Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-19-2019, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, but I barely have much stuff to move so it won’t take long to pack or unpack. Mostly books and clothes!

And I’m looking forward to it cause I’ve been planning in my head and visualizing how the place will look once my decor is all in it!

I’m glad you liked your song for Eurovision Claire! sounds like a fun thing for Europe, I can’t think of a similar thing they have for North America!
Old 05-19-2019, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks you ladies. It's the walker I have, with 4 wheels. Now I constantly feel unbalanced, when I'm just standing.

Kia, have you heard anything about who got that flat? I hope if you didn't it gives you some solid ideas of what you want. Awesome rant. I can't stand people like that. "Thou shalt not judge" !!! It sounds like you're really enjoying the nice weather and your balcony.

Claire, it sounds like you've been having a lot of fun out with your family, and visitors. Were the kids out of school, or did you wait until after school, or the weekend? You've gotten a lot of yard stuff worked on. Did I miss somewhere that you hurt yourself? How is your course going?

Leanne. on finding a place, and getting that freedom. I know how hard it was for you not having a kitchen. You made do, but you'll have so much fun cooking, and having places for your kitchen stuff. So, I am confused-are you taking your kitty? I know they allow pets.

I'm waiting for a 2 bedroom place, because I'll need room for my furniture, and I have quite a bit of it. I can make do with one bedroom, crowded, so I've not cut that off my application.

Kim
Old 05-19-2019, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Kim, so glad to see you around again. I wonder if you developed vertigo? I have seen walkers that can go up to your arms so people can walk more upright and it looks safer than one you have to lean over sort of.

Hope your doing as well as you can be with your fracture.

Yeah, I’m looking forward to this move and having everything needed to do things like cook or prepare real food, not pre-made food! Yes, I am taking my cat. It will be a smaller space for him and me, but has high ceilings and white walls so hopefully will feel spacious as well as big windows and I am on the side that gets the afternoon and evening sun so it will not be dark there.

Good, Kim, I hope that waiting list moves on and you can get your own place with space for your things.

I’ve really been purging books and old papers cause this apartment building doesn’t provide extra storage so what’s in my place is all the storage I get and my closet there isn’t any larger than my one in my bedroom already.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you get a place, soon, Kim.

My back was sore recently. It's on the mend now though. I've not been feeling very well today. My neck glands are sore, and I felt nauseous and headachy.

The kids have next week off school, so we've only had the weekend to do things recently. We did have a long weekend when we had friends staying though.

I hate how political Eurovision is. It should be judged on the songs. It may be we're also not liked because we pay more and are always in the final. I don't know if the same is true of Germany, France, Spain and Italy, though.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, that sounds like you're getting rid of a lot of stuff that you won't miss. I'm glad your kitty is going. Do you have anyone living above you in the apartments? I'm just so happy for you. I know I'll give to charity a lot of my stuff, cause I haven't really used any of it in the last 2 months. I'll just need space, and time. How is work? When will you get your exhaust system checked on your car?

Claire, I hope you're resting, while maybe watching some DVD's, or playing on the internet. I also hope it doesn't last/hurt very long. Do you guys have special plans for next week, or just all chilling out together? Aw, feel better. Why is that show political at all? That would upset me. Is your course going well? What day is it on?

I did buy Stephen King's "The Stand" off of Amazon. It was the one book I didn't want to do without. I have only read most of the book you got me Leanne, but other than that, I haven't read in years. This book, once I start, I'll read it over and over. It has 400 extra pages in this one.

They are putting our air conditioners today. I hope they do get the one in our room, and the dining room, in. I am only eating one meal a day because of the heat.

Okay, enough. See you guys, hopefully later today.

Kim
Old 05-20-2019, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

hi Kim! I’m glad you are getting air conditioning in your room. Next they have to get wi-fi in everyone’s own rooms too! hope the bed bugs are eradicated now! I can’t imagine how hot it has to be if you don’t have air conditioning in NC. My new place doesn’t have central air conditioning but can put in a window unit.

I got my exhaust problem fixed, they forgot to put a cap back on a pipe and it spewed out hot oil for the 4 days I drove so I got a free oil check for next time.

I think someone lives above me but don’t know if they are noisy or how well the insulation is yet. One of my walls is beside a thick fire wall so that will help with noise reduction on that side!

Work is good, I’m happily busy with new book processing at at least two places and Friday I plan to spend $1000 at the book store, so fun to get paid while buying books at a bookstore!

