Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2019, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice.

Yes I've just haven't got around to to PMing you I need to have a quiet moment to do it. I haven't forgotten though!

It was snowing here earlier but it wasn't settling at the time. We might have more later. We were at the school for an hour earlier, looking at all the courses they offer.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I find it hard to watch historical dramas I guess cause it makes me glad I wasn’t living in those times! I wouldn’t be able to handle wearing girdles or corsets and many layers of dresses! I bet the shoes were very hard on the feet too.

I hope you don’t get a huge amount of snow!

I’m so glad this work week is almost over. I felt good though with all my days, including today cause I was constantly doing things and my co-worker didn’t get me frustrated so that was good!

I was so tired I had to take a nap in bed from 6 pm to almost 8 pm!

What are everyone’s weekend plans?
Old 02-01-2019, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like all the old manners and language of those sorts of shows. I find it very escapist!

We had a covering of snow last night, but it turned to rain and most of it was gone by this morning.

I'm glad your day went well. I've been so busy recently!

I'm off to my class in a minute!

My son is home sick with the flu, but luckily my husband is here today.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I hope he feels better soon, Claire!

I still can't seem to find out if and when my rehab will start. It's driving me bonkers. Have been on the phone all morning!

I distract myself with work And The Crown...

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-01-2019, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh no with your son, Claire! hope its not really bad! And I hope you don't catch it either!

Hope your class was good lately!! You do sound busier than usual!

That's annoying Kia! Wonder why they can't give you a straight answer on that by now?? How is the Crown?

I'm glad I'm done for work for the weekend in about 45 minutes, its pouring rain, I have to go get a prescription filled and pick up some sushi while I'm close by in that mall. I can't go there and not get some sushi.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally understand

I really enjoy The Crown. Makes me curious about parts of British history I didn't know a lot about... and also I am - of course - preparing for my personal queen to arrive on the show's next season

As for rehab - too many parties are involved. I'm close to giving up.

Off to bed now. Thinking of going to the sauna tomorrow but if I'm gonna do that I need to go early. Hate it when it's too crowded.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-01-2019, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yum, it was really good, had prawns in either end and crab on top with avacado and cream cheese in the middle!

Who is Gillian playing in The Crown, Margaret Thatcher?

Sauna might be a nice idea! I would think of doing that if I didn’t already sweat for nothing during the night.

I hope you get your therapies though but it would be nicer if they could define what exactly you have to deal with it a good way!

Kids should be gone this weekend so I’m hoping it will be a nice quiet weekend when I’m home here!
Old 02-03-2019, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She is yes, Leanne.

My son is still not very well. It's hard to get him to eat anything!

I'm sorry you're having problems getting the treatment you need, Kia.

My oven stopped working yesterday! The element went wrong and it wasn't getting hot at all.
I've ordered a new one today and it should be coming on Wednesday.

I love The Crown too. It's so well done!
Old 02-03-2019, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Claire is your son still the only one sick? Aww, I understand the total lack of appetite Nope he can nibble saltines or something even if not hungry.

Well, that’s annoying your oven element broke... sandwiches for dinner? That’s a while to wait til Wednesday. You have a microwave?

The weekend wasn’t quiet after all, but it’s quieter (except for an argument happening right now) cause everyone upstairs is sick with what I had a few weeks ago. Hopefully, I don’t get it again. I’ve stayed in my place, with the air purifier on at night and the morning and a humidifier in the afternoon and evening cause it’s so dry in the air right now.

I’ve been occupying myself by reading. I ordered some moisturizing products from LUSH last night too, should arrive on Tuesday, I used a face mask and it sort of burned my skin so it’s back to Lush cause they have easier on the skin lotions.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We have a microwave, yes. Also the top oven/grill is still working, so we can manage until then.

It was annoying as we trying to cook a load of pizzas yesterday.

I'm sorry it wasn't quiet. I hope they aren't very sick.

My son is a lot worse than anyone else. My husband feels a bit under the weather, but is generally okay. My son is still quite feverish and vomited last night. I think he'll be off school for a few more days!
Old 02-03-2019, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How’s your snow situation? It’s snowing today and there is some on the ground now and it’s light snow blowing in the wind. Hopefully it won’t get too high. I’ll have to take the snow off my windshield.

I hope your son can recover with the days off. The flu is a pill to get over. I find myself coughing a bit.

Since it’s snowing, I’m just watching my favourite funny show, 30 Rock, it still makes me laugh no matter how many times I see the jokes

So today is just relaxing, but I think I should wash my bedsheets!
Old 02-03-2019, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

30 Rock is awesome!
And I agree, Claire, the Crown is really, really well done.
Leanne, yes, Gillian will be Margaret Thatcher

I didn't go to the sauna. Had a bit of a headache and that usually gets worse with heat.
I managed to get so much done over the last 48 hours so I am quite pleased with myself

Sorry to hear your son is still ill, Claire, and machines give out in the most inconvenient times

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-03-2019, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m glad you like 30 Rock too, Kia just the littlest things make me laugh. Like when this girlfriend of Jack goes out with an ex and Liz Lemon catches her and confronts her and when they talk there is a part that made me laugh

Phoebe: you know how John Lennon was the best in the Beatles but didn’t realize it til he met Yoko? Well, I’m Jack’s Yoko!”
Liz: you want to be Yoko?

Too bad about missing the sauna! but yay on accomplishing a lot reminds me I should strip my bed already and I bought containers for my drawers and I need to put stuff in them!
Old 02-04-2019, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The irony is my son is the only one of us who had the flu vaccination. He was allowed to have it nasally because of his asthma.

No snow here, just pouring rain! I hope it isn't too bad where you are, Leanne.

I'm trying to get him eating again, because his energy levels are so low. It takes a while to recover, though.

Sorry to hear about your headache, Kia.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It takes forever to get your strength back. Broth is usually my go to to get started.
And it seems the vaccination was for a different strain...

Thanks... it's already getting a bit better

And nobody wants to be Yoko

We have snow here and rain and snow and rain...

avi by neel luvs tony