Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-21-2018, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's one of my favourite movies, Kim. I have to wear reading glasses a bit now. My eyesight is getting worse with regard to that, after all my life with perfect eyesight. The trials of getting older!

That sounds a very strange programme, Leanne! Glad you're enjoying it.

My parents have just got back after having a great day. Although apparently my nephew got stung by a wasp.

I've got a migraine. It's a bit annoying.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh no, you got a migraine as soon as your parents get back to your place, . Aww, poor nephew, that’s what always scared about lately, wasps stinging!

Ok well now I am bit freaked out cause my SIL said one of the drain pipes came off the pool and lost some water so she duct taped it back on! So I was like what if that happened when only one to fix it cause I’m no handywoman and I didn’t set up the pool so I’m not sure how to do that and obviously SIL went for the lazy fix, duct taping the hose so it shouldn’t fall out but I’m just thinking duct tape wouldn’t stop water leaking. And also peeling that off when taking down the pool. Why can’t things just work once set up

I never saw that movie!
Old 07-21-2018, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My frames aren't a color, really Leanne. More of a brownish shade, with some black in them. I am not one for caring about girly things, or accessories, so I have no clue what kind of frame they are. I just use them to serve a purpose.

Duct tape and water. Yeah, good luck with that. Don't be surprised if you wake up and the pool is empty.

The race did put me to sleep. Shortly after it started. Worse, the Sunday races are usually worse than the Saturday ones. (they're the higher up series, all different drivers-but the same track tomorrow). I just know I woke up tired, and cranky. I'm glad your show is making you laugh.

Claire, I hope your headache is gone by morning. Sleep well.

I have Sanford and Son on right now. Like I said, I woke up cranky. I just want to go back to normal. I want a real POTUS, not a reality TV one, who has sold out my country. It just never stops.

At any rate, going to see if I wake up, but either way I'll come back and let you know what's going on.

Kim
Old 07-21-2018, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry you’re cranky and feeling like things are t how they used to be! They gotta someday go back to that. he can’t be there forever and I think he’s gaining so much unpopularity he may not last full term! I wonder how you were before allthat cause I’ve only know. You since last year!

Well, I left to go to mom’s cause she baked pretzel buns and said first come, first served, so I went there and had two and some ice cream and blueberries and then my brother came by and told us about his NC trip and I mentioned I has a NC friend!

Yeah, my SIL said when I came home that she could hear water coming out after duct tape so she had a friend give her a metal clamp and she has that on now. But it’s not being filled or filtered right now so I’m not sure if that will work either but if it starts leaking with just me here, I’m afraid the pool will go flat cause I’m useless about pool maintenance, only pool enjoyment grrr, why can’t it just not pop off!

I have news on, but I’ll probably finish off Portlandia cause it was only 10 episodes.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nah, things will never go back to what they were. Too much damage has been done, and too much diversion. Putin will be here in the fall, in OUR White House, in our oval office. I expect they'll be celebrating hacking the Mid term elections, and then he will overturn the term limits on holding office. That's the best case scenario right now. Oh he'll last, and if he has his way, he'll be president until he dies, and then someone in his family will take over. Just. Like. China.

Oh my gosh! Pretzel buns are the best. Sounds like you had good treats, and a good time at your mom's.

If the water runs out it's not going to hurt anything.

I've turned Live PD on, and I'm going to bed. I'll probably be up in a few hours. Enjoy the rest of Portlandia. I am sure I'll see you later, since it's only 6pm there. Love you bunches.

Kim
Old 07-21-2018, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish you could move to Canada, babe! that is ridiculous about Putin being at the White House

Love you too! I like that boat smilie! I hope you can nap and wake up more refreshed and better mood-wise. I might try colouring tonight. So I don’t anxiety think about the pool filter leaking *sigh* just when I was ready to swim tomorrow.. it needs more filling and filtering but might not make it.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Try to not worry about the pool, Leanne. The fix might work.

Not a very interesting race then, Kim! Although I'm sure you were tired too.

I hope you too have a good Sunday. I'll be back on this evening after the concert, and driving into central London! (Not very quick!)