I’m packing slowly, the guy said I can start to put things into the apartment now, two weeks before official move in date so it’s not feeling rushed to move everything all at once!
Old 05-20-2019, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So tired... oral exams for the next three days.
This seriously is the part about my job I enjoy least!
And I have a cold and feel like complaining

I am glad they still have you on the list for apartments, Kim. I was a little worried this place might be permanent!
I used to have a walker like the one you are describing. You'll get used to it once your statics (not sure this is the right word) are somewhat back to normal after all the injuries

Claire, I hope you feel better soon!

Leanne, still happy packing

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 05-20-2019, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kia, I can tell I’m a bookworm cause I have 4 boxes and they are full of just books and I still have the heaviest ones not packed yet so that will be like 5 boxes of just books going to an apartment.

Yuck, I hope you can really enjoy your time off after all this marking and oral exam teaching!

I’m looking forward (not) to doing 3 library book inventories in June! Beeping every single book in 3 libraries
Old 05-20-2019, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Be sure not to pack them all in one box
Last time I moved I had more than 500 and some of my boxes were reeeeally heavy!

And there is Ascension and Pentecost to look forward to but other than that, I'll have to wait for July

I can imagine the inventories are huge!!!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 05-20-2019, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, that sounds like it's going well then. It really helps when you can start putting things in there ahead of time. Get the boxes and small stuff on out of the way and done. Are you hiring a truck for moving your furniture?

You'll have a freaking blast at that book store.

Ugh, Kia, I don't blame you one bit for complaining. I hope you feel better sooner rather than later. I've been using this walker for almost 6 months, and I also used it when I had my hip replacement 2 years ago. I'm used to it, it's just flawed. My balance is much better through physical therapy.

What are the Ascension and Pentecost?

I'm off to bed in a few minutes. I kept getting interrupted posting on EL&I. Now the third shift woman is here, and she's lazy, and always talking to me when I'm on here, even when I'm listening to something on here with my headphones on, expecting me to stop, and answer her.

Kim
Old 05-21-2019, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Kim!
Oh sorry, I misunderstood then. I thought you had a different kind before I always liked my four-wheeler, but but my dad hates his for example... but he is far too tall for it and his illness too advanced.

My brain feels empty after this morning so I won't even try to explain it myself
Quote:
The ascension of Jesus (Ascensio Iesu) is the departure of Christ from Earth into the presence of God.
It is interesting that this still is a public holiday. It's a very traditional one which not so many people actively celebrate. More people celebrate father's day, which is always celebrated on ascension day (no idea why)... you often see groups of men doing crazy stuff together in the countryside

Quote:
The Christian holy day of Pentecost, which is celebrated on the seventh Sunday after Easter, commemorates the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles and other followers of Jesus Christ while they were in Jerusalem celebrating the Feast of Weeks, as described in the Acts of the Apostles (Acts 2:1–31). In Christian tradition, this event represents the birth of the early Church.
This is an interesting holiday because the churches often reflect on what they are doing and where they are going... as one does on a birthday
It's a more important holiday for Catholics, I seem to remember, as they see themselves as direct descendents of the early church (the Pope in a way being a descendent of Peter, who is often seen as the first pope). It's also a public holiday.

I desperately need to take a nap now

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 05-21-2019, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good morning everyone!!

Hope you are all doing well today!

Boxes full of books are really heavy. We are renting a truck and my dad and at least one brother will help move my furniture. Fortunately, its mostly IKEA and not very heavy. I did say lets get a cart/wagon to lift and move the heavy book boxes though. Near impossible to lift and carry, would kill our backs!!

That's annoying, Kim. Its sort of like you can't really escape people living there. No where private to work on things without people around!
Old 05-21-2019, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you're feeling better soon, Kia.

My course is on Friday afternoons, Kim. Just like the previous one.

That sounds like a lot of books, Leanne!

I'm doing better today. I got all yesterday's and today's chores done. My throat was quite dry though.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you are feeling better, Claire! So many things to make us feel bleach in late spring, with weird flu’s and allergies!

Today was good, I didn’t sleep very well last night cause I felt like I didn’t get to sleep til around 1 am and the night woke up almost every hour. so I didn’t do anything related to moving tonight. I just flopped out.

Hopefully tonight I’ll sleep way better,

My dad found a “new” car for me to test drive since my current one is from 2003. This is a 2016 model, I may check it out on Thursday.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A new car sounds a good idea. It won't go wrong as much, hopefully.

I didn't sleep too well because I was worrying about things last night.

Then my daughter woke me up because she couldn't find her PE socks. I think my kids may have each others but I don't know for sure until they get home.