Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-15-2018, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You’re daring going on the bike in the heat of the day. I turned on the A/C cause it’s ridiculous without it.

And once again I’m frustrated about their habit of leaving the door or windows open without a screen cause I have a scary wasp or hornet in my place now and I don’t want to get stung I’m so not comfortable with it in here and I don’t have a fly swatter. When parents lived here, I never had flies or wasps in the house

Yeah, I don’t even tackle my digital photos I have thousands of outtakes and I store my edited saved ones on an online site in case my computer hard drive crashes.
Old 07-15-2018, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hornet They freak me out!
I also wouldn't swat it... maybe open everything so that it can escape?

And I wish I was done... very reluctant to tackle no2 of 4 dead laptops... hmph

BTW I don't think we are talking about the same kind of heat... we had around 30°C/ 85-90°F

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 07-15-2018, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Actually, it’s not just one wasp/hornet, I found out it’s two of them in here, I am trapped in my suite with two freaking hornets cause I can’t control other people keeping doors and windows open! So needlesss to say, my body is full of anxiety about accidently sitting against one right now and getting stung later or my poor cat.

I can only imagine them getting in my bedroom or on my bed when I’m in it!
Old 07-15-2018, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Get some help. Ask you SIL to help you get them out?

I would be anxious too

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 07-15-2018, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When she comes to me about the pool stuff, I’ll so her about if she’s noticed any wasps upstairs, I’m kind of nervous if there is a nest either outside or inside the house cause I find it weird to have two in my place at the same time.

I can’t exactly move to another part of the house anymore either to get away from them. I managed to get one to fly out but the second one has been stubborn about going onto the screen door and stayed on the glass portion and now it’s like sleeping or sitting at the bottom of the window thing. The corner where my cat likes to sleep in the sun.l. I got him to sleep on a plastic bag away for now but I really don’t want us to get stung.

maybe I can move in with you
Old 07-15-2018, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hop on a plane
And yes, that is a good question. She will also be interested because of the kids.

But tlking about apartments: I may actually have to move depending on how this health issue continues... that makes me really anxious... especially with the apartment situation in bigger cities being as difficult as it is at the moment...

Well, step by step...

BTW I managed to clear that second laptop
Gotta go to bed now See you tomorrow!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 07-15-2018, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeahs this stupid wasp can’t just go on the screen so I can close my side window, open the screen so it can fly off! I guess I better go buy a fly swatter!

Hmmm, yeah is your apartment a lot of flights of stairs and no elevator? . Maybe a ground floor is what you mean you might need? Well, don’t think about that today, think about it tomorrow.

Good on ya to finish that laptop! You are a go-getter woman!
Have a good sleep, Kia!
Old 07-15-2018, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, so you asked her if it was okay to turn the AC on when you feel like it, and she said yes? I'm glad you talked to her. I know you were uncomfortable having a discussion with her.

I'm sure if there was a hornets nest in the house, you'd know-because those are really big. Plus, they would be everywhere.

Kia, I'm happy you went out bike riding! I hope your leg will be just fine tomorrow. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I really, really hope that the possibilities don't get to where you have to move. You're safe, and happy there-it's your home, your space. Especially since you say your housing in the area is bad.

So, I was up about every hour, for a few minutes at least every time. I finally gave up and got up. Head hurts really bad from the way I slept, so, maybe I'll hurt enough to go to bed at a reasonable hour.

Kim
Old 07-15-2018, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kim, no I was just a punk and turned it on so it would be on when they got home. I couldn’t give a today being hot especially with two wasps in my place thanks to their bad habits, but I will talk to her about it tomorrow along with this wasp thing and see if she’s noticed any upstairs. I’m just not happy or patient today and she hasn’t turned it off either.

What is with, when I reply to a thread, I can’t see the posts below to respond to details, I’m relying on memory cause I can’t scroll down and the the posts, is it just me??

Kim, yeah awww now you’re in that uncomfortable part of trying to get your sleep back to the right time, that hazy, headachy time
Old 07-15-2018, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can see posts below...

I would have used a book or rolled up newspaper and killed the wasps. At the BBQ I went to, they had something you hang up to keep the wasps away. This is the first year they've not had a wasps nest in their loft. It seems a good idea.

