Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2018, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad nothing's broken, Kim. I hope your bones have a recovered a little strength. PT sounds a good idea. I'm sorry you had to walk so far, but well done for doing it anyway.

I'm glad you sorted out the computer problems, it sounds very frustrating!

He is bound to feel bad, when he compares himself to others in that he has to work so hard, but is seemingly not able to do as much. He's not very happy in his current maths class, and I hope if we can get him more interested in it, he can show them that he should be moved. My fear is the boredom will mean he doesn't concentrate, and show his full potential. But yes this new idea of doing stuff at home could help. We should practise times tables too, as it is hard for him to remember them.

I'm not very motivated right now. I have thrown out a load of old homework and school papers though, which is something.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, my computer still has some problems. I'll figure out the rest later.

P.S. rain seems mostly over, from Michael, but the wind has started, and huge branches are starting to come down. One about 20 feet just fell outside my window. So, if I am not here later, it's because we lost power. Holy crap it's windy.

Also, I just took my arm medicine, so I'll be asleep for a few hours.

Yeah, boredom may slow him down for a while. Crossing my fingers what you will be doing at home will help.

Glad you've gotten through some paperwork. It's amazing how much paper gets collected. Good for you! That's something. You don't have to be motivated every day, to do a lot.

Okay, I'm off for a little sleep, before this makes me too woozy to stand.

See you guys in a while.

Kim
Old 10-11-2018, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello!

Ugh, I spent a lot of time in bed, needed a melatonin, anxiety sick stomach so when I got up, I decided to take another sick day then took a ginger chew to hopefully settle my sicky stomach and try for more sleep. I need to get it together. I still have sinus congestion too. I'm not like totally faking.

No, there is only one desk, when I'm there I use the desk and computer and she's standing across from me to teach the kids who sit on the floor between us. There isn't much spade to work in that room, like having a table to process books, cause the only tables are short ones that the kids use all day.

Sorry your meds are knocking you out Kim! I hope you can get to PT for the social and physical aspects soon though. good luck riding out that storm, again too, hope your power doesn't go out with the winds.

Did your motivation improve at all, Claire?
Old 10-11-2018, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys!
How are you?
How's your week going?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 10-11-2018, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Kia how's things going? I'm very well, thanks.

No it didn't improve, Leanne. Having the course tomorrow should help I think..

Stay safe, Kim! I hope you don't lose power again.

Well he finished a load of homework today which takes some pressure off at least. He has a bunch of tests to revise for next week, though.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Claire, ups and downs here. No new ideas from the other docs I saw Monday but the new treatment today started off well.
Having some trouble with the side effects now but it's bearable.

Sounds like your son really has a lot on his plate. Glad he has you by his side.

How are your classes going?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 10-11-2018, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Kia! Good to see you again. Sorry to hear still no information!

I'm just not feeling good. I'm preferring to just stay on my bed, I ate but that just kinda made my stomach still feel yucky.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you feel better soon, Leanne.

The new medicine doesn't sound too good with regard to side effects, Kia. I'm glad it bearable though. I hope it helps.

I've got the second class tomorrow, Kia. I enjoyed the first one, though.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was in bed during the afternoon watching an old movie which was Jane Fonda’s film debut and her romantic partner was Anthony Perkins aka Norman Bates really odd pairing

Then I wanted broth soup so I had a can of chicken noodle soup and then couldn’t find my can opener so I had to change soups to a can that had a pull tab

Now I’m just laying low on the couch, planning to just watch tv and hope I can handle work tomorrow
Old 10-11-2018, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kia, so good to see you. I'm sorry about the side effects, but I'm glad you're able to deal with them. I wish they'd figure it all out.

Leanne, so sorry to hear you're sick. I had no idea some cans still use a can opener. It sucks you didn't get the soup you wanted.

Claire, I hope you enjoy your class later today.

So, I just got up. Bleh. A city was completely wiped out in Florida with this hurricane. The only huge limb down here was that one I told you about earlier, outside my window.

ETA night night. Going back to bed. Will be back tomorrow after my errands and phone calls to schedule cleaning, PT, and transportation. I can't use the car for PT.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 10-11-2018 at 07:03 PM
Old 10-11-2018, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dang it, I just missed you, Kim! Sounds like you need your rest for tomorrow’s outings. That’s rather lame you can’t use the car for your PT though!

Yeah, I heard a City was wiped out but I didn’t see any footage of what it looks like yet. Horrible!

