Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-02-2019, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, I hope things are going well moving in, and I really hope that things are going quickly for you and your kitty.

Claire, thanks. I hate not being able to contact you guys, too. I'm glad you're going out walking. I know that makes you feel good. Is your neck/shoulder area doing any better?

Kia, when are you checking out the new flat? Or, did you already? My roommate isn't gone, and there is no guarantee of her leaving at this point. I'm so stressed out, but, I'm keeping myself busy. How about you?

Oh my gosh, one of the outdoor kitties here, Lily, she's so sweet and loving to me. She hears my walker on the deck, when I go out and comes running.

Mark, my counselor here has hot spot. I am thinking of checking into that. I hope you're doing well.

Kim
Old 06-03-2019, 03:51 AM
Elite Fan

Hotspot is nice but after 14 GB of 4G it gets kicked down to 3G and can be very glitchy. I only use it for internet browsing and YT so it’s good enough for my needs
Old 06-03-2019, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

whew, I got internet at work!

What a weekend! Its like I was moving house and also dealing with medical cat stuff at the same time!

I was out at 10 pm to get his medication for the HBP cause the vet called me and made it sound like it was urgent I start him on it. So I started last night. Poor guy is so scared right now in the new place with new sounds and the place is "echo-y" cause nothing on the walls, and the 9 ft high ceilings.

I wish I could make him feel better. He was panting when I brought him there.

I'm almost there, I just need cable and internet hook up and moving some bathroom supplies and pantry stuff still. At this point, I just want to sleep for 24 hrs straight!
Old 06-03-2019, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's quite painful at night, Kim. I'm trying to not use it, but I'm very right handed, so it is hard.

That cat sounds very cute!

Totally Mark, the grass grows so fast! I'm glad I don't have to mow as much as that though! Do you have a ride on mower? I have to push my mower around to cut my grass.

I'm sure you are very tired, Leanne!

I hope you can help him adjust soon. It is stressful for cats to move like that.

I was out shopping and doing chores today, and saw some of my friends at the coffee shop. I really felt like I'd not been invited deliberately. Either that or the one who organised it is totally inconsiderate.

In the past something like that would have sent me into a downward spiral, but I feel fine this time. If she doesn't want to hang with me it's up to her.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I'm at work wondering how he's doing. I also wonder how he will be when I turn on the air conditioner my brother lent me, I really hope its not too loud when its on!

I guess I have to admit, there were some sounds last night that scared me too And I swear I heard a knocking at my bedroom door... haunted??? at a brand new building?

I also have a new commute... and in nice weather its so much prettier and less traffic.. I got to work 10 minutes early

Awww, Claire I have to say that would send me into a worry upset spiral, but glad this time, you don't feel that bad and can off. That's really not nice though. Of course, when friends do this, they always end up getting caught even if they don't know you know!!

I hope you have a lawn mower you can ride on, Mark.

Aww, I'm glad a kitty there is loving you, Kim! Glad there is a cat there!! They should have a couple of cats at assisted living buildings for wellbeing of residents, I think!!
Old 06-03-2019, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The new commute sounds nice, Leanne. I suspect the new place just has noises you're not used to. But then I don't believe in ghosts!

Yeah, perhaps she felt bad as she's just invited me to something in only a few weekends' time (which I normally know about months in advance). But it's not worth me getting all upset about like I used to do in these situations. That really only hurts me, after all.

I wish people understood that I'm just not that socially aware, and have no idea how things I do come across, though.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mark, thanks for letting me know about that, with hotspot. I think our new maintenance man got everything hooked up right now, and I can sit on the back deck and pick it up. You have lotssss of mowing to do. I hope you're wearing sunscreen.

Leanne! I'm glad you have internet at work. I haven't been around, but it's nice to see you. I'm so sorry for your kitty. He will adjust though. Did you put out some paper bags, or toys to play with, especially when you're not there? I used to leave the TV on low volume, for a couple of weeks after we moved.

WOW your ceilings are hugely tall! I bet you're stressed, and tired. Take care of yourself. Also yay on the great new commute. I think they know that the cats help me and Marsha (my best friend here). Marsha was sort of their mom when I got here, but when she was in the hospital, Lily got attached to me. Hershey is Lily's son. He only wants to be petted when he wants.

