Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2019, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Work is pretty good. Not too busy though other than doing book exchanges, but its nice cause nobody has missed their time. Which means no catching up for the rest of the week for this place!

Can't wait til work is over for the day though. I just want to read my own stuff and watch the stupid tv shows that make me talk to the TV people and pet my cat!
Old 01-09-2019, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, I'm glad your new puzzle book got there. It's always fun to challenge yourself, and to be able to see the results. I hope things are went okay with Outlander.

Kia.

Leanne, I'm glad you got some sunshine there. I hope you enjoyed your TV last night.

I was only up 4 hours in the last 24, so not much to say. We're supposed to get snow this weekend. Not sure how much though, cause I don't watch our local news.

ETA my brother's biopsy tomorrow is because they believe the cancer has spread to his liver.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 01-09-2019 at 07:34 AM
Old 01-09-2019, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry to hear that, Kim. I'll be thinking of you

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-09-2019, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Kim, sorry to hear that! I hope they don't find much of anything. Hoping for clarity and solutions for him

You've been sleeping alot for long time, is that ok?

I'm just at work, doing my stuff. nothing much to write home about with that!!
Old 01-09-2019, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks you guys. I appreciate it.

Leanne, it happens that I sleep a lot sometimes. Usually when I'm depressed. Plus my new medicine will cause more sleepiness till my body gets used to it.

How is work going today? It sounds like your week has been fairly quiet, considering school was out so long.

Not much going on here. I've been cleaning, and organizing stuff.

Kim
Old 01-09-2019, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother, Kim.

I was out today having a nice meal and a cinema visit. The kids were wondering where we were though!

Sounds like work is nice and quiet, Leanne.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I understand about the new med sleepiness. This morning, I could have slept til noon it felt like. Just sleepy! And sweating in the night isn't fun either. What's weird is that I don't sweat at all in the day. But once I'm in bed, even awake before sleep, I start up with it
How come your kids didn't know where you were, Claire? Did they come home from school while you were gone? Hope the movie was good!!

Work is enjoyable!! I'm mostly covering new books with the laminate and signing out books. I just get tired of hearing the teacher saying the same thing to each class.

Its lunch now and its my last bowl of udon noodles I'm having!
Old 01-09-2019, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We left a note for them, but they didn't see it! We were back by 4.30pm though.

I feel like I ate too much.

That sounds good.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m glad you had a fun day, Claire!

I was starving so I had two pieces of chicken and mashed potatoes! I’m having a quiet night by my gas fireplace to be warm after my pretty good day at work!

Looking forward to Friday cause I get to go to the bookstore and buy $650 worth of children’s books for work. It’s fun to go and select nice books!

I’m ready for bed already 6:25 pm!
Old 01-10-2019, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, thanks .I'm so glad you had a good time yesterday.

Leanne, sounds like you had a nice time last night. Book shopping for kids sounds fun.

I went to bed early again last night. Gotta get to the store tomorrow, snow Saturday and Sunday, with no idea how much.

ETA Kev went to his appointment at the hospital for his biopsy, only to have them tell him they couldn't do it here. So, now they have to make an appointment for him at the hospital in Asheville (where I had to go for my sugery), who knows when. Why make the appt. when they knew they couldn't do it?

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 01-10-2019 at 08:29 AM
Old 01-10-2019, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That does sound bad, Kim. It sounds like he should complain at least about that.

It was a little chilly today. I washed the sheets and tidied up a bit.

I have a school meeting to go to this evening.

That sounds cosy, Leanne.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Y'all, I think my right hip is breaking-it feels like the same pain, and it hurts more if I put any weight on it. Just got home from the store, which made it so much worse.

Look at me, the drama queen. Anyway, just letting y'all know, if I disappear, I was right. Just, ugh, I've had enough.

Do you hang your sheets outside to dry, Claire? Or, dryer? I like how they smell from outside drying, but they get crunchy. I'm glad you got some things done.

What is the school meeting for? Just a general one? That's if you don't mind me asking.

Kim
Old 01-10-2019, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, that’s totally stupid, Kim! first to prolong your brother’s biopsy! Cancer is a time sensitive thing so it’s heinous they did that without pre warning to save some time!

And I’m sorry about your hip. Is it the other side with the bone or you think it’s not right with the replacement? Hope you can get that checked out soon. Always something!

Well, I might not be buying books tomorrow which half annoys me. Cause my co-worker here heard I was going and then she emailed my co-worker there and said there is a sale at another store and if she wanted to shop there they can go together. So I think it’s good if she goes to get good books for less money. But I’m annoyed that she would interfere or interject herself into my stuff I was doing for my other school to do book selection and buying new books which I enjoy doing. And my other co worker isn’t even that familiar with the collection there like I am and wanted me to do it, anyway so whatever

So far, I’m having a decent day here though, other than at how my co-worker is associated with the one who likes me, I’m paranoid enough to think she’s trying to talk about me with her and make her think what she thinks about me.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, no, it's my right hip. My hip replacement was my left one. I know. I hate my body. I always wonder why I got such a crappy one.

I know. I'm furious with the Dr's about what they're putting him through. As if he wasn't scared enough about having it.

Sounds like she had nothing better to do than interfere in your work, and what you know about your other school. Maybe she just wants to appear more useful, and important, than she is.

I understand your paranoia. I think you'd be able to tell with the co-worker who likes you so much, if the other one said bad things about you. I also think the co-worker who likes you would stand up for you.

Kim
Old 01-10-2019, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was hoping the medication you are on was going to stop you breaking anything else, Kim.

I hope you can get it seen to asap, though.

I don't hang sheets out, Kim. I use the tumbledrier. At this time of year I don't hang anything outside though, as it would take too long to dry.

The meeting was designed to help us parents support the new teaching policy at the school. The teacher was explaining the strategy, and telling us how to help the kids learn the information they are being tested on.

Leanne, I suggest you talk directly to the other co-worker, and explain that you would like to do the book selection and explain why you do. Don't allow this one to bully you or interfere in your work at other sites. Don't be afraid of being direct, and in this situation, being direct is what is needed.

I just got back from the meeting. I walked there as I needed to do more steps.