Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2019, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I love porridge Used to have it every morning in winter. Not since I went off gluten though.
I need to find a gluten-free brand

Leanne, I'm the same way. I'd rather go to work than stay home

And I hope we all sleep better next night.
I was worried about something that kept me up till 2:30 am Stupid

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-22-2019, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's interesting that they can make porridge gluten free! I just tend not be a big breakfast meal eater either!

Yeah, I hope we all do sleep better!! Hope you won't keep being too worried, Kia staying up late worrying is misery!

I do like having a motivation to not be in my house and to move around working so that's why I like it, plus I do like seeing the kids here.

I feel like I am totally catching up on work too, so I'm feeling pretty good today!
Old 01-22-2019, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yes, there's gluten free versions of everything.

Not anymore, Leanne. I'm so used to doing it after all these years, it doesn't bother me to hold these groups.

Kia. I hate losing sleep when I'm worried. I hope you do better tonight.

I've got a sore throat!
Old 01-22-2019, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, sorry you have a sore throat. I hope we aren't contagious in this thread and spread the sickness around. Hope it just stays as is and goes away and doesn't develop!

I still can't believe that I always get duped about me thinking I have allergies, when its really a cold developing! But I keep thinking that!

Its rainy and cold today! Had some soup and chicken strips for lunch. Don't really want to grocery shop after work but I think I do need to.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys... had more conferences today but I am finally home
Last night was better for me. Hope for everyone else too

Just had some soup, changed and am now in my comfy clothes

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-23-2019, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kia!

Are you done conferences now? It does sound tiring than your regular work!

I did have a pretty good night but I should have gone to sleep earlier!

I'm happy at work today, putting laminate on new books. I just have this perpetual feeling of being on top of things strange!!

Yum, comforting soup, what kind? You sound cozy now!
Old 01-23-2019, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds like the anxiety meds are working, Leanne!

Glad you can relax now, Kia.

My throat still hurts. Gave the accounts to my accountant today, Also took the toys to the charity shop. Other than that, chilled out today.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah, Claire, I was thinking that actually. Cause not only being back at work, I feel on top of things, but I'm feeling impossibly in a good mood. Weird!!! Also was super chipper texting my mom and actually wrote "you're a great mom!" which I usually don't sound like that and I'm thinking its the effect its having on my brain chemistry at this point!

I might end up being so positively in a good mood, you guys might get sick of that!

So I'm just in my final two hours. And am glad it will be relatively quiet for the rest of my work day!

I'm sorry you feel still sore throated! You deserve to chill out!!!

E.T.A. OMG, I'm noticing I'm ending so many sentences in my posts with exclamation marks.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You totally deserve to be a good mood, and I'm sure we're all for that!

I use a lot exclamation marks too. I try to limit them but they always pop up in my posts!

I'm in a good mood too. Still feeling good despite the bad political situation here right now, where no one is happy with any kind of Brexit or no Brexit, and consensus is unlikely.

Thanks. I don't like having a sore throat, it's so painful to swallow!
Old 01-24-2019, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, my good mood sort of depleted cause I’m working with “guess who?” And I came and found out she taped the rest of the new books I was working on and covering with laminate and she didn’t just leave it for me to finish but took it upon herself so half the new books have laminate covering and some have tape over the spine but the rest is unprotected. my pet peeve is other people completing what I was working on and it’s subpar to me!

Anyway, I calmed down and am doing other things to feel organized. I just don’t feel like it’s worth the “argument” with her cause if I have an opinion she thinks I’m arguing with her

So my solution is to not care about quality here since I’m only here one day.

Sorry for my rant

So regardless of whether Brexit happens or not, no one is happy about either result? What a mess there!

I’m sorry you have this sore throat, Claire, I hope it doesn’t go further into a bad cold like I had.... but I didn’t have a sore throat as a symptom so that’s my hope for ya
Old 01-24-2019, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was tomato soup

Hope your evening is going well, Claire, and you are off work by now, Leanne!

I had another long day at work but today we had a nice board game afternoon with the kids and their parents

Really tired now. This week has been very exhausting!
I'm very glad tomorrow is Friday

Leanne, I'd be so annoyed too but deciding not to care too much as it is only one day a week is probably a good idea. Glad your meds seem to have a good effect!

Claire, Brexit So confusing!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-24-2019, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What I mean is there are such conflicting views on Brexit and what it should look like, it's hard to see how the current crisis can be resolved.

That does sounds annoying, Leanne. I know how you hate other people doing your work.

That sounds fun, Kia.

I had a parents evening today. We had to miss the art teacher though, as eventhough the appointments are all 5 minutes long she was talking to the family in front of us for a good 20 minutes and we gave up and went to our next appointment instead. I thought about waiting to see her after we'd finished all our appointments, but she was still talking at length to people, and we were already 15 minutes behind schedule. My daughter just wanted to go home at that point, and get some dinner!
Old 01-24-2019, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Spoiler:

Ugh, I just wrote about it in the anxiety thread.

So anyway, I’m trying to just forget it but it keep repeating in my head.

Claire, maybe the teacher is just so enthusiastic, but hers isn’t the only class in the school.

Board game sounds fun, Kia! I hope your weekend you can wind down from your whirlwind conference week!
Old 01-25-2019, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've responded to that on the anxiety thread. I'll pm you with ideas of what to do, later this evening, ok?

It's a shame, I would have liked to have seen my daughter's work.

I'm getting my hair cut today! It's exciting! I'm trying a new (to me) place near my class, so I have to leave an hour earlier than normal.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yes, I remember you talking about doing that. I hope they do a great job
I really need to get that done too. My hair looks like it needs a cut but it has the perfect length for a high messy bun right now so I am a bit torn

Leanne, sorry, to hear the problems with the co-worker stress you out. Still I think you did a great job confronting her about it and explaining your situation. Let her process the information. I think it was good to do that and I hope the situation will improve

I'm with you on the Brexit mess. IMO what would be best is pretty clear but people seem to be pulling in a million different directions. Deciding what the best next steps should be while including the general public, that's the confusing part for me.

avi by neel luvs tony