Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2018, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not sure what I was doing. I knew I needed to hunt for sugar, but, I went to the other room for it...the dream, I was packing boxes with things like peanut butter, and checking lists of what I was mailing where. It was just crazy.

Why 2 hard boiled eggs a day? They don't sell anything like that here-unless I go to the expensive, and huge (too big for me) store, and get just pieces of hard boiled eggs at their salad bar.

Did you get your coffee? I can't eat before I have my blood drawn. That's why I get my appointments as early as possible in the morning. Also, can only drink water. What is the reason you need your blood drawn?
Old 07-12-2018, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Grrr! *snarl*. I went to the clinic and no line up waiting room, empty but then they said it was a fasting one and I checked on there to see and I never saw that. So I had to leave and tomorrow fast and it probably won’t be as fast as it was going to be! Then I drove across town to where I knew a DMV was so I wouldn’t waste my plans for the day to get stuff done. I wanted to stop and get iced coffee and the drive thru was closed and I had to park and walk in. Then, the DMV wasn’t there and the new one was literally right beside the clinic I was jusr at. So I’m here now and just about to get called so BRB!
Old 07-12-2018, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have such a bad headache and it keeps on coming back. So annoying! My head is covered in ice But I was fed up with being in bed so here I am posting...

I picked out new glasses today. Was maybe a bit courageous. Will probably get a heart attack when I go to pick them up But they also refit my old glasses with new eyeglass lenses for free so I'll always have those as well

Leanne, eggs Today is my first day with a new diet (it's suppoed to help my immune system recover) so naturally I crave everything I am not allowed to have... so eggs sound fantastic. Also I'm fantasizing about coffee

For some reason one of your posts slipped through my fingers yesterday, so about your doctor: I often find that in medicine not enough doctors look at the whole person instead of single things that might be "wrong" in a system and need help. I hope you find someone else who takes better care of you You're the expert on your body and mind so they should listen to you.

Claire, musical How was it? I LOOOVE musicals Hope she had a blast performing!

Kim, thanks And I got my glasses but also kept the contacts for another two weeks. They said it's normal for the eyes to feel weird at the beginning and that it will probably take another seven days for the eyes to get used. They have to work more with the contacts. It will take two weeks for the glasses to be ready anyway xo I will try some more.
Glad you are going to the doctor's soon! Always sleeping doesn't sound righ

ETA Leanne, what a day!!!!
Old 07-12-2018, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Ok finally back. That was my vent... but at least the DMV went fast and not the hellhole the old one used to be. The only thing I didn’t like was my new drivers license photo. I looked at it and said “oh man!” And the woman joked like “yeah, mine never looks like me either!” yuck, I’m not allowed to smile, wear my glasses and I saw dark under eye circles more prominently in black and white! I’m never gonna look at that license!

Kia, I wonder if eye strain from the contacts are causing the headache?
Glad you want to be up, staying in bed for so long is only a luxury for so long! Kia, I remember waiting for my new glasses to arrive, I was so !

Yeah, I actually boiled the eggs myself, Kim. They will last longer that way and are a good small snack to keep one feel filled up in between meals and good protein source when I’m not getting a lot of meat.

Kim, it’s just funny you were so organized in your sleep about the Titanic!

Yeah, I got my iced coffee with a chocolate syrup in it.

I just get my blood drawn regularly to check for anemia and iron and stuff about my high blood pressure, I guess. check on my thyroid too.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

Just got back and put the kids to bed. I'm heading to bed myself in a minute! Thanks Kia, it was great, and my daughter had a great time! She has one more performance, and is also running 5k for charity tomorrow!

The afternoon at my son's school was okay. It was a little boring, but we got to leave early which was nice so we got all of his tuition homework done when we got back.

Kim great to see you back, I hope you see the doctor soon.

Kia sorry you have a headache, I hope it gets better soon.

Leanne it's great you got your licence sorted today.

Good night all! My ears are still ringing from the music!
Old 07-12-2018, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Wow, your daughter is ambitious, Claire! Doing a 5k run! (when I was her age, I couldn’t hack it and my feet went numb below my ankles both times I did it!)

Ok, I have to make sure I don’t eat anything past 10 pm so I can get my blood taken after 10 am tomorrow! I can only drink water. I’ll have some lemon pie around 9:30 and then sleep so I won’t feel too hungry when waking up. This time, I won’t miss it, but I hope the waiting room will be practically empty again like it was today!

Turns out for some reason I have to reapply for EI again cause the one I just reported for expired now? annoyed cause I thought I got it done super early for the summer and now I’ll have to do all that calculated again!
Old 07-13-2018, 12:10 AM
Elite Fan

Yes Leanne the whole school is doing something called the race for life, which raises money for a big cancer charity.