This is the first year in ages we've not had ants coming in the house. Those ant traps must have killed the nests at last.

Well done on the bike riding and digital sorting, Kia.

I hope you get your sleep sorted out, Kim.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I woke up thinking "I didn't respond to Claire!". See, I think about you guys a lot.

Claire, I'm glad you enjoyed the movie, had some fun, and went to the pub for a good meal. Did you have something special? Did you end up going for a walk?

How did you sleep?

Leanne, I get that. You guys probably could have reached an agreement, and now she may be angry because you did that without permission, when you'd previously agreed you'd each pay separate bills. Or, was that an agreement you had with your parents, and you and her have never dealt with things as the grown up roommates you now are?

We all act out of anger sometimes. You've been holding in anger at her since your parents chose to move her in there, so, that's a while.

So, my head hurt so bad I went back to sleep. Still hurts some. I am hoping I can stay up, and just take a nap for a few hours earlier enough so I can get to sleep tomorrow night.

Leanne, when I click on Advanced, the page works fine for me to see what was posted before me.

CLAIRE! JINX! Ha, I'd just come back to respond to you when I woke myself up realizing I hadn't.

Kim
Old 07-15-2018, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're so sweet!

I didn't notice.

I did go for a walk, but it was a mistake to go without some water. The heat was irradiating off the pavement and everything else, and it was so hot! I walked in the fields a bit to avoid the roadway.

I had lasagne, but I didn't eat it all, it was very filling!

I think she may not think about putting it on, Leanne. Better to talk first though: I agree with Kim.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi! I'm actually still awake cause I was reading some X-Files fan fiction and it was sort of "adult" so I wasn't getting sleepy!

Yeah, we didn't decide what we'd take care of together, under her rent and costs for her portion of the house is the agreement she made with my dad and my agreement to pay for cable and internet was mine cause she and my bro both didn't care about having cable.

She is actually tackling setting up the pool on her own. Kinda scared if she can do it and figure it out right but I'm not a good help either for that.

I hate having anger about this but I'm still getting used to not having a lot of control over things like temperature and keeping bugs out of my place among other things. I feel like I sound so horrible as a person when I get frustrated and vent here

Yum, lasagne?

I missed you Kim, feels like I don't see you often anymore
Old 07-16-2018, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, oh NO! You are not a bad person! I mostly was trying to say if you deal with things, there won't be that kind of anger. I completely understand your frustration, I think talking to her rather than holding things in would be less anxiety for you in the end. You won't be attacking her, you will be negotiating. No, you are not a bad person. I didn't mean to come off suggesting that.

Setting up a pool, I'd suck at that. My mom set up ours in Va. Beach, but she had my brother to help her, I think.

You'll see me again, all the time again I'm sure. I miss you, too. I slept 22 hours yesterday, so yesterday was pointless for me. Hopefully my Dr. can figure out what's going on, and I'll be able to get a grip on it.

Oh Claire, it sounds really hard on you to not have water with you on your walk. I forgot just how much heat pavement holds, and I remember it coming right through your shoes. Just remember to carry it next time. I'm glad you had your walk though.

I love lasagne. Now I want some. I didn't eat yesterday, so I'll probably have a burrito for breakfast later.

Kim
Old 07-16-2018, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Kim! I hope I can get used to all this discussion stuff, I usually never had to do this before. I'm trying to cope. it might be easier for me to deal when I have work and not be home all the time that they are.

Yeah my pool isn't a kiddie pool, it's a rather large pool, I think would take two or more people to work on it. But if I work on it with her, she'd end up hating me cause as I recall, my dad and brother did most of the set up last year cause I'm so not good at working in the sun and figuring out how to screw and lock things in place, etc. I'm curious if she will give up on it. They also have a trampoline now I never realized they had!

I know How that would feel, Claire when I was out in summer in Las Vegas, they hardly have shady trees anywhere and everywhere was just concrete roads and walls and I literally felt the heat reflect off it all and I felt like I was in a real oven, totally need water!

Ok, I better go to sleep cause I can't sleep in, its SIL's laundry day and she skipped Saturday!

See you ladies tomorrow