Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2018, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh that's good that the food plants are still alive

That sounds like a nice view, you get some greenery views from above! Nice place to have lunch or coffee, not sure if you drink that though!!

I bought a pool for nothing apparently!! With the SIL and kids living here now, no one is interested in using it or helping put it up and my dad encouraged me to sell it so my own pool of relaxation is gone now. I only got to use it like 3 times last summer!!

My house is on a corner so I have a large green space with tree (that the kids hanging from the branches are probably eventually gonna break them off) and the other side is a fenced in yard with a garden space. I never use the outdoor space but its good for the kids. We have no backyard cause of the 2 side yards! The window out of my living room is good cause a large green bush will keep growing and keep the kids hopefully from looking into my room when they are running around and hanging around the tree and stuff!

Ok, YES!!!! YAY, no more work!! Time to go!! I need to go to Walmart and pick up some stuff I need for summer hopefully and yucky pnatyhose to wear with my skirt for the wedding!!

be back later!!
Old 06-28-2018, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sucks about the pool... how come the kids are not interested
Your garden sounds lovely. Hope you get to use it a bit this summer... maybe the kids won't be so bad

Yay, summer holidays for Leanne! Enjoy!
I'm gonna go to bed now!
Night!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-28-2018, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

have a good sleep, Kia.

I tried to take a nap after work but the kids were too loud, hope this isn’t a sign of them being out from school for summer.

I got a toaster! and some bagels to try toasting, I also got eggs so I can try frying them on my induction burner thing! That’s my exciting acquisition I can have toast with chilli now for dinner!

It’s been a quiet night,

My sister dropped by and visited a bit tonight too, Next time I see her it will be in her wedding dress!

Kia, I’m not sure why the kids aren’t interested but I never really wanted them to use it either kids bring in dirt and possibly pee into those pools.

So weird to think I don’t have to set my alarm for two months now! I’ll just wake up when the kids do now ... or learn to sleep through them!
Old 06-28-2018, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sorry you didn't feel able to go to the pub, Leanne.

I'm glad some plants survived, Kia. I'm terrible at watering plants.

I'm going to the doctor this afternoon. I'm really nervous about it.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, is that the appointment about the restless leg study? Keeping my fingers crossed!

And it's nice you got to spend some time with your sister, Leanne Are you two close?
BTW I can get ridiculously excited about kitchen appliances. You should have seen me when I got the waffle maker (for Belgian waffles) or my juicer

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-29-2018, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

first morning of summer holidays and I'm awake at 6 am cause my nephew and a sleepover companion decided to wake up extra early and are stuck in his room right above mine so this is a great sign of how much I'll get to sleep later than 7 am this summer. I can't go back to sleep hearing their voices and the usual booms of their jumps, etc,

Yeah Claire, it's not my type of setting or situation for me. now that work is off, I can check out the adult colouring club on Wednesday afternoons. If anyone even goes to it that's not retired already!

Good luck with your doctor appointment, Claire, hope they can find something to help you

Kia, me and my sister aren't really close. She is more than a decade younger than me and opposite personalities but we get along when we see each other, she also lives in Vancouver and will be moving to England to study later this summer too so I won't see her for a long while this next year!

we officially adults when we get excited by appliances in the kitchen now! well I haven't had a toaster for over a year so it's nice to think I can make quick toast based snacks or meals again
Old 06-29-2018, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nahhh... to me it's a sign of how much of a child I still am. Food gets me excited

Too bad the kiddos won't let you sleep If it is any consolation, I really wake up early at the moment as well because it gets so bright and hot in my bedroom.

Adult colouring club sounds interesting. Recently I have started drawing and painting again... I really would like to work on a bigger project but I can't really decide what that should be....
Have been looking at videos on how to refurbish chairs so my next idea may be more along those lines. Will have to wait and see if my extremities cooperate though
I have three chairs I would like to work on. So far I thought just sandpaper and another coat of oil (or something along those lines) for dark wood but now I am actually wondering if I should go for bright colours.... need to think about that.

And I heard that siblings with big age differences are often less close. Didn't know you were a decade apart. But it's still nice you got to spend time - especially with her moving away
You can go and visit her in England then... how perfect

Going to do some more digital decluttering now... the least fun type of decluttering... nothing to show for afterwards

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-29-2018, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That is a big age difference Leanne. I hope you cope with the wedding ok. I won't be around much for the next two days as I'm doing this campover thing.

I was so anxious about seeing the doctor. He was really nice though, and has prescribed me some pills to try. Hoping they work.

Good idea, Kia. I have some chairs which need refurbishing too. It would be handy to know how to do that.

It's so hot today! There's a strong breeze, but it doesn't help much. Not a cloud in the sky either. At least it isn't humid though.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I am so keeping my fingers crossed, Claire!!!

Have fun with your campover! I hope the weather stays nice. It is really warm here as well but it's lovely in the shade
I was on the balcony all day

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-29-2018, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just took the first pill. I'm so nervous. I hope it works and doesn't give any strange side effects.

That sounds a nice day. I need to put away all the clothes I washed.

The doctor asked if I suffer with anxiety, and I admitted I did. I wonder if he could see how nervous I was !
Old 06-29-2018, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is it something that needs to build up in your system or could it start working tonight already?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-29-2018, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, I'm glad your doctor even clues in if you are anxious! (My doctor doesn't even seem to clue in on that let alone other stuff if it's not physical so now I'm anxious a lot about seeing her) how many pills are you suppose to take per night? Glad you were given something to try! hope it works

I'll miss you at the camping, I hope you have fun and it isn't too hot to do that sort of thing for you! So I guess you will be back on Monday?

That sounds really nice to spend all that outdoor time, Kia! that's cool you feel so creative. Coloured chairs would sound cool, don't you have a white place with coloured things that stand out?

I found out now that I need to entertain some girl cousins and their kids with my siblings on Sunday now so I can't recover from the wedding that day. And since it's the Sabbath, they won't even spend money to go to a restaurant to eat so I have no idea what to do with them or how much we can talk about stuff if I see them Saturday night and then again! and if we can't go to a restaurant I don't know what we will eat either.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll be back on Sunday.

I take one pill per night, after a week I can increase to 2 pills. I guess it may take a while, Kia.

Why did you agree to look after them, Leanne? It seems strange you would have to do anything like that.
Old 06-29-2018, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So is the pill supposed to work right away or it’s supposed to slowly work over time?

I do hope you have fun, are you all packed with camp stuff?

I woke up early and then fell back asleep and woke up at noon. I feel pretty good now and haven’t even had coffee yet. . I’d be more like if I stayed awake since 6 am though.

Well, it was a request in a family chat and I haven’t said anything, but since I grew up as a child with them, my parents expect I’d be there to keep them company despite my unnatural inclination to occupy them for hours. I can’t talk that much. Or cook anything. My family aka parents would think it’s extremely rude if my girl cousins are in town and I don’t visit with them if they have spare time despite the wedding evening. Anyway. In my family I’ve always had to do things that caused me extreme anxiety cause no one allowed me to do otherwise.
Old 06-29-2018, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to try it for a week, and see if there is an effect, if not I increase the dosage, after two weeks I need to review with the doctor. Finding the right dosage may take a while.

No I'm not even thinking about packing until tomorrow. I also need to buy some food to take, for our contribution.

I'd refuse to do it if I was you. I see no reason why you should be obliged to anything with them. I'm guessing I'm more assertive than you, no one would assume I'd do them a favour for no reward, or without asking. I have refused to look after my nieces for a weekend, by the way, because my brother in law and his wife never return the favour, and always expect more than they give.