Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-14-2018, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Right now, the cat is back on my blanketed lap, purring no hissing at me tonight!

Yeah, Manson murders were scary cause the victims were just having an ordinary night when these strangers just break in to randomly kill them! How quickly their lives just ended!

Yeah, Bambi is sad. Pinocchio is what I think is the best classic Disney animated movie.

Thanks, I need a bit of winter when it’s really hot!

So weird to think my pool might be available after I got all accepted about selling it!
Old 07-14-2018, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

for no hissing.

I just hated how brainwashed the women who killed for him were. It scares me that there are people like that out there.

I need to see Pinocchio again. Also, Lady and the Tramp. I don't really remember either of them. I own Alice in Wonderland, and the Little Mermaid. Oh, and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Do you have Pinocchio on DVD? Any Disney movies?

That is awesome about your pool. I'm really happy for you. Plus, hey, money for you, and still getting to use it, without having to set it up. It's a win-win-win situation.

Okay, so my dumbass turned on Buffy, and started cropping icons. Guess I'll try to sleep in a while. I'm way too obsessive when doing things.

Kim
Old 07-14-2018, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Now I’m back home with my own loving cat. He is all over me, so cute! Wow, compared to the A/C there, it’s so stuffy and warm here." Ew, gross, he just started trying to eat my caterpillar and his saliva will make it sticky, plus I don’t want his spit germs on what goes close to my own nose and mouth!

Time to order new ones!

Oh, I used to pretend to be Lady and Bambi when I was a preschooler! And I once paid a guy $100 for a VHS of the Little Mermaid back when it was hard to get a copy when they put the VHS tapes in that Vault!

I have quite a few of their animated films on Blu Ray too. Remember one of my special interests was Disney animation!

Yeah, I’m not sure SIL knows what she’s getting into trying to set up my pool, I recall I was pathetic at setting up my own pool and I’m not sure she can do that alone. I’ll be pathetic at helping if I try she may have to call someone to help her, it’s not a one person job!

Haha. You said you wouldn’t stay awake doing something and then you did!
Old 07-14-2018, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

naughty kitty trying to eat your caterpillar.

That's why I want to buy Frozen, in case they go for that Vault thing with it. I must have gotten The Little Mermaid long before that. Heh, I love all the songs. It's fun you pretended to be those characters.

That's neat you have them. I forgot I have a Blu Ray player, at least I think so. Now I'm not sure.

I know, I can't stop myself from staying up. At least I got a couple of hours of sleep before getting back up. Well, I can sleep in tomorrow-just hopefully not all day again. I must be somewhat depressed, cause I look at the clock when I wake, and think "What's the point of getting up?"

I'm going to have to set some fun things up for once I'm up, so I am excited about getting out of bed.

Kim
Old 07-14-2018, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah he’s never tried to do that before so of course he does that when it’s falling apart with the choke-able hairs coming off it lately!

Well, your DVD player should say Blu-Ray somewhere on the machine if it is!

DVD’s are usually pretty cheap now since others are into streaming more often., maybe it’s wouldnt be that much!

Yeah, it sounds like you’re a bit depsressd if you wonder what to get up for good idea, have to think of stuff you’d be excited to leave your bed for! Sometimes my motivation is to go out and get a special coffee somewhere. Although you don’t drink it, I wonder what would work for You! Making icons?

I created a new Survivor game in this forum we haven’t had one for more than a year but I think a lot of the posters who used to play them aren’t really here now,
Old 07-14-2018, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

tell him I said "no no kitty! no eating caterpillar hairs!"

Thanks. I'll have to check. You'd think I'd know, but I don't remember ever buying Blu-Ray.

Yep, making icons, and trying to figure out my PSP so I can make special effects icons. That, or color. Getting online helps, but, it's usually a regular part of my day-so I always think it can wait. I wish I knew the key to my mind. Do you ever get depressed? Other than sad, but where it's hard to function?

Speaking of, I am SO proud of you for taking care of your license, and trying to get your blood drawn.

Ah, I'm playing an outfit Survivor Game on the Adelaide board. It's the first time I've ever taken part in one. I'm sorry those people aren't around to play any more, for this board.

Gah, just remembered I have a letter to write. It's right here, in my "to do" holder. I suck at seeing the obvious right in front of me.

Kim
Old 07-14-2018, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Setting up fun things to do when you get up is a good idea, Kim. If you can get up when you wake, perhaps it could help your mood too?

The idea of a monitor sounds a good one. Another kind of alarm is something like my Fitbit which vibrates to wake you up if you set it to. I'm not sure if there are alarms only which do that though...

I'm surprised you SIL didn't realise setting up the pool was a good idea sooner, Leanne. I'm sure those kids would love it. I really don't understand why you find it so hard to have a conversation with her or ask questions about household stuff. You both live there: you need to be able to talk about it.

We're in separate accommodation on holiday, Kim. Good thing too. i'm waiting to see how this holiday goes though, as I'm not sure I'll agree to go away with them again, if they take advantage of us and my kids a lot.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, crap, I went to take my BC pill for the night but I accidently took a second blood pressure pill when I took one around noon and it’s only been 12 Hours instead of 24. great, that’s the one with the diuretic effect and it’s midnight now... I might be up several times this night now to use the washroom

Thanks, Kim, yeah, key word was trying to get my blood taken that’s will have to wait a bit. Glad I won’t be without a drivers license though. That would not be a cool birthday gift, happy birthday you can’t drive

I’ve been depressed but a lot on the sad/pain with every breath depression, but a lot of times during the worst times, I had no choice but to get out of bed with college and then work. So I’ve not had the freedom to just stay home and do nothing regardless of how I’ve ever felt. However, I might be cause other than work, I don’t find myself motivated to do much once I’m off work and there includes summer time, I was just thinking today how a long break like this isn’t mentally the best for me.

