Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2019, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, and I know there are some new books and stuff I can catalogue when I get back too, so I’m such a nerd!

Yeahs I hate that you can’t get things you want. I keep thinking if I won the big lottery (some woman just won 39 million last week locally!) I could bring you hear and give you everything you’d need!

I gotta clean up my Christmas decorations hopefully tomorrow, it’s not much to put back, it’s jusr trying to fit everything back into the bins without breaking anything!

I keep thinking I’m gonna end up watching the movie first out of impatience! Even if you don’t think it’s good! I want to know if you’d like the “A Quiet Place” movie though.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, you're the sweetest. I'd do the same for you, with me moving there, along with it.

Oh I loved, loved, loved being a nerd and working in the library. That kind of stuff made me happy to do.

I hope you get your packing up done. It's hard with fragile stuff. I already have most of my Valentine's out. It'll be here so fast.

I may have to check out A Quiet Place. I understand about not having patience to wait. I think with Bird Box, everyone was saying how horrifying it was, so I expected a lot more.

Kim
Old 01-06-2019, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, some people aren’t used to horror movies so maybe they just are easily horrified whereas, we are more veteran in those films and for me, not many horror movies even scare me much.

The only ones that creeped me out happily
Rosemary’s Baby
The Omen
The Sixth Sense
- and one certain scene in The Excorsist made the hairs on the back of neck raise up... never happened before!

Yeah, I imagine that I’d get you a condo with an elevator or on ground floor with no stairs, a new car, new furniture you choose and a monthly amount, more than you get!

Yeah my garland has the fragile bulbs that can break so I have to be careful!

A Quiet Place is good to me just seeing how they can survive living without making noise cause sometimes it’s hard when you get scared or hurt, not to scream! Or even talk at normal level. And the daughter is deaf and the mom is pregnant!
Old 01-06-2019, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Morning! I slept really well, thanks.

I've got a lot to do today. I need to do a big food shop, all the clothes washing, and take down the Christmas decorations. So I should be busy today!

I don't watch a lot of British shows myself, Leanne!

I hope you're ok, Kim.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I SO agree on those 3 movies! I know I was afraid when I first saw the Exorcist, but scary that scene did that to you.

I would have a tough time packing that garland up. I had to find a place to put my 2 boxes of string lights (one white, and one colored) that I can find them if these burn out, like my others did last year.

Seems like that would be an advantage with the daughter being deaf-cause they all had to know sign language. Unless...there were probably no lights to see though.

I can't believe it's 3am/midnight. I'm absolutely wide awake. I need to try and get to bed for a while, but I know I'd sleep most of the day.

Are you going to bed soon?

ETA JINX! Claire! I'm glad you slept well. You'll definitely be busy today.

Kim
Old 01-06-2019, 01:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Kim! There's always so much to do when you get home from holiday.

The shops won't be open until 10am today, so I'll take down decorations until then.

It's so nice to sleep in my own bed, even if that was a nice hotel room!

It's terrible you have so little money. I don't know how you cope.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Claire, glad you slept well and now can organize and settle at home again! good luck with your to do list!

So you mostly watch American made shows?

Yeah, it’s after midnight now. I should probably try to sleep soon, the past two nights I didn’t get to sleep til around 2 am though!

Yeah they do use some sign language in the movie and it would be a good situation for not talking out loud, if that world situation was real, I’d be long dead and not surviving under all that threat

I’m jusr not a survivalist person in a dystopian situation
Old 01-06-2019, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's kind of good when shops open a little later, so you have time to get some other stuff done.

There is no comparison to your own bed. I'm happy you were able to sleep well.

Thanks. Sometimes I don't know how I do either, but I manage.

I suppose if I want to win a lottery, I'd have to buy tickets.

ETA JINX! Leanne. Are you tired?

I think I would survive things like that, but only to a point. I couldn't do it for a super long time.

Kim
Old 01-06-2019, 01:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

so much Jinxing going on!

I guess I’m starting to feel tired but once I get into bed, I feel like I can’t get to sleep

Yeah and the likelihood of getting a winning ticket is so low for spending on them!

I’m thinking of getting a new car this year and ended up seeing the car I’m thinking about stop beside me at a light today... it is a really nice color of blue, my favorite color so I’m tempted just for the color
Old 01-06-2019, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Color beats everything.

Only my first car had good color-it was a Mustang, candy apple red.

Ooh, though, like Emma, Claire, I had a yellow VW Bug.

Kim
Old 01-06-2019, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, a red Mustang? Cool!

My dad bought a mustang once when I was in Las Vegas, but he sold it before I got back so all I saw was photos of the evidence he has it, but I never got to ride in it!

I thought of getting a Volkswagen Golf when looking for my current car!

My current car is a mint shimmering green colour. I’d love a bright brilliant blue car!
Old 01-06-2019, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, I'm sorry you didn't get to ride in it. Both me, and my BFF Dave had mustangs.

I've never heard of a VW Golf. Then again, the only ones I know are the bug, and the VW Bus.

Your car sounds pretty.

Kim
Old 01-06-2019, 01:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Really Kim? That's amazing!

Most of the time I do Leanne. If it's drama or sci-fi it's usually a US show. Comedy and documentaries are better here though. You need to remember though, that we only get the best US shows, though. So it's easy to know that they are good, whereas British shows you don't know if it's any good until you watch it.

My first car was gold, and a true gold colour too. You don't see that colour anymore.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Your first car sounds awesome, Claire. You're right, that color doesn't exist on cars any more.

I'm going to try The Flash when it comes back. The crossover, with Supergirl, Arrow, and The Flash was awesome. I am sticking with Arrow, which I just saw when that aired. Already watched Supergirl.

Also the preview for a new show from that-of infinite universes, premiering this fall. I can't wait to see that.

Kim
Old 01-06-2019, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kim, when I was 4 yrs old, I was obsessed with the Volkswagen bug like the Herbie movies. I even drew the bug in pictures with my stick people saying that’s the car I’ll be driving when I grew up cause I thought it was a cute looking car

Wow, gold car, Claire? Yeah they certainly don’t paint cars that anymore! I think a rose gold car would look pretty!

Americans aren’t used to British comedy shows... but Mr. Bean was a big hit here cause if was like physical slap stick humour