Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2019, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I imagine that is highly inconvenient!
I hate using my phone to post. Love my keyboard!

I spent the afternoon with my goddaughter and her friend in one of those indoor playgrounds (even though the weather is fantastic... but she was so looking forward to it) and now I'm so knackered...
ALF: Justice will think about it.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Hope your thumb heals quick, Mark! I found to be hard to read and post on a phone. It’s not even the easiest via a large iPad screen!

That sounds like a nice thing to do today, Kia! Hanging out with kids can be tiring though, they have a lot of energy!

Are you happy to be back to your routine, Claire? How you feeling?

I was home again today, sleeping a lot so not much to report here!
Old 04-26-2019, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I was so sleep-deprived yesterday I forgot to post on this thread!

On Wednesday night we went out to see the double bill of Avengers films. I'm glad we saw both as I forgotten things about the first one, and it made a cohesive story to see both at once. Unfortunately we were crammed into the standard size seating so it was uncomfortable by the end of 6 hours of viewing! Still we did get up and walk around inbetween films. It was so busy there. Every screen (I think there are 10 in total) had Avengers End Game showing at midnight. I've never seen the cinema so busy! The queue for snacks was out the door! Anyway we left before the end of the credits at 3am, and I'm glad I did. I've never seen the large car park so full. My brother in law left later and confirmed it was difficult leaving!

Anyway I was up at 8.00am and realised I needed to send a card, I so went out to do that before having an hour and a half nap.

Today I start my new course. Hopefully I'll be awake enough to concentrate!

I hope you feel better soon, Leanne.

I hope the thumb heals quickly, Mark. Cuts on there are so annoying!

That sounds nice, Kia, even if it was tiring!
Old 04-26-2019, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Wow, Claire! I heard of that movie being a big deal, but that sounds very unusual these days to have such big business at the movies. Wow!!! 6 hours of movie??? Thats alot to sit through!

Hope you caught up on the sleep for your first day back to your intellectual pursuits, Claire!! Good luck!!

I had a bad night. I have a headache now, drinking coffee and my eyes are tired!!

The difference of yesterday when I walk in the door in the morning at work with my co-workers:

Thursday: "you're late!"
Friday: "yayyyy!" *does a happy dance

Coworker made me so mad by saying the obvious instead of something like good morning, but I knew she'd be counting each minute past 8:15, cause that's how she is with me!
Old 04-26-2019, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys...

do you know this feeling when you're actually quite content and then you see your life through someone else's eyes and you wanna curl up and cry? Not a fan of that feeling

Someone I haven't been in touch with for years contacted me, wanting to know how I was doing and telling me about baby #2, fantastic husband and property they own... I like her, wanna be happy for her, totally wouldn't want her life but it still sucks being me right now

Okay, rant over.

Leanne, sorry you're not feeling well, but fprtunately it's Friday and there'll be some time to relax
And I really don't get people who are always negative like your coworker.... what do they get out of it?

Claire, what a movie night!!! I would so have slept through it Sic hours But I am glad you enjoyed it! How was your class?
Old 04-26-2019, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

I'm thinking maybe that co-worker is doing it intentionally, in order to make me leave. But its working cause just when I think "ok, I think I can possibly deal with working here, not so bad", she does her negativity first thing in the morning and I think, "no, she's just too bitchy" to want to deal with. everything else about the place I wouldn't mind!

yeah, I usually have feelings like that when I compare what other women my age range have in their lives. But when I really think about it, I know I am happy with my own life and don't have their stresses that come with that. And I have individual freedom, like you, to make our own choices. But sometimes it looks greener over the septic tank

I don't like the idea that others may have pity on me though.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, exactly. them!
Maybe I should get that tattooed on my arm so I don't forget it

And I hat pity too. Always have.

That co-worker, there is probably not a lot that can be done about her that you haven't already tried... any other ideas? Or do you think you might just leave at the end of the school year and find someplace else?
Old 04-26-2019, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Was that person who contacted you, did you think they didn't reach out for a while but then did so, just to brag to you?

I think I'll be keeping my eye out for other openings during summer and if possible go somewhere else if there are any that are one day hours! I know I can have a better work environment than that.

All I do (thanks to my happy med, probably!) is not say anything to outright negative remarks so that they hang in the air for her and just agree or not really say anything and be positive. If I wasn't on the med, I'd be more likely to bite her head off like I sort of did a few times in the fall
Old 04-26-2019, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I sympathize, Kia. But I know you want to live the life that you want. There's no point comparing yourself with others. As long you are happy about your situation there's nothing wrong with it.

That co-worker of yours is a nasty piece of work, Leanne. I have no idea why anyone behaves like that.

My course was fun. Most of the class were on my old course so it was a bit of a reunion.

I got sent a new router yesterday, and I plugged it in today, so hopefully our wifi problems are now sorted!
Old 04-26-2019, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, I don't know.... it felt like it but I don't REALLY think that was the main intention...
Claire, I guess there are some things I would like to have gone differently... otherwise I wouldn't make me feel so defensive about it
And thanks for listening, you two

Leanne,it's probably a good idea to just keep an eye on the openings... As for the biting: she deserved it but I am happy you are feeling better and don't get so emotionally involved in these fights since it made you feel bad.

I'm glad you enjoyed your new course, Claire And for stable wifi
Old 04-26-2019, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Claire, I’m happy you get to carry on your course with some of the same people you already know! Good luck with this second round!

Also glad you got a new router for your wifi!

I’m a good listener, Kia also had an odd thought, do you pronounce your name like “kee-yah” or “ki-yah”? Never thought there are two ways to say your name before.

I just had some sushi, but honestly I don’t even know what I just ate for sure I’ve had better ones too so I won’t reorder that one, I think it was tuna... but really hoping it wasn’t eel or anything

it’s time for the weekend now! I’ve been so tired today, like I could nap all day
Old 04-26-2019, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

kee-ya

I wanna eat sushi now I have been thinking about what to eat for a bit now but it is 00:40 and I just shouldn't I'd better go to bed before I start cooking

I don't think I have ever had eel!
Old 04-26-2019, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

I don’t think I’ve ever had eel either. The fish in the Center of the roll was like tuna or what I assume would be like an eel. next time I’ll stick with my shrimp, crab and avocado filling

Yeah do you ever make your own sushi? I hope you sleep well and have a good weekend too.,

I’m gonna have to try to stay awake but it’s only 4 pm
Old 04-26-2019, 06:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Hi friends! I’ve been trying to catch up on the OT thread but haven’t very well

Aw Kia I know how you feel I don’t know you much but you seem like a decent person who is perfect the way you are

I absolutely prefer phone posting instead of a laptop or sitting in an uncomfortable chair and desktop computer. I wear reading glasses too so it’s not hard to see

Oh man I hate any fish my mom used to cook it and even the smell made me sick

Happy Friday everyone!

"She got the best of me, she broke my heart, all that's left of me is bleeding in this guitar. Every night a different town, she follows me around, so you get what's left of me"
Old 04-27-2019, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Mark

Fish is a very good Friday topic

I used to dislike fish too when I was younger
I like it now but I seldomly eat it.
I made sushi with friends once. It wasn't very difficult but it took us ages

Hope you managed to stay awake for work, Leanne
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top