Claire, that’s part of how I am, it’s quite bad. I’m avoidant for conversations when I have strong opinions but don’t want to offend at the same time. If you wonder at it now, just remember I literally had selective mutism as a teenager. And I never got professional help, I’ve just tried to change that stuff on my own as an adult.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire! I'll check out Fitbits and see if it would work as an alarm, just to wake me up in the morning.

I'm SO relieved to hear you'll be in separate rooms. That will make alone time a little easier for you. Hopefully they will not be trying to take advantage of you again.

What are you doing today? Going to do something fun? Did you guys decide to go to a movie? Which movie, if you did.

Leanne, you need a pill box, too. I set mine up this week, and it was SO much easier. Mine is big, it has 4 different times of day, but that works perfectly for me.

I'm sorry to hear that you have to deal with depression too. It sounds like we both need to take each others ideas, to help us feel better.

Ooh, I saw part of IT on HBO. It didn't really interest me, but I'll try again when it's on. The first clown, he was way better to me. Way scarier. This one just seems to mostly have added grossness to it, not scare.

Okay, I'm making a zillion icons, just in case one might suit my mood one day.

Kim
Old 07-15-2018, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That does sound hard to deal with, Leanne. I do think that mentioning something early is better, and seems less offensive. Plus it's just a friendly question: 'I notice you've not been putting the a/c on, any reason for that?'. It may be a misunderstanding on her part for all you know, but you won't know unless you ask.

A long break can feel bad, Leanne. Is there no activities you could do, clubs to join, etc?

I've just found out my daughter has just overtaken me in height. I knew she'd be taller than me by the end of this year.

I'm sure you feel like you're not achieving anything, Kim. I wish there was a way you get out of the house, join protests and so on.

We're thinking of seeing the new The Incredibles film today, Kim. Yes the accommodation is separate, which is nice. No house-sharing!
Old 07-15-2018, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with what Claire said, Leanne. Talking with someone seems to come out better than we imagine often times. Maybe write her a note and list things like the AC on it, as questions?

Claire, I remember getting taller than my mom. Is she excited about that? She's going to be a beautiful lady.

Ooh, Claire! That just made me think. I can go to the Democratic (Liberal) office here in town and see what I can do to help. I'm sure they'd take any help they can get for the cause. That's brilliant! Thank you.

I haven't seen the original Incredibles, but, I've heard it was fabulous. You'll have a great time. Are you all going?

Kim
Old 07-15-2018, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that’s the second time recently I’ve taken my medication twice or wrong times. Maybe without my regular work routine, my sense of time is just really leaving me! I do have a pill box, but it’s putting all of the pills I need per day in one box. I took it during vacation like that so I would not miss any doses! Well tonight’s sleep will be interesting for me

I liked the new IT but I watched it knowing it was different from the TV movie, they even take place in different decades. The Tim Curry one was set in 1950’s flashbacks, and this new one, the kids are in the 80’s.

Thanks for guiding me with how to ask it, Claire! Practical advice is useful to me she wants to set up the pool on Monday so I can casually ask her about A/C then. It is hard, that’s why I feel so much better communicating over the internet, jusr typing out what I want to say.... way easier than articulation on the Spot! While looking at the person.

I’ve been looking online for activities in town but haven’t found something yet, I tried to go to the colouring club at the library but when I went there there was no sign of it anywhere

Wow, your daughter is taller than you? That must be kinda strange to look up at your baby!
Old 07-15-2018, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not at the looking up at her stage yet, Leanne. I think it will happen though! What's stranger is when she tries to sit on my lap as she's so heavy!

She's very pretty, Kim. Yes she's excited.

I'm so glad I sparked a good idea for you, Kim.

I'm sorry you did that with your medication, Leanne. It's easily done though. I'm hoping it is not harmful for you though.

Well as Kim says try writing it down first, rehearsing in the mirror to get the inflection right. There's nothing wrong with practising.

I hope you find some sort of activity. Did you ask the librarian about it?
Old 07-15-2018, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Claire, you know what’s funny is two of my nieces are passing my height and they are 14 and 11 yrs old but most people get taller than 5 feet.

I don’t think taking my blood pressure pill 12 Hours after instead of 24 will have a bad or dangerous effect, I’m just mad cause I may be up several times tonight to go to the bathroom, which means not sleeping well tonight!

Yeah, I just have to mentally prepare myself to ask her about things.

Claire, I didn’t ask the librarian cause I was too shy again. Maybe next Wednesday I’ll ask.

Kim, that’s a cool idea to go check out for yourself. I bet hey could use your passion for some help over there!
Old 07-15-2018, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I get it Leanne. Shyness can be so disabling. I used to be like that. I couldn't ask staff when I couldn't find something, even ask simple questions. I have improved so much in recent years, though. The more you force yourself to do stuff like that, the easier it becomes.

Yes, you haven't much hope of being taller than them. I knew my kids would end up taller than me, they've always been taller than their peers, and their growth charts give you an idea. Plus of course I'm fairly tall and my husband is over 6 foot!

I hope you do get some sleep. It's getting late there for you now!