Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-22-2018, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks I'll have to get something a lot cheaper to really make a dent but I will only seriuosly start looking when I have it in writing.

And cockroaches also sound so disgusting. Don't think I have ever seen one.

And I think if a religion is more about rules than about a positive message of peace and love, then something has gone wrong.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 09-22-2018, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it caused me a lot of anxiety cause you get voluntold to do jobs there and I wasn’t the type to want attention or teach kids classes and stuff or even having to wear a dress. I don’t care for dresses or skirts. But the women don’t wear pants to church. Everything was just so judgemental appearance wise. So interesting now my parents have to face the judgements from the members cause of their sons stuff. Cause everyone is about the appearance of perfection.

Cockroaches don’t even seem like they can be killed! But they were always on their backs dying when I got up in the morning

Almost tine for a late coffee, I had to digest a bit of the broth and crackers first!
Old 09-23-2018, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really doubt the coffee thing is going affect your parents at this point, Leanne.

Am I the only one who is nice to spiders? I found one in the bath the other day, so I put a towel over the side so he could get out. Unfortunately he was too stupid to use it, so had to push him on to it and lift the spider out of the bath. I like them in the house, they catch the flies!

I agree Kia. Which is one big problem about religions. It's the arbitrary rules which become more important than the overall message. That and not questioning anything. I once went to a bible study. They were giving away free mince pies, and I was a hungry student... I thought they would discuss the passages with historical context and really think about them in depth, but all they did was read a passage and then sit saying things like, 'oh that's so true', 'how uplifting'. I didn't go again, it was so boring!

I hope you enjoyed your walk, Kim. And managed to create enough space for recorded shows.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The way that things are being taught largely depends on the denomination.
I didn't really grow up religious, but there was contact with churches throughout my childhood (I was friends withe the Protestant preacher's daughter and went to their kids club but all we really did was play).
I got really interested at school and then decided to study theology.
At the moment, unfortunately, people are running away from the old churches here (which are the more liberal ones) and turning towards "extremist" (using this because they are taking their rules to an extreme) ones, the ones that tell you how to do things, who to love and especially what to be against (like divorce, same-sex-marriage, pro choice... which fortunately is non-negotiable law-wise). It gives me a headache.
Psychologists say that it makes people feel safe to have a bunch of rules and having someone tell you what to do. So that becomes especially attractive in times of uncertainty and change.

Oh, I need to get ready if I want to make it to the service
Hope everyone is having a good morning...

ETA back and now I can finally finish my post
No matter the context, forcing people into things they don't wanna do or just polishing the outside until everything is shiny just never seems like a good way to go about anything... but I guess everyone needs to decide for themselves. It just is so difficult when kids are involved because they can't really say no...

And I... well... no, I am really bad with spiders. Don't think I ever let them live. I feel bad typing this... actually that's not quite true. I had a roomie spider when I lived in England. It always just sat in a corner and looked kinda friendly. I even gave it a name. Was a bit worried when it was gone one day... you all know the statistics about how many spiders we swallow in a lifetime

avi by neel luvs tony

Last edited by kiamay; 09-23-2018 at 02:39 AM
Old 09-23-2018, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

All that makes a lot of sense to me, Kia. I get why people feel the need to believe in something, although I don't myself, but the extremist ones imposing all those rules is not good. But you're right: people will follow those things for that feeling of belonging. That's also why people will believe daft things like the world being flat, or that man has not set foot on the moon, etc. They get a good feeling out of thinking they know something that others don't, and no evidence to the contrary will convince them.

Our electric tripped out over and over today, whilst it was raining hard. On the plus side we now have a theory what is causing it, the gutter on one part of the extension roof needs fixing, and water coming in there must be affecting the electrics. Fixing that will be easier than knocking holes in walls to find faulty wiring.

Most of the day is over and I haven't gotten dressed!
Old 09-23-2018, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, to put it bluntly, my religion I was forced to participate in from birth is more cult-like than a religion or church. It's like Scientology but less crazy than that similar in many ways though. The only credit I give to my possible autistic mind is naturally I couldn't assimilate and conform and I would wonder too many things that didn't make logical sense but never allowed to ask. I couldn't give up being me with my interests and things I really like and what I'm not interested in. Plus the people there were supposed to be your social circle but they rejected me cause I was atypical to the group.

Anyway, I'm less stressed now not having to deal with that stuff.

Wow, Claire, sounds like a nice cozy day for you despite the tripping circuits nice to just be inside in cozy pjs on a rainy day off of the week!

I wouldn't bother spiders but they have to stay outdoors. Sometimes I let small spiders just hang in their corners, but huge gangly spiders, the ones too big and solid to want to pick up with toilet paper, must be vacuumed and not in the same room as me.

I'm in bed, quiet house, but I will get up, I have a hoagie sandwich and these delicious coffee pods I need to have for lunch.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes it doesn't work if you don't feel like you belong, Leanne. I've come across plenty of religious people who don't welcome you into their social circle if you don't believe or attend church.

