Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2018, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

X-files Off Topic #63: Pulling out our fuzzy socks, to keep our feet toasty this fall!

Okay, there is no OP any more, so....

yes, I know it's a goofy title. You guys come up with one, so Leanne can change it, if we want.

Kim
Old 10-07-2018, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread, Kim! It's a great title!

Yes I'm a lot better. I'm glad you're feeling a bit happier, Kim!

We've got a long break for the kids coming up, so we thought we'd make use of it. It's only a few days away, though.

We've decided to have two nights in one place, and two in a hotel which is nearer the route home, so we get to see different places.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

hi ladies!

Claire, that sounds like a nice getaway plan! what do you do there? Hope you found the hole puncher!

Kim, hows today? I got onion dip, I got 2 bags and 2 small dips so of course I had some when I got up TG dinner went well. I actually enjoyed the kids company this time after dinner I watch Manifest and then some YouTube and then 48 Hours.

Hope you are enjoying the fleece pj’s!
I can’t beleive I forgot to put the OT pic in the last thread. I meant to and then it moved to fast to remember to go back
Old 10-07-2018, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, a few days away is great. It's nice you'll be staying in 2 different places, to see more. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Leanne, smart move on the chips and dip. I'm very glad to hear dinner was so great. Sounds like you had some good TV, too.

I won't wear my fleece pjs till it gets cold, but whoohoo, I found some Halloween ones I'd forgotten about. Seems I'm still missing 2 pairs of those, though.

Anyway, this is the first I've gotten up since I was here earlier. Only got out of bed cause I had to take my trash and recycling up to the street. I didn't want to count on being up in the morning. I also had to take my BP pill.

Just going to try going back to bed now, or getting myself together and come back and post.

Kim
Old 10-07-2018, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you come back, Kim

I’m at parents condo, we had a mini second TG dinner but it was roast beef with Yorkshire puddings. The Yorkshire puddings were baked with some bacon fat this time so they were extra delicious this time

Still here, but going home soon cause it’s a new Simpsons episode in 45 minutes.

Halloween pj’s! That’s cool, I have two pajamas I don’t actually wear but they are from a company called The Cat’s Pajamas and one has cupcakes all over and the other is chocolate candies. I saw the character Liz Lemon on “30 Rock” wearing the cupcake ones and tracked them down and got my own

E.T.A and after a nice evening I came home and found this in the corner of my room. Yep, I screamed and got the hose vacuum. what creeps me out is it can walk on walls, so I bet it could walk on the ceiling and fall into my bed at night.
Spider in spoilers so you can prepare yourself first unlike me who was not prepared to see it
Spoiler:

Last edited by reason to believe; 10-07-2018 at 08:04 PM
Old 10-07-2018, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi! Sleep isn't my friend, yet.

Your pudding sounds yummy. You know me and anything bacon-y. Glad you got to have a 2nd dinner. What kind of meat did you have for TG yesterday?

Yikes, you've been home a while, and Simpsons are already over. I don't know what I was doing. Had to take my trash and recycling to the curb. I'd forgotten how dark and creepy it is a night with no streetlights. And every noise echoes.

Ooh, cupcake pjs sound awesome. I have some Minnie Mouse, Olaf, and Eeyore, too.

That's one of my fears, too, about spiders crawling on my ceiling. Those huge ants did that-and somehow always managed to fall at my head when I was sitting here at my desk. shudder

OMG! That thing is HUGE!!!! super shudder. Oh wow! I'd have screamed, been out of my room, and have to convince myself to go back in to get it. That's an automatic kill.

Dang girl! You are brave. Yep, straight up the vacuum hose.

Kim
Old 10-07-2018, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I’m still creeped out cause I just went to turn on my lamp and it was alllll there! And the legs weren’t even totally spread out! What would make it worse is if I saw it walking across my floor yeah, in that case I’ll be screaming up the stairs for my SIL to borrow the hose vacuum cause I’m not picking that up in toilet paper to flush down the toilet! Ugh.

And I’m sure that won’t be the last one I see before the cold weather is over,

I just don’t like that it can be on the wall cause then it could be on the ceiling too,

Last night I had both turkey and ham that was baked with brown sugar!

Yeah that would be scary to do that in the dark
Old 10-07-2018, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

definitely no picking up with toilet paper.

Are they all that big that come in? The only one I've seen that big (here anyway) is my pet outside.

Do you have a magazine you can squish him with? If you do, make sure you hit him hard enough to squish him.

Yum. I like ham, but only like once a year. We used to have turkey for Thanksgiving, then ham for Christmas. Then we switched to take out for Christmas, that we'd have to get eve, (cause everything here is closed that day) and have leftovers the next day.

Really hoping we don't have Christmas this year. One, cause awkward. 2, I don't have the money. My brother has never given money towards Mom's presents, so I had to pay for everything for her.

The only time I've used my colored pencils I got last year, was when I was in the hospital. Then again, I haven't colored at all since.