Claire, I'm so sorry to hear that. Having that much pain is bad enough, but having to be careful because it's your dominant hand and arm. I'm sorry it's hurting so bad. I don't like that your friends were that inconsiderate, or mean. I am glad that you've learned to know how to feel about that.

Did you get all your errands and chores done? I know I am with people, but I don't mean to be, and if someone doesn't tell me, I just don't know, so I can understand that.

Kim
Old 06-03-2019, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just counted. This will be the tenth time I am moving, Mark
The first two times were as a child though so I wasn't moving by myself.
And does that mean you have no regular internet connection, Mark? Like with a modem?

Claire, that sounds really inconsiderate. But I am glad you don't let it get to you so much. If I were you I would maybe ask the one you like best of the friends you sometimes have coffee with to meet some time. Just to show your still interested in these things. Maybe there was some misunderstanding?

Kim, I am glad things are getting better where you live. At least it sounds that way - even if you're still stuck with that roommate. I haven't checked out of my flat yet. The new owners of the building don't even know I want to move yet.
I have been kinda hesitant giving my notice because if I do, I'll have to take whatever I come across in the next few weeks and I can't be sure to find something because it seems like everyone is looking... argh

Leanne, I find new places spooky sometimes... especially because they are echo-y. It takes me a few days to adjust too
If I were you I might just put some posters or scarves on the wall to make the sound less threatening... until you decide what you want to put up.
Poor kitty.
Whenever I moved with my dog I used to call my landline with my mobile (back then I still had a landline) and I waited for 15-20 minutes... like a baby monitor - to make sure he wasn't crying
I am sure he will feel right at home soon and since he is an indoor cat he will learn to enjoy the added space
Hope everything goes alright with the meds.

About the ghosts... a friend of mine got a new bathroom radio when she moved into her flat and that turned on at 3 in the morning She still has no idea how that happened but she was scared to death when she suddenly heard loud singing in the middle of the night

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-03-2019, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too, Claire. Not socially aware!

When we met, I thought you were shy, but very friendly and a good conversationalist! I'd love hanging out with you if we lived close in person!

Today is an easy day at work. Only one class so far before lunch did a book exchange and I'm just mostly cataloging and labeling new books. At least work is the same in my life right now.

Woah, JINX, Kia and Kim have to catch up with your posts now.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's always nice to have stable elements if a lot changes
Glad you are having a nice day at work

My day was okay but I was extremely knackered and had an incredibly long nap just now (5h).
But me and my friends went to a Mariah concert last night (I know, not everyone's cup of tea, but OMG... her voice is still so amazing! Last time I saw her was in London in 2003... still 5 octaves :thud) so my night was kinda short

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-03-2019, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, that sounds fun, Kia! I'm not really into Mariah but she used to have a pretty good range voice!

The pills I have to give my cat are a quarter so they are really small. I have to make sure he actually swallows them. Last night I kept seeing he spit them out so I had to keep forcing it back in and he was licking alot cause he could taste it by then.

That's spooky about the radio! I thought someone was trying to break into my place.

Kim, I missed you alot! Glad about your wi-fi though now!! I left my cat his toy where he hugs and kicks it. But I need to get into his toy box and get him some balls. I am sure they will be more fun to swat, rolling on a hard floor! Yeah, the ceilings are quite high, making it feel more spacious even through the floor space is small. So stuffy though and warm.

So cute with the new kitties!
Old 06-03-2019, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, yes, I had that a few times... thought I heard someone in front of my door. Went to check it was locked and then went into the other rooms to see if anyone had broken in. No idea what I would have done had I found someone standing there
Screamed my head off, I guess

Is there anything kitty loves so much he wouldn't think twice about just swallowing it?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-03-2019, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, yes, I had that a few times... thought I heard someone in front of my door. Went to check it was locked and then went into the other rooms to see if anyone had broken in. No idea what I would have done had I found someone standing there
Screamed my head off, I guess

Is there anything kitty loves so much he wouldn't think twice about just swallowing it?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-03-2019, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I don't know what I'd do if someone actually was on the other side of my door! Probably pee my pants

Well, they do sell pill pockets which are an edible thing you can stuff pills into, but I have to give him a pill 3 times a day for two months so that might be a bit much calories... although he could gain some weight!!
Old 06-03-2019, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pill pockets? How interesting!
My dog would go crazy over liverwurst so I just had to cover the pill in it and it was gone before I could even call him He'd inhale it.

And yes, peeing my pants would always be an option as well

avi by neel luvs tony