Sounds like a relaxing morning. Any plans for the day?
Old 09-23-2018, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I need to go to the vet and check out their boarding rooms to book my cat into when I go to Hawaii in November. I hate to think of the cost for a week there.

Then around 5 pm, is dinner at parents cause my sister is off to study in England this year so it's sort of a goodbye dinner for her. Those are my plans outside the house today
Old 09-23-2018, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Have you checked other places as well for cat boarding? My cat stayed in a cattery in someone's garden, and it was £10 a day. It was worth it though, she was well looked after.

How long is your sister away for? That sounds exciting for her. Hope you have a nice meal.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven’t really looked too far, not many in my city unless it’s a vet. I don’t want my cat left in the care of my SIL cause I don’t feel comfortable if the kids may open the door with the big dog here.

My sister will be there probably til summer next year! Not sure how many years her program is or if it’s just one year! I can ask her tonight!

What are you up to tonight..

I’m having my coffee and washing my fall linens for my bed. Dreading putting the duvet cover on the duvet though
Old 09-23-2018, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, I am always nice to spiders, unless one is crawling on me. I didn't tell my mother about that one because I'm very protective of nature, and I don't want her spraying down his web. I try to catch spiders in my room, and let them out.

electrical, especially near water, terrifies me.

Kia, the extremists/evangelicals are what I've come to call them. Here, they truly believe (or claim to) that Trump was sent by god to save the country. They don't care that he's a serial adulterer, etc. They make excuses for him. What kind of religion is that-it's okay for me but not for anyone else, because I say so??? That's called hypocrisy. Church and State (political operations) are supposed to be kept separate, but not any more.

How was the service?

Leanne, most religions are cult like. That's what I mean by religious extremists. "Follow OUR orders, or go to hell." Yep, they also don't associate with anyone who could disrupt that, or possibly get others to turn away from the religion-like you, having your own thoughts and opinions. Of course, wives are supposed to be subservient to their husbands, and look where that has gotten them. You, thinking for yourself, is a threat to them.

How were your coffee pods? I'm sure you'll find a good place for your kitty.

I'm trying to figure out how to balance my life. I am getting too wrapped up in each thing. I guess it's going to be a big learning curve.

Just got in from my walk up and down the driveway. Checked on my spider-he's still there. I'm getting kind of attached to him.

Kim
Old 09-23-2018, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kim, you can name him Hank or something! So he doesn’t scare you anymore?

Well, I’m just glad I didn’t fall into the trap of marrying young to the wrong person for me cause my church encouraged young marriage and the female needs to stay home and look after lots of kids to raise up in the religion. It traps so many women and they end up depressed with their lives cause it happened before they even had time to mature as their own people from teenagers.

Yeah, I’m scared of electrical stuff being anywhere close to moisture!

How do you mean balance your life, Kim? What needs balancing?

Yeah these coffee pods are in compostible mesh, not plastic wasteful cups and the coffee has no bitterness which is yummy!
Old 09-23-2018, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hiya. I've gotten to the point where he fascinates me. Hank is an awesome name. It made me laugh. That is officially his name now.

I need to balance a lot of things online mostly-like, posting, modding, tweeting, messaging, emails. I let it get to where it took up my whole days. Making avies. I spent so many hours doing those. and I hardly use them.

Otherwise, mostly cleaning-which I have to break into projects, since I can't do that much at once. Really, a calendar, to schedule certain cleaning things each day. Plus eating, and doing my walking and PT. Nature time. Not all of it every single day, just to remember to try it.

Speaking of avies, I love yours.

Do you know what you're having for dinner? Your sister is going to be gone for a year, right? Have you seen her since the wedding?

Kim
Old 09-23-2018, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi as soon as you said naming the spider, I just pictured a spider and Hank was the automatic name that went in my mind

Yeah, makes sense to make a calendar of what days to do certain chores on and balance out posting and computer work! I can see how making avies can be compulsive, I used to do it with editing photographs getting into a pattern of steps and just not stopping or taking a break with the work!

I like this avie too cause it’s nice autumn things like a warm drink while reading while seeing the colours change through the windows of the coffeehouse or fireplace.

Not sure what dinner is, but the dessert is the pie we usually have for Christmas, a chocolate raspberry cream cheese pie I’ve seen her since the wedding too. But I won’t see her in England though no good time to while I’m working during the school year!
Old 09-23-2018, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Your avie is complete fall. Like you said, that cozy, indoors, light from a fireplace kind of thing. It's just so warm.

I did make a few Christmas avies, but only of Addie.

Oh my gosh! Sneak me a piece of pie out of there, and I'll stop by to get it later. I just didn't know if you guys had spent time together. You probably mentioned it, and with my memory, I had no idea. Hey, I'd take Hawaii over England (that's where she's going?) too.

Sleep tight Kia and Claire. I think you guys must have gone to bed. Sorry I missed you guys.

Season premieres starting tomorrow night! I have none tomorrow night.

Kim