Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2019, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Claire!

Ooooh, I wonder what kind of hairstyle you have now??? hope you like it!

Thanks, Kia Yeah, I was all good mood and then yesterday I'm trying to have a conversation and get all this info about how I'm coming off to her. And couldn't stop thinking about it all night!

Anyway, I'm at another location and doing fine, of course! So weird that I'm fine everywhere else, but that one place with that person!

Gonna have coffee soon and process more new books!

I can't put my hair in a bun style... its too fine and thin, any bun I make would look like a complete joke! I have to tie an elastic around my hair like 4 times to make a pony tail!
Old 01-25-2019, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They were really good. It was a good experience, usually having my hair done is more stressful than anything. She improved my fringe, and gave me a bob cut but it's still long enough to put my hair up if I want to. I'm really glad I had it done, eventhough it was expensive...

Sorry Leanne. I don't think I'll be able to PM you today, I'm not feeling too well. I'll do it tomorrow if that's ok.

Sometimes personalities clash. I think she has her own psychological problems too.

What gets me Kia, is the Prime Minister says reversing Brexit with a second referendum would be a betrayal of the electorate, which makes no sense to me, as a second referendum can only offer more democracy, not less!

My hair looked a mess before! It sounds like your hair isn't too bad though.

I made some mistakes today in my class, but I'm glad I did, as I can learn from it and avoid those mistakes again.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very good point, it wouldn't make it less democratic

Glad to hear your hair cut worked out the way you hoped

Leanne, I know that feeling when you can't stop thinking about something. Soooo annoying. Glad you're at the other place today.

Just got back from the theatre. Saw a very weird version of Macbeth... very confusing

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-25-2019, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That’s ok, Claire, I don’t go back there til Thursday anyway. You did help a lot at the anxiety thread too I hope you start to feel better, sounds like you are sick with something.

Glad you got your hair cut in an easy to manage style that you are happy with! glad you can learn from your mistakes in your class too!

Thanks, Kia, are you doing anything for your weekend., I hope the theatre was fun although it sounds confusing you sound like you enjoy cultural things! Me too!

I’m trying to stay up til 11 pm cause Im watching an interesting crime story but it’s about two hours til I can go to bed, and the kids upstairs are still jumping around anyway. They never wind down at night before bed.

I had dinner at parents, it was nice and quiet there and my mom gave me this head scratcher thing and a back roller massager for no real reason
Old 01-26-2019, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was very confusing... and so much fake blood

Yeah, I enjoy cultural things but last night's play was not my cup of tea

As for plans... lots of sleep
May go to a concert tonight but I am not sure yet.

My place is in need of some cleaning. And want to cook a huge pot of potato soup that will last a few days

Do you have plans, Leanne?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-26-2019, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You wouldn't think Macbeth would be confusing. I enjoyed studying the play for GCSE.

Potato soup sounds nice.

Thank Leanne. I'm glad I helped. It's hard to concentrate when I've got a headache.

I did my homework, and I got it all correct. I'm happy though that I made mistakes, as I do learn from my mistakes.

Sounds like you had a nice dinner with your parents Leanne.

My son got a detention for forgetting his maths homework, and then he had an after school detention for forgetting to go to the detention! I had to change it to next Wednesday, as it was going to clash with his tuition. Still hopefully taking the consequences will help him remember in the future. I'm trying to be more hands off now, so it's bound to happen.
Old 01-26-2019, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow!
We give detention for not coming to class or breaking stuff... if all my students who forget homework had detention, I could never leave the building

And basically it was a psychogram of Macbeth and his wife and both were played by three actors each. They were on stage all the time getting messier and messier with the fake blood

I like that kind of mistake too, Claire The one that clears up stuff when you understand what went wrong.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-26-2019, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Some teachers are stricter on that than others. I agree it's not good. When I was at school there wasn't even a detention system. Still, I'm hoping it will help focus his mind to remembering to do these things. It's a life skill after all.

That does sound like a bad play. I wonder who likes to go and see something like that!

Yes exactly. Understanding the reasons for the mistakes means you're more likely to avoid it next time. I'm going to do that exercise again this weekend, for practise, and see if I can do it right this time.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's good you see the positive in that And you are right. He will probably learn from that.

And that sounds like a good plan Your enthusiasm reminds me I need to look into continuing my Arabic classes.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-26-2019, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yum! Love me some potato soup nice for you to have for a few meals, comforting! Did you go to the concert Kia?

Claire, you’re right about your son as he gets older needing to learn to remember his stuff as normal functioning for adult life. Although, over here, I haven’t heard of any detentions happening so no idea if they do that now. maybe they just don’t do dententions in elementary school.

I never had my own detention as a student but I remember one teacher kept me in after class to wash the surfaces of all the desks in the classroom cause he caught me writing on one... me and another girl who sat there at a different time were having a mini written down conversation on it (pre-texting or cel phone days )

I didn’t have any plans today or tomorrow, I’m just having a big brain break and time out from the world this weekend. my has been so sweet with me today
Old 01-27-2019, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No, I didn't.
I was really tired and my leg is always worse in the evening.
After that week I needed a night on the couch!

I was at church this morning though.
It was rough. It's Shoah remembrance day. But it's good to keep the memory alive - especially when there are still dangerous idiots out there claiming it didn't happen.

I never had to go to detention. But I think having a desk conversation is kinda sweet

kitty

We haven't had cat pics here in a while which is a shame considering our opening post has one...

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-27-2019, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The detention would have only been 10 minutes at break time if he'd remembered to go to it. Oh well! He is focusing a bit better this weekend on doing stuff though.

I'm sorry you didn't get to go, Kia.

I was looking through all my letters earlier, so many memories in those! My daughter came and looked at them too. Such an alien concept for her to realise that everyone sat down and wrote letters to each other, and sent them in the post!

I made some bread today from one of those pre-made packets. It came out very nice! I tried an old one I had in the cupboard yesterday but the yeast must have been no good so I had to throw it away.

A brain break sounds good Leanne.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah okay Ten minutes is not so bad.

And I used to write and receive so many letters. Threw most of them away though as I never re-read them.

Cool you made some bread Need to do that tomorrow.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-27-2019, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just remembering how slow letters were to send and wait for a response! E-mail was amazing in comparison! That sounds like a nice way to spend an afternoon! I used to have a pen pal who liked Disney so we would send our letters self-illustrated with Disney characters so it was like artwork to each other!

They have pre packets to make bread? I don’t think I’ve seen or noticed that over here. sounds delicious yeast only “lives” for so long.

What’s Shoah Remembrance Day? Glad you could make it to church, sorry you can’t go out in the evening cause of your leg pain, Kia

I put up cat pics in the off topic pet thread a bit ago but no one responded to it. My cute cat!

Well, so far, Sunday is pretty good but all I did was have cereal and coffee
Old 01-27-2019, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Shoah is the Hebrew word for the Holocaust.

And I always drew on my letters or put stickers on them

I see, you're gonna make me work for the cat pics, Leanne

Bed time

avi by neel luvs tony