Fan Forum Hero

X-Files Off Topic #65 ~ We're all already chilly

< new smilie

Kim

Last edited by reason to believe; 11-12-2018 at 06:45 PM
Old 11-12-2018, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by There You'll Be (View Post)
OMG I am so jealous of the weather you're going to have. Will you guys get to the beach? I miss the beach so much.

Miss work, Leanne. I used to take Pepcid AC, and almost all the over the counter stuff, and it really didn't do anything to help. I'd have to eat a bottle of tums with it.

Ooh, that sounds like an interesting book.

I can't help it, I'm still at the new smilie I added to the OP.

Kim
Old 11-12-2018, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 11-12-2018, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

that smilie is like when Scully got abducted into a UFO and Mulder screaming cause he just missed saving her, he thinks.... like you can stop the power of a UFO sucking up someone

TFTNT, Kim

Yeah, that’s pretty hot to me even for November! yeah, I’m planning to be at the beach and plan to swim in pools... not sure what else
Snorkel? I already have an idea of what to eat and where if possible.

Yeah, the only thing that helped was immediately eating TUMS, but it says a limit per day should be 6 and it would wear off for me every other hour so yeah eating like candy

So weird we happen to have that same stomach problem
Old 11-12-2018, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That smilie is very X-files.

TFTNT! Thanks Kim. It's been frustrating to have to wait for so long for that last tooth come out too.

I'm jealous too, Leanne. Lying on a hot beach sounds good right now.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, the only thing I seem to be getting done is my laundry stuff so far. No going out yet!

I found out I have enough stomach pills til Nov.29 so I have time to make a doc appointment without panicking about it
Old 11-13-2018, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's good, Leanne. I was awake for a couple of hours last night, so I'm still tired.

Still I went to the library, and a good thing I did, as the librarian who was supposed to be there with me had gone to the wrong library, so I ended up doing the session on my own. It was fine though, I'm quite used to doing it now.

I also did my homework which was confusing me a bit, until I found a better way of working out the tax on items than the method they were showing me.

I just did the supermarket shop I didn't do yesterday, due to feeling too tired, so that's good. It's dark by 4.30 pm now!
Old 11-13-2018, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Claire

I woke up an hour earlier than I wanted so I feel a bit tired too

Oh that's good that doing things on your own at the last minute of notice doesn't throw you off too much! Oops on the co-worker going to the wrong library!

I've sometimes worked up to 4 locations a week and I've never driven to the wrong location on the wrong day somehow! I only drove once when a school was closed though! I had a day off and didn't know it and drove long distance for nothing

If there is a better way to work out the taxes that makes sense I don't see why you shouldn't do that at all!

Yeah the sun sets around 3:30 pm here!
Old 11-13-2018, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never even saw the lady before I left as she was getting the bus!

No it didn't throw me, I've done it before. It would have when I started the job, but it's been so long I'm very comfortable there now. I was glad I was there, as the other librarian wouldn't have been able to do it and watch the main desk at the same time.

That happened to me once. I turned up and the library was closed, although it was an unusual closure due to a lack of keys or something like that.

The days are drawing in fast.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, wow you did a lot today, especially for being tired. I'm glad you got your homework figured out.

Leanne, glad you have enough of your medicine. Smart to get up early so you'll be more tired tonight.

It's not getting dark till about 4:30 here. Weird it gets dark earlier in the west now, when the sun sets there.

It's been dark and gray here, so I didn't bother getting out of bed. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow and Thurs. Luckily It's going to get up to about 40 during the day, so hopefully if any stuck, it would melt.

Claire JINX!

Kim
Old 11-13-2018, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ewww! Not snow already!!!

(or do you want snow?)

Today I had to scrape the frost off my car and though "I can't wait til next week to not be here!"

How ya doing, Kimmie??

I'm having lunch, its just cooling off and the rice noodles are thickening up a bit! Its rice noodle mushroom soup bowl. And some dried banana slices.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm pretty crappy at the moment. Too many days of rain in a row. I didn't get out of bed till recently, because I didn't want to face it.

I don't mind if it's light snow, or flurries, and then goes away, which it will. The problem is being on the streets to and from PT, if the roads are slippery.

How's work going?

Kim
Old 11-13-2018, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry you're feeling like crap

I see clouds approaching with expected rain to fall for the next few days. Right now here its sunny, but I see what's in the distance!

Do you drive yourself to PT or get transportation with someone else driving?

I entered my vacation absence for next week on my work thing on the computer and requested a few sub people.. hopefully they get taken with someone! Its not the end of the world though

I have two more library classes and then no more after 2 pm where I have an hour and a half to do more technical things!
Old 11-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Transportation takes me. I don't trust anyone else to drive me as it is. Ever. Riding on slick roads scares me no matter what. Here in the south, they're never prepared for snow or ice on the roads.

I'm glad you put in for subs at work.

Here I got a temporary mod for Adelaide-she's gone from Friday till the end of the month.

I can't believe Thanksgiving is on the 22 here. It just throws everything off. I have my lab work next week, and my Dr's appt the week after.

Still not awake. Hopefully my mind will come up with more to talk about. Oh! And

Kim
Old 11-13-2018, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For some reason, I thought your Thanksgiving was on November 25, a month away from Christmas! but its the 22nd so I'll be in your country for that holiday... wonder if anything will be open!

Wonder where your co-mod went? I just put my request for an MST here on the forum!

You can take your time to wake up! No rush!!