My headache is all better thanks. Going to bed was the best thing.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, glad you liked the smilie. I think you're more resourceful than you give yourself credit for, and if it's a small fix for the pool, I know you can do it. I hope you didn't have too much worry, and were able to relax last night. Did you color?

Claire I'm so glad bed helped, and your headache is better. How was last night with your parents being back? I hope you have fun at the concert, and maybe were able to relax and enjoy the scenery on the trip through London. Wow it must be so cool-that driving downtown for you is in London.

So, sleep seems to have done both you and I good. It's 4am and I'm up. I was up during the night a couple of times, but I just couldn't stay in bed any longer. Maybe a short nap later. I've started setting my alarm.

Watching cartoons now.

Kim
Old 07-22-2018, 02:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm up... Was really tired. Slept for almost 12h

Kim, when you say things like you can't have an eye exam because of the costs it makes me really humble because I often take the health system we have for granted. It seems so natural that everything that is medically necessary will be paid for that I never question it. It should be like that everywhere

And I didn't know Putin was coming to the white house

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 07-22-2018, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kia it's good you slept. Sometimes you just gotta do it. How are you feeling this morning?

Are you doing anything today, or taking time to just chill?

Yeah, they keep trying to get insurance for all through here, but, it's not happened, and I don't see it happening any time soon. I am super lucky though-that with my disability, I have pretty good insurance-it covers all medical, including surgery, and very cheap prescriptions (like, I pay $4. for one that costs others over $1000 for a month).

Yep, he is. Nothing like being a traitor and inviting your partner in crime, a murderous authoritarian, into your country. It's not official, he hasn't accepted the invitation yet, but it shouldn't be allowed.

Kim
Old 07-22-2018, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't have any nice plans. Well, actually, that's a lie... I finished an art project I was doing. A friend of mine and me, we recently met just to draw and paint and I still hadn't finished one of my projects so I did a little work on that.
There is quite a lot on my to do list that I have been avoiding. Trying to tackle some of that today like some more bills from the hospital Gonna have to fight my insurance on a few things so I also need to prepare that... and the taxes are still heavy on my mind Won't get that done today but maybe I will be able to start.

BTW... and I might have mentioned that before... I keep on thinking of you when I watch The Good Fight... I am so thrilled they got so political Season 2 is awesome!

How are you doing? Your blood sugar behaving?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 07-22-2018, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi I'm still in my waking up or wanting to go to sleep part of the morning cause I woke up at 7 am on a Sunday and that seems too early to get up or whatever on a Sunday!

Wow, that's a long sleep, Kia! Doing art with a friend sounds fun, glad you completed it. I am not good at finishing my creative projects good luck with the to-do list. Best to just tackle a bit at a time, not see it as a whole to stress out over!

Hi Kim bet your having a great start to your day! you're in bold!
I didn't colour last night, cause it's like my hobby in my mind not in practice apparently
Old 07-22-2018, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

In my head I can make my own clothes

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 07-22-2018, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

our imaginary hobbies! I visualize myself colouring way better than I realistically do.

It's silly tho cause I have the time and the supplies so I just got to do it and be productive
Old 07-22-2018, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kia, I am so impressed you do art, and draw, and wow, you are just so creative all around. Was it like a still life, a person, or, just carefree art, or...? (If you don't mind me asking that is). I'm proud of you for getting that done.

Ugh on paperwork, and dealing with those stresses.of medical bills and taxes. It would be nice if we all lived close together and could help each other out with these things.

I've never heard of The Good Fight. Or, I can't remember if you've mentioned it before. Is it on TV, Netflix? It sounds great. I'm hoping my Dr. can help me figure out something to keep my blood sugar in order. It's still a mess.

Ooh, even in your head making your own clothes sounds awesome.

Leanne, you were up early for you! I was up at 4am. I'll probably need a nap, though the race starts in half an hour.

Don't feel bad-I even picked out pretty pictures to color, but I haven't started. Apparently we're coloring together in each other's minds.

I've never noticed mod names were in bold. Not in all these years.

Kim