I think my can opener may be in my SIL’s kitchen drawers, once they did borrow mine and I may have washed in the dishwasher up there but can’t remember. But I never use the can opener in any other place than my countertop and I always keep it in that drawer so it was really frustrating and disappointing it was missing!

I regret I had to already use two sick days so early in the year!

See you tomorrow’s
Old 10-12-2018, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, missed me by a lot.

I hate that you're sick. I've told you what I think about taking sick days before, so I won't repeat myself. It does suck, though, that you had to take them so early in the year. I hope you wake up feeling better.

Claire, I hope your class went well. Let us know.

I have to make another call. The filter they ordered, and gave me, for my fan, is fruity scented. Awful scent. Now I have to wait another few weeks.

So, now I'm up to 4 phone calls, having to plan the transportation after getting the info, and then make a call back.

So, up to 2 red smilies already today. I'm so cranky, cause the pain in my arm woke me up, and I was crying. It shouldn't be getting worse with medicine.

Anyway, off to catch up, and I'll see y'all later. Have a good day till I do.

Kim
Old 10-12-2018, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky (View Post)
Hi Kia! Good to see you again. Sorry to hear still no information!

I'm just not feeling good. I'm preferring to just stay on my bed, I ate but that just kinda made my stomach still feel yucky.
Hey Leanne
I fell asleep quickly last night and missed you... as well as the ending of the Sleepy Hollow ep I was watching

How long have you been sick? Sorry to hear that! I hope you'll feel better soon. At least the weekend is here now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)

The new medicine doesn't sound too good with regard to side effects, Kia. I'm glad it bearable though. I hope it helps.

I've got the second class tomorrow, Kia. I enjoyed the first one, though.
I can't be sure the side effects were from the meds but I will have that infusion once a week so I will find out next Thursday
I hope you have fun at your class today

Quote:
Originally Posted by There You'll Be (View Post)
Kia, so good to see you. I'm sorry about the side effects, but I'm glad you're able to deal with them. I wish they'd figure it all out.

So, I just got up. Bleh. A city was completely wiped out in Florida with this hurricane. The only huge limb down here was that one I told you about earlier, outside my window.

ETA night night. Going back to bed. Will be back tomorrow after my errands and phone calls to schedule cleaning, PT, and transportation. I can't use the car for PT.
I heard about the other hurricane Thought of you a lot! Is it the season for that kind of weather? Does that always happen?

It's summer again here. We're up to 26°C. That certainly is very unusual but the news say it'll be over after this weekend. Shame

Enjoyed reading on my balcony this morning and also yesterday. I finished a trilogy I bought in a second hand bookstore in London. The Hunt. Had never heard of it before but the cover said something like Hunger Games with vampires so I was intrigued
Can't really say the description was accurate but I still really enjoyed the read.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 10-12-2018, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Kia. I hope there isn't side effects next week. Does the treatment help?
It's really warm here too.

I'm glad you didn't have too much damage, Kim. Or loss of power. I can understand why you're frustrated. They never seem to want to make these things easy for you. I'm sorry you are in so much pain. I don't understand why the medicine is not working.

I hope you're better soon, Leanne. But don't worry about having time off work. Why did you not look upstairs for a can opener?

I just got back from my class. It went well. I found it hard to concentrate at times, I'm so unused to studying. I have homework this time. The teacher is so nice though.

I dislike the driving I'm having to do though.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello!

I managed to get to work today, its only 5 hours so short, then the weekend. I slept like a rock last night.

A vampire hunt series book, Kia? I seemed to get sick starting on Sunday/Monday and went to work on Tuesday feeling lightheaded and tired, took the next two days off and at work again today, feeling still tired/lightheaded!

Claire, must be weird to have homework again I can't imagine it! I thought about going up there to check her drawers when they weren't here but thats' kind of weird. Yes, the easy thing would be to call up to her.

Sorry, your arm hurts more with medicine now, Kim that makes no sense and is frustrating!! Its like you never get a break from anything. Something always has to happen! Also, I never heard of a scent filter for a fan. Too bad its yucky! Fruit flavoured things aren't my favorite scent.

E.T.A. - ugh, well, I went downhill, I feel so dizzy and lightheaded I feel like I need to leave work and go back to bed. Not sure how I can last til 1:30 trying to move my body doing anything cause its only 10 am.

Last edited by reason to believe; 10-12-2018 at 10:08 AM