Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2019, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey!

Kim, the way the hospital dealt with your brother is outrageous!!!
And I hope you didn't break anything!

I have been a bit MIA... so much work and so many PT and doctor's appointments

Leanne, your nice colleague seems like a sweetheart. I don't think she would go for gossip!

Claire, is the new teaching strategy really diffenret from how they did things before?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-10-2019, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Kia! it does sound like a busy time for you, weren’t you set for starting some physical therapy this winter?

Clare, yeah, I’m going to discuss it with my co-worker tomorrow so she’s aware if she does the shopping, she may get doubles of things we have already, etc. I don’t really care if the teacher librarians want to go and buy the books, but I do like to do it and it’s not like I don’t see or am aware of books that kids would like to read, I used to have to do it cause for years I was the only one in charge of the libraries so just cause the teacher librarians came back doesn’t mean I don’t know how to do those things, in any case, if I don’t shop, I still get to stay inside and process the new books I already have done so it’s not like I won’t enjoy that!

Kim, yeah I was hoping that new medicine would have helped strengthen your bones a bit more. I hope you get checked out soon so it won’t be an emergency type of thing again. I hope it isn’t so you don’t disappear. At least if you do I’ll know why though.

I feel tonight cause it feels too lonely for me. no one to talk with.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, have been doing PT since December. And I should be in rehab right now but my insurance is being an ass. Still fighting with them.

Sorry you felt lonely last night

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-11-2019, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The new strategy at the school, is the teachers are providing the minimum amount of information they think the children need to know each semester, and are testing their knowledge on that frequently. In later years they will focus more on how to apply that knowledge. The meeting was giving us parents the reasons for doing that, and how to help our kids learn all the information they are being given.

Kia: It is different, as most of the homework is revision, and there is so much more testing now. The meeting last night said it should reduce anxiety in the long-term though. My son seems to be doing better under this new strategy, so I hope it works for him. He does find remembering things difficult, but going over it again and again does work eventually.

I hope you sort it out, Leanne.

I'm sorry you're lonely.

Back to my class today!

ETA: I walked into the dishwasher and bruised my ankle this afternoon. It's really sore now!

Last edited by Meliana; 01-11-2019 at 03:04 PM
Old 01-11-2019, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just got back from Karaoke... so much fun

How are you? Not much going on here. That always worries me...

Claire, that sounds interesting. I keep on forgetting about the testing that you have. It's good they're thinking about how to make it less stressful.

for classes and for the ankle situation! Hope you're feeling better!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-11-2019, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sounds different, Claire, but if it’s helping your son even better that is good!

Ouch, I’m sorry you hurt yourself! Home is so dangerous! I get it, I’m always accidentally hitting doors or shelves with my body somehow. If there is a way to get hurt jusr walking in my house I find it. Sound like you do the same!

Kia, that sounds fun, do you do solos or group songs in karaoke? Where do you go to do that? Sorry your insurance is being a pain. They always find ways to try not to insure people..

Over here, I had a good work day. Cause my co-worker decided not to go shopping herself and left it for me to do and I went and got a lot of great books that we both can’t wait to have in the library but have to wait for months cause the people who donated the money take the books back to put bookplates and sign them then give them back, co-worker was so happy to see what I got.

The I came home and am so tired, I napped for 3 hours. so I wasn’t here but it wasn’t a bad day for me. I hate nights though cause it’s so quiet I feel must be SAD maybe.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The meeting has meant I feel less stressed about it now, and more confident it will help.

Yes, Leanne I'm always doing things like that. I stubbed my toe the day before. My son offered to call an ambulance when I did it, and I said I didn't think they'd come out for a stubbed toe! My ankle is a bit better this morning. There is a lump there, and it's very sore, but I'm walking better this morning.

I'm glad you got the books, Leanne. That co-worker is really nice.

That sounds fun, Kia. I heard about the severe weather on the continent, I hope everything is ok where you are.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy weekend!

Claire, no problems with the weather where I am so far. Some rain and close to freezing point so this could get dangerous any moment but no snow like they have down south.
Many people are cut off and they are warning everyone to rid their roofs of snow every day because there is so much the buildings might collapse.

Leanne, I did a few solo things and one duet. It was big fun

I'm glad you got to go book shopping! Sorry to hear nights are bad for you

Claire, it's great they managed to explain and reassure you all about what is going on And I tend to run against avery corner I find. I must have broken my pinky toe several times so I feel your pain.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-12-2019, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello I guess there isn’t much one can do for a broken toe? Can’t be in a cast or anything! I don’t think I’ve ever broke a toe, certainly stubbed them though! that your son would call an ambulance for a stubbed toe, Claire!

I’m getting more hives lately from my cat, got a medium one on my arm this morning and even with aloe Vera it’s still there, but doesn’t itch. I’m sad my cat is sort of an allergen for me. Must be him cause my previous female cat never did that with me.

I totally got to clean up, my place looks so messy everywhere! And before I do that, I have to decide to have coffee or food first
Old 01-12-2019, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey
It's possible you would get hives from your other cats now too. Allergies develop and change over time.
And the best thing is to tape the toe to the one next to it. That stabilizes

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-13-2019, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad you're not affected by the bad weather. It does sound very extreme! Here it's not even all that cold at the moment.

Stubbing your toe really hurts doesn't it?

Have you checked for fleas, Leanne? Sometimes they bite too. It's unfortunate my son is allergic to cats. There's always been one in the house whilst he was growing up, so we assumed he wasn't.

He loves our cat anyway, though!

Not sure what I'm doing today. I've been catch ing up with a load of shows recently. We got Supernatural (13 seasons) and season 2 and 3 of Supergirl for Christmas. Now season 2 of Timeless has come out on Netflix, too. Also we've bought season 1 of The Orville. So many good shows to see.

I hope Kim is getting her hip seen to...
Old 01-13-2019, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, I hope so too!

And I just remember that I have a friend who is allergic to cat saliva. So only scratches or friendly biting leave allergic reactions but nothing else. Maybe it's similar for you, Leanne?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-13-2019, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We all went swimming today. It was nice to have some family time. The receptionist was very funny, she's known our kids since they were toddlers doing swimming lessons. She was joking with them.

It's great they can both swim well, now.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sounds like a fun day and it is so important kids swim well

I was on my couch most of today... binging Bones Well, I also did laundry, baked bread, played ukulele and read a bit.

I'd better go to bed soon. I have PT before work tomorrow.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-13-2019, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, I’m so stuffed up and sneezing with allergies today! If I talk, I probably sound like I have a cold right now! I turned on my air purifier hoping it will clear my air around here!

Yeah, Kia, I suspect I’m allergic to his saliva and he’s the sort that drools and shakes his head like a dog to get rid of it! But lately when I cuddle him and rub my lower chin on his head, my chin and neck get itchy and red marks!

Claire, I don’t think there are fleas on us cause I remember what their droppings look like and I see none and he’s not scratching. I’m kinda concerned about the dog upstairs bringing them in since she goes outside!
Wow, you have a lot of binge watching to do Claire... and all those shows are filmed in Vancouver so you will see the background of where I live everywhere

Fun, swimming Claire! You guys do a lot of fun things as a family!

I have dinner with my parents and brother tonight in less than an hour!

It’s funny you guys are both binging on “Bones” lately! That character is so funny and the show is quirky too.

I hope things are going ok for Kim, I miss her already