Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-08-2019, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, the worst stories about horrible living situations I know always involve the landlords living in the same building

What is the reason for not letting him be close after treatment?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-08-2019, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Because he will be giving off slight radiation so I’ll get about an amount of an x-ray if he is always touching me!

I’m about to get my hair dyed, I don’t like doing it. I wish my hair stayed my original color til after I’m retired or something.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not long until you have internet access at home, Leanne!

Your poor cat. I don't know how you will manage that either.

Nevermind then, Kia. Hopefully the next one will be the one.

I've been getting my son to practice doing English writing for his exams. I'm pretty sure he can get the content in the time if he learns to write the bare bones of it quickly, and then add more interesting language afterwards. At the moment he's worrying so much about what to write at the beginning it takes ages for anything to be written. Once I got him to do this it was a much better piece of writing. It gives me hope we may get him to improve things, eventually.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky (View Post)
Because he will be giving off slight radiation so I’ll get about an amount of an x-ray if he is always touching me!

I’m about to get my hair dyed, I don’t like doing it. I wish my hair stayed my original color til after I’m retired or something.
That sounds weird to me, Leanne. I'm sure it can't be more radiation than you'd get flying to Hawaii. But I'm not a scientist.

Claire, that's a smart move. Learn a few good introductory sentences by heart, know your connectives and get some ideas for what a final sentence can look like.

I spent the days with friends. We watched Alladin Ahhh, good times And we also had good food. Checked out a nice Vietnamese place.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-10-2019, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, my cat is rebelling against swallowing the pills now! A lot of spit is involved and since that is a bodily fluid I may have to wear gloves for each time I do that (3 times a day til August.) actually he should only be slightly radioactive for two weeks.

Speaking of, today I dropped him off in Vancouver for the treatment. He’s had it by now, so the next 4-5 days are just hanging out there til his levels are normal/safe.

It’s weird not having him around though! When I’m home, I’ve never been alone without him since I got him in 2010!

How is everyone? I finally have internet at home now so I was flaking out just trying to catch up on online places.

Back to work tomorrow!
Old 06-10-2019, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad to see you're back online, Leanne.

I hope the treatment for your cat goes well. I hate to think what we'd do if we ever had to give a pill to my cat, she won't swallow them!

Good tips, Kia. I really want him to learn time management too, so he doesn't spend the whole time thinking, and not get anything down. I do worry about how he's going to cope when so much of our assessment system is based on written exams.

It's finally stopped raining: it never stopped yesterday.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Talking about time management... I messed up and need to get some really big things done by Thursday morning. Hating myself a bit right now... ah well...

Leanne, I am happy you are back online! I hope kitty is doing okay. Did they call you and tell you how it went?

Claire, it rained here last night but not much which my dry balcony plants can attest to.

Oh, one thing I am doing better with is the binge eating that occured over the last weeks. I think I mentioned that I thought it was meds-related.
Anyway, I have been doing better since I got myself back to intermittent fasting (8h of eating whatever I like and 16 hours of fasting). Also I am eating a lot of raw food at the moment and that seems to be working better.
Just thought I'd give myself a pat on the back before I go back to being annoyed with myself

Hope everyone else's week is going better...

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-11-2019, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad to be connected to the outside world again.

Its gonna be in the 30's in the heat index today. I'm glad my brother loaned me his big air conditioner for the window.

Ooo, I hope you can cram your work to be done before Thursday, Kia.... Yeah, I feel for you with that situation. Stress-y! Congrats on the fasting habit and the binge eating under control too. I need to do what you are doing!

Just hoping for summer to hurry up and these 3 last weeks to go by fast. Its the most work month for me with 3 libraries = 3 inventories!!

Happy you are helping your son so much, Claire!! You are a great parent!!
Old 06-12-2019, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, that sounds exhausting, Leanne!
I guess apart from finals it is the most stressful time of the year in schools in general. Everyone is going a bit crazy here too.
So far I am not doing too bad with my work stuff but I am exhausted. But I need to push myself a little more...
Any news from the vet? Knowing that your kitty is not home with you makes me a bit anxious.

Yay for the air conditioner. It's warm here today but not too bad if it wasn't for the humidity.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-12-2019, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, another scorcher over here is due! I'm actually wearing a tank top to work in anticipation of the afternoon. I never wear tank tops to work I also have two fans going in this room right now!

Today is nice though, the whole school population is going to the beach so I get to only work alone and the secretary and custodian are here. That's about it

The hospital gives me daily updates on my kitty. They said he was worried the afternoon of arriving and started panting so they gave him a sedative to help him relax and since then he settled in and ate well and used his litterbox. So far, so good. Responded well to the treatment. I'm due for yesterday's report this morning.

Its so weird not having him with me!! (I have to say, I'm sleeping really well though without his pawing at the door at night.)
Old 06-12-2019, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The beach! I'm soooooo jealous

But it sounds like work will be bearable without kids and with fans
Keeping my fingers crossed.

It's great they update you every day. And for good news so far

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-12-2019, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, all the schools in my district get a day to go to the beach as a school. Fun for the kids!! But I'm always happy being just alone at school, I can listen to podcasts or play the TV while I work

I just asked the custodian if he was going to play his music and he said yep. And we were both like "Part-ay!!!"
Old 06-12-2019, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad the treatment is going well. It sounds very hot there, Leanne! It's still raining here.

I've been feeling down about the prospect of a bumbling buffoon becoming Prime Minister in the near future. Sometimes I feel like nothing will save this country.

My neck was so painful last night I considered going to the chiropractor. I chickened out though. I hate having my neck cracked.

Well done on the binge eating, Kia. I've started eating too much again. Really need to count calories again, it does stop me.

We've had a load of rain, Kia. I'm glad though, I hated how dry it was last year.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ugh, its warmer at this second location. I have my portable fan blowing directly on me, but the air is kind of lukewarm. and there is no air circulation if I get up and leave to another part of the room.

Sorry you're feeling discouraged about the new PM, Claire Does that what it looks like the votes are going to go or is he being appointed? (which I don't think works there for a PM)

Sorry your neck is so painful too! Seeing chiropractors work looks scary! Wonder if it would help though? I only got my back adjusted once and it felt great afterward.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I habe had the worst experience with having my neck cracked. They really hurt me and made the whole thing worse. So much can go wrong - especially with the neck. I only go to the osteopath now. No one is allowed to crack any of my vertebrae ever again. My witch takes care of them all
But there is probably a lot a regular physiotherapist could do muscle-wise.

I hope your work day is over soon!
Mine definitely is. Just after midnight

And I am worried about the buffoon too, but do you really think a vote is gonna go south that badly again?

avi by neel luvs tony