I hope the waiting room is empty tomorrow!

What is EI?

A quieter day for me today. I need to go out to the shops, but mainly I'm doing laundry.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:41 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

I'm glad you're getting quiet days now, Claire!

It's my unemployment insurance. I thought I applied for a new session but it seems I just reopened my old account which only lasts a year. So now I have to apply again even tho I did that last Monday and only got one report sent. So confusing when that happens to me! Plus having to do it all over again! so after my blood clinic, I need to do that application again!

I'm already fasting now, since 10 pm!
Old 07-13-2018, 12:56 AM
Elite Fan

That sounds needlessly complicated. Typical bureaucracy! It seems weird to me you have to do that at all. Over here, if you're paid over a certain amount you pay National Insurance automatically. (And Income Tax.) I guess it's a different system though as NI counts towards State Pension and the NHS too, so it's really important you keep up with payments into it.

Good luck with the fasting!

I think I might be getting a migraine....
Old 07-13-2018, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good morning.

I finally got to putting all my links, and separately my You Tube songs links (about 200 of those) into folders last night. I know it seems silly, but all the links everywhere were driving me crazy.

I also played with making icons on my art program. Just simple ones, but...it's a start.

Leanne, I'm sorry things were so hard at first yesterday, but I'm proud of you getting stuff sorted out. I hope you got through the fasting okay. Your bloodwork sounds like mine-they check a variety of issues. I look like a prisoner on my license.

Kia, sorry about your headaches. They kind of put you out of service altogether, cause it's hurts to move. I picturing you with ice on your head posting. Do you like the frames you picked for your glasses a lot?

Claire, I'm sorry you're feeling a migraine come on. I'm glad your daughter's show went well. I see the Dr. in a little less than 2 weeks. We didn't have runs-we had 20 mile walks, called Walk-a-Thons. The only one that about killed me was on the beach, in the sand. I'm glad you had a quiet day planned, so you can rest your head.

ETA-my white Christmas string lights-half of them burned out. So, I switched to my orange Halloween ones, and half of them are out!

ETA again-now they're all on.

Last edited by There You'll Be; 07-13-2018 at 06:57 AM
Old 07-13-2018, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Howdy pard'ners!

Must feel nice to finally organize your music links, Kim! Yay for digital organization.

Yeah, I really hate my passport and licenses photos. Dark eye circles really show up and I look grumpy cause I can't smile or wear my glasses so come on

Glad you have your nice lights on, Kim!

It's so hot lately and SIL won't put on air conditioning, I'm assuming she doesn't want to pay the bill, so another downer to this arrangement is being lucky to live in a house with AC and not able to use it!

They all left the house around 8:30 am, no idea where one would go as a group that early! I'm not even hungry which is good cause I have to eventually go back to the clinic, wonder how busy it is this time.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

It's nice to organise files Kim.

I've done the race for life a few times. You don't have to run it if you don't want to though.

It's really hot and humid. I couldn't rest and had to go out, but my headache's not bad now.

It's sounds like you need new ones or new bulbs. We have LED ones which do last longer.

I hope the blood taking goes well, Leanne.

Last edited by Meliana; 07-13-2018 at 10:58 AM
Old 07-13-2018, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Do you live near water, Claire? Just wondering where the humidity comes from!

It seems really easy to get headaches in hot weather, I keep thinking about drinking water might help for dehydration.

Also, I just wondered, do you think it's bad luck to draw blood on Friday the 13th?

Today is a good day for watching some horror movies. I might rent "A Quiet Place" cause I heard that was good!

E.T.A I just realized something after 12 hours of fasting... to have blood drawn I need to show my “care card” so I don’t have to pay, but my care card was combined with my drivers license and they took that from me at the licensing place and gave me a temporary yellow paper til my card license arrives. I don’t think the temporary license has my care card number stuff on it. I might have starved for nothing and also go there again for nothing now. My life is always like this to me.

Last edited by beloved of the sky; 07-13-2018 at 12:07 PM
Old 07-13-2018, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

It's about 50 miles roughly to the sea north, east and south of here, so I'm pretty much surrounded by it. Most places on an island tend to be close to the sea though.

Hopefully your temporary card is good enough, Leanne. Good luck! You'd think in this day and age it would all be done on computers though.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Well, I checked my yellow paper license and it’s not a care card substitute so I have to wait for my real card to come so I didn’t go and just ate food. the bad luck of my timing!

Yeah, seems like you do have close by water around you now. I’m pretty far from a large body of water so I don’t feel humidity here all that often!

I hope your headache is gone by now? Did your daughter get good donations for the charity?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top