New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2019, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Yeah, its just sad to think my cat is leaving for the vet and then wants to go home but there is no familiar home to go back to for him... first the condo and then a new place... and then one or two weeks later he will be at the hyperthyroid place for about 4 days! Hope he doesn't get too stressed out!!

I'll miss you too, Claire and Kia and Kim. I hate those intervals where I'm feeling disconnected from people and the outer world! I will hopefully be busy organizing while I'm waiting for the cable company to come over!

Yeah, I wish hairdressers for woman had it as easy and fast for men for haircuts. When I dyed my hair blue in highlights it took 3 hours

Thanks for the advice to help my cat adjust to the new place. Gotta go buy a refill of feliway.

Today at work certainly feels better without her around. Nice to hear a male teacher's voice in the room than hers. And the kids seem to like him more cause she's kinda more mean. We were listening to Frank Sinatra while they did their work in here.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I didn't know that. What are they gonna do there? Adjust his meds?
And I totally understand you are worried. I was always worried when I moved with my dog. Especially when he got older.

I like Sinatra

And I always miss you guys too when I can't be here regularly I am sure time will fly for you though. Getting setlled in is always so exciting

I just saw a flat online I really like. It can't have been online for more than a few hours so I hope I will get a chance to check it out
The only problem is that it is free right away. Can't afford to pay for two appartments for three months... wanna check it out nevertheless.

BTW do you have pics of your new place, Leanne?
ALF: Justice will think about it.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome, Leanne. Yes best to do what you can to make the move less stressful for him.

It took 3 hours? I would be so bored sitting there for all that time!

Yes I'm sitting down now. I went for a run with my husband and he pushed me to run faster than I like and now my muscles keep cramping up!

Good luck with the flat hunting, Kia!
Old 05-30-2019, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

I think when I get set up, I might take pics and send them to you via PM if you'd like!

At least go see it, Kia. But that may tempt you to get in over your head with your budget!

Is there something to help the muscle ache, Claire? IBprofin or cooling gel?

Kia, the vet is going to take tests of his heart, x-ray of his thyroid and blood tests so they can send it to the treatment place to make sure he's healthy enough to do the cure treatment and not have like heart failure or something.

He's not going to like it cause he screeched the last time I heard them take his blood. But it will be about 45 minutes so I'm dropping him off and picking him up after. Then the vet can refer and send the info and then I can make an appointment to send him there.

I'm bored at work. I really cant think of anything else I can do here for 4 more days with her watching my every move.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Magnesium usually helps me when I overdid it

Leanne, yes, it may tempt me... but it looks too nice not to check it out

And that sounds like a lot but whatever kitty needs My dog was always really nervous at the doctor's too but they always gave him extra yummy cookies so he was kinda torn between being excited and anxious about going there
Old 05-30-2019, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

My cat doesn't like getting into the carrier to go there. But once he is there, he is pretty good. If they give him a toy with some catnip, he makes himself at home on the floor to hug and kick at it! The vets are getting good at making them not so stressed out. And over here they have a seperate entrance for cats and dogs so they don't have to interact or see each other in the waiting room!

With the male teacher librarian, I just heard him say to a kid "no I'm not interested in your mom's number!"
Old 05-31-2019, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

How cute
Old 05-31-2019, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Well, this is likely the last time I have time and access to post something, so I'm gonna wish you all a great weekend and have fun, guys! I'll be busy, but I'll miss you guys!! Can't wait to get my internet back at the new place!!

Old 05-31-2019, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bye, Leanne. I hope it goes well, and we get to speak to you soon.

I've been using deep heat and muscle rubs on it, Leanne. I didn't sleep well though, because I can't lie on my right side.

Today I took it easy and got stuff done on my computer.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, I hope the move went / is going well!
BTW I was invited to check out the flat I was talking about Next Saturday.

Claire, that sounds really painful!
I had problems sleeping last week but it was my neck and muscle tension that kept me from relaxing.
I hope you'll feel better soon!
Old 06-01-2019, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So, the new maintenance man supposedly had the new wi-fi hooked up right now. It meant the whole week without the internet, but worth it, cause it should stay on.

Claire, I hope you are feeling better as of now.

Leanne, I hope it's all going well with you and the move.

Kia, yay! I'm glad you were invited to see the place.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Just checking in! Today the boys all quickly got my furniture moved from the house to the new place and me and my mom unpacked the boxes and managed to basically set up almost everything.

All I need now to bolt then shelves to the wall ,get cable and the net connected, set up my tv and DVD’s and get my bathroom toiletries and cleaning supplies and pantry stuff over there and I’ll be ready to be “moved in”. Also need to mount all pictures on the wall. I’m just

And my cat has high blood pressure now so I’ll have to give him a quarter pill every day, like I do for the same condition. I hope in a week to get him his cure for hyperthyroid and maybe will help lower his BP.

I’m glad you got the new wi-fi, Kim

Ooh exciting, Kia!

Glad you got your computer stuff done, Claire
Old 06-02-2019, 02:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay, Leanne!
You know what usually is the biggest and most annoying part of moving? Getting the old flat ready for apartment transfer (looked that one up... hope it's correct ) Hoping you painted everything correctly and they don't find any marks on the floor or chipped wood on the door frames... And then they sometimes try to find something so they don't have to give the deposit back... and you don't have to go through that Double-yay!
I hope you feel at home soon and can enjoy having a kitchen again!

Great news about the wifi, Kim! How are you doing?
Old 06-02-2019, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good luck on the house-hunting, Kia.
I still have a bit of pain in my neck and shoulder area, but it has improved a bit.

Poor Kitty, Leanne! I hope they can help him.

Yay on the moving. I hope it continues to go well and that you get all connected soon.

Good news on the wifi, Kim. I'm always afraid you will lose contact with us.

Did your roommate get moved yet?

I had a lazy day today. Just resting but still going out walking.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Yeah, Kia, the entire process of moving is annoying luckily I’ve ever moved once so I haven’t had to deal with getting the old place ready and moving my stuff out

Lazy Sundays are the best Claire I wa so used to not doing yard work so now that it’s summer I’m cutting the grass every weekend. Doesn’t help that we have 14 acres

I hope your cat feels better Leanne, poor little thing

Glad you got your WiFi set up Kim I live out in the middle of nowhere so I have to use the hotspot on my phone

"She got the best of me, she broke my heart, all that's left of me is bleeding in this guitar. Every night a different town, she follows me around, so you get what's left of me"
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top