Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2019, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it dribbles in there when it's open. It was weird cooking and being able to see the food! Yes we adults like our appliances.

Yes Kia. I tried to work out how to remove it one time, but I failed!

Yes, Leanne. He loves Science. He wants to do Chemistry at A-Level and University, so he needs to get better grades, but I think he will get there.

I hope that's a good sign she understands why you do it now, Leanne.

Yes me too, Kia. The innoculation for meningitis gives some symptoms of the disease unfortunately.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:34 PM
MotW Geek

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

It’s only 12:30 pm but I want a nap right here in the staff room amidst all these people in here

They made bannock but I’m not sure I’m supposed to have one, it could be for lunch club people only.

Got a library meeting about the goals this afternoon with principal and co-worker, hope I don’t fall asleep in it.

Hope you guys have a good Thursday. Tomorrow might be a bit snow flurry for me!
Old 02-07-2019, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally get it. Felt the same at noon at work.
I have more hours now. Not coping so well, but I'll see how it goes...
Oh, I will finally start rehab the week after next!

It's getting really warm here now. Almost feels like spring. We'll have +15°C next week

Claire, that's hard! I usually just feel tired after vaccinations. I need to refresh a few but my doctors are hesitant with everything that is going on health-wise...
Old 02-08-2019, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's great news, Kia! I'm glad it's got sorted out.

That does sound warm, too.

I hope your meeting went well, Leanne and the snow isn't too bad. It sounds very heavy for Karen in the last few weeks.

My son's tuition is this afternoon, as we had to rearrange it. So a lot more driving for me today after my course. But at least I don't have to cook!
Old 02-08-2019, 09:57 AM
MotW Geek

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Kia, so glad to hear its now getting somewhere for you with the therapy sessions! I really hope they help your legs and such Sorry, its hard now with working more hours!

It is so not like spring here now in BC. Its an arctic wind time, with temps being minus all the time!! Tonight, they said the power could go out overnight with the high winds and the wind chill will be cold!! So I'm glad I have a gas fireplace cause if the power goes out, at least my room will be warm!

How come you don't have to cook, Claire? Fast food? You sound busy again!

It won't be much snow here, there was just the lightest snow on my car to brush off. So I haven't been stressed as usual about snow this winter. Yeah, in Karen's area, they are getting harder hit with lots more snow!
Old 02-08-2019, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When my son has tuition my mother-in-law cooks us a dinner together, Leanne.

Friday is a busy day. There's a huge storm hitting us right now, high winds and hard rain and a lot of it. I got soaked walking back to my car. I also had to drive through floods on the way home this evening, very scary!

It does sound bad for Karen!

I hope you don't lose power, Leanne.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:22 PM
MotW Geek

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Wow, sounds like you're having quite the storm over there too, Claire!! Nasty weather lately, everywhere! That's nice that your MIL will cook you guys dinner!

Um, that does sound scary to drive through high water. I'd be afraid the water would stop my engine and it would get into the car. glad you survived and got home! Stay safe for the weekend!!

Yeah, if the power goes out, I hope the internet stays up so I can still read on a screen. It might be hard to read a real book in dark.

Hope you are having a nice evening in your house!!
Old 02-09-2019, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes it was scary! I went slow but not too slow, and kept the revs of the car nice and high, but not a fun drive!

Yes the weather was so bad! I was afraid to leave my car on the multi-storey car park, because of the gales. It was fine though.

My leg really hurts now. I think I was a bit tense!
Old 02-09-2019, 02:11 PM
MotW Geek

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Glad your car is ok after that!

It’s not that great here either. I heard that my city is one of the worst for power outages right now cause of the high wind all day today but I must be a decent part cause we haven’t lost power yet

I’m totally staying in my warm place for the day, I don’t need to go out for anything so it should be a good productive day at home, methinks!

Did you guys do anything fun for your weekend?
Old 02-10-2019, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, sweeties...
I'm struggling with my pain this weekend. I went out on Friday nontheless and saw a musical and went to a bar afterwards with some friends but it seems I have used up all the extra enegry I had.
Not sure I will be able to work tomorrow but I'll see One day at a time...

Still freakishly warm here, but then I heard on the news that the four warmest years ever recorded happened since 2015

Well, I have been curled up on my couch binge watching a show called Colony, finishing off Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and now One day at a time...
But I had friends over for coffee this afternoon. That was nice.

Did you have a good day staying home? I hope still with power

Claire, that sounds like nasty weather! I'm glad you got home safely! How was your Sunday?
Old 02-10-2019, 02:51 PM
MotW Geek

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Hi Kia aww, sorry you’re in pain this weekend, you’re a good trooper though still living your life! Maybe you should take that day off I’m hoping the PT for you will help when it starts... I’m glad you are getting g it too after all that!

It’s warm there? So opposite here, but at least it’s not snowing nice for you guys.... hope it’s not your “fool’s spring”!

I have to finish seeing the final season of Kimmy Schmidt too! I remember seeing the pilot being filmed when I was in NYC!

Yep, we retained our power luckily.... I’m about to have some instant rice noodle soup, already had two cups of coffee hopefully I’ll be wired soon enough!
Old 02-11-2019, 02:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Such bad weather right now!

It's sunny here today though. I need to decide whether I need to go food shopping today. I don't really want to go. I don't have time on Tuesdays though.

I was watching Kimmy Schmidt too, it was a weird alternative reality on the last episode, and I didn't finish watching it.

It's hard to deal with pain, Kia. Sunday was good we went to the cinema.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:13 AM
MotW Geek

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Well, the bit of snow that started yesterday ended up being as high as 30 cm in some areas and my district closed for a snow day, especially since they are saying another round of snow will begin this afternoon into tomorrow!

So I have the day off and don’t have to go out and drive in unplowed slippery roads. WHEW, I can stay warm in bed. I was up at 4 am worrying about having to think of driving In this mess.

How is the weather bad for you, Claire?
Old 02-12-2019, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I meant the weather all over the world in general, not specifically here. I could have written that better...

I'm glad you don't need to worry about driving, Leanne. That does sound like a lot of snow.

The library was busy today which was nice.

I've been reading my kindle a lot recently. I need to use reading glasses now.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:15 PM
MotW Geek

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Yeah, today was a second snow day and it’s still snowing! Hopefully if the schools are open tomorrow, the roads will be more clear!

I notice I haven’t been feeling as worried or anxious about all this snow and driving in it either.

Hope you had a good day, Claire!

That’s cool the library was busy! Glad to hear your local library is being used well! More funding then

Any good books you got on the Kindle? I have lots of books on it that I haven’t even read yet!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top