Kim
Old 10-07-2018, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, I don’t want to swat it with a magazine or a shoe cause it’s body looks big enough to leave liquid guts or run the risk of not hitting hard enough and it starts running all over the place or leaving a thick leg on the floor

That’s how big Hank is outside? Not every spider is that large, those are the ones I hate but I get smaller ones too and right after I sucked up that big guy, I noticed a daddy long legs outside my door so I hit that with my shoe and right now there is a tiny little spider above my head near my lamp right now but I haven’t bothered to get rid of it. So that’s three spiders tonight

Yeah, Christmas might be weird over here too. My mom asked what we would do for Christmas this year cause things have changed. I said well if we go to my aunts on Christmas Eve, we should just do that as usual. Not sure what I’d do on actual Christmas Day though.

Aww, wow, that long? I have to say I haven’t used my large set of pencil crayons as often as I planned to when I bought them last Christmas!
Old 10-07-2018, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I don't blame you one bit for that. I freak out when I slightly miss, and they run away. Go ask your SIL for the hose, or you're never going to be able to sleep tonight.

Yep, Hank is that big. Actually he looks very much like that one, except he's brownish. Daddy long legs I used to play with as a kid, so they don't bother me.

Christmas eve was when we opened our gifts, cause my brother slept all day then, too. Then we could use our presents on Christmas day. (coloring books for me, DVD's...)

Your aunt sounds nice for dinner. I think y'all will get used to smaller groups of family being around, and I think y'all will get closer as a group. We can post Christmas day. I was mostly alone last year.

we're color procrastinators. I really need to-especially right now, as I'm super stressed.

Is it weird I'm anxious about the house cleaner coming to evaluate my place Tuesday? I used to be the cleaning other people's houses and businesses person. It's weird. Plus, I hope I can afford it.

Kim
Old 10-07-2018, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry you’re feeling so stressed

I wish I knew exactly what species of spider that big thing is.

I showed my SIL the picture and she said if I see one while she’s home, call for her and she can take care of it. I guess she’s braver than me.

We always have dinner on Christmas Eve and fish for little presents. Then still open major presents in the morning when we were kids.

I was gonna ask where I was last Christmas that you were alone but then I remembered I arrived in London that day last year.

Can’t believe I’m really going to Hawaii next month too!

Well, you know your stuff then to hire a cleaning person, why anxious about it? I hope you can afford a job time for her too, it could really help you!
Old 10-07-2018, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

brave SIL. Did she come kill it?

I always looked forward to Christmas morning. We each got to open one present on Christmas eve, that my parents picked. Plus, in the middle of the night they filled our stockings which were on our doors.

Are you going to be gone over our Thanksgiving?

Because I don't know if I should ask her to help with my crates that are in the end of the hall, and then push the crates with my summer clothes there, and stack them back up. I feel like I shouldn't have a dirty place to be cleaned. I know, ridiculous.

All she has to do in this room is vacuum my rug, and nothing in that other bedroom. The hall and living room carpets have a lot of cat hair though, and I feel bad about that, even though I can't vacuum myself.

Kim
Old 10-07-2018, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No, no one was home when I found it so I scrambled upstairs and brought down the vacuum hose and had to get close to it to suck it up *shudder*

I got allergies today, I’ve had a hard time being able to breathe, at one point I was so stuffed up I sounded like my nose was plugged when I spoke and I’ve been sneezing. Good luck to me sleeping with a clear nasal passageway overnight!

No I’ll be back like the day before your Thanksgiving. I’m gone the week before that.

Yeah, I keep hearing people who hire cleaning people and then still clean before the professional arrives wellyou are understandable cause you have actual disability physical challenges for moving around that much! Cats really accumulate hair! I got a vacuum with a HEPA filter to get all that stuff sucked out of the carpet.

I haven’t been able to run my air purifier for a bit cause the motor keeps squeaking lately and it’s too noisy to run at night cause of it

Last edited by reason to believe; 10-07-2018 at 10:54 PM
Old 10-07-2018, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

that you did that, and he's gone.

Have you asked your Dr. about something like Flonase? It's a nose spray. It's prescribed so you pay less. If not, it's available at any pharmacy. Or, some nasal spray like it.

I wonder how many times she'd have to empty the container that holds the hair and stuff. But, she's probably used to it. I don't have a lot of carpet showing right now.

I could probably get her to come once a month and keep up with stuff. Well, depends on how much. She doesn't go by the hour, I don't think. I used to get $20 and hour, a longgggg time ago.

Have you thought about buying a new one, or are you just gonna live without it?

I had to order another filter for mine. I ordered it a few weeks ahead, but who knows when they will get it in.

Kim
Old 10-07-2018, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn’t know that spray existed so I never thought to ask cause my air purifier usually prevents my sinus from plugging up! Also, I don’t think I could handle nose spray, it was hard enough for me to get used to using eye drops and getting them mostly in my eyes now

I can’t go without an air purifier anymore, knowing how it works getting rid of dust and allergens so I have to either try to fix it or it will be time to replace it. But it has be one with HEPA filters.

Hope the cleaning person can do what you need to do.

I’m getting so sleepy, I was ready to go to bed at probably 9 pm but then I was watching yotube and then the Haunter Gingerbread Showdown cause they were making Beetlejuice scenarios for the 30th film anniversary.