Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2018, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You actually sound fairly chipper. I’m glad to finally see you again and talk to you ....

I love cheese toast, but with tuna beneath the cheese, so a toasted tuna melt

I’m having a pesto chicken and veggie steamer for main dinner now. Hope it’s good!

Watching The Middle but it’s almost over.

I am not sure if I’ll go to bed before you! Unless you’re night owl-ish lately!
Old 06-26-2018, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the tuna melts, too, but that's not a breakfast food. Especially when your'e a kid. At least not for me.

Love all those smilies. I'm hugely chipper, being able to get here again, and not be alone.

I'm to the part of Pearl Harbor, when the Japanese attack. Great special effects, with a lot of emotion. All of my great uncles served in WWII. One a sailor, one in the Battle of Iwo Jima, and one at Normandy. That's probably why WWII fascinates me, and means so much to me.

Yes, I know the war was nowhere near as glamorous as in the movies. Still, Saving Private Ryan, and Schindler's List, well, even PH, told the stories, in different ways.

What will you watch next? The Middle is another show I've chosen to never watch. I'm so out of touch.

Kim
Old 06-26-2018, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m pretty sure they wrote the youngest son in The Middle as an aspie kid cause he has similar traits and his whole world is books and reading

I like having eggs on toast too. Fried, sunny side up or scrambled on toast!

Yeah, I also had a great uncle who died in January 1945, so he almost made it. . He was buried in Holland and in 2015, me and parents went to meet the family that looks after his grave since the 40’s. in Holland, there is a cemetery of fallen allies from Canada and local families have tended and adopted graves as a thanks for helping in the war. So they took us to the cemetery and we saw the fields were war once was and also got to actually be at the grave of my family’s fallen war hero. Nice for my dad to be there cause he heard of his uncle all his life.

Another episode of The Middle is on so I kept it on
Old 06-26-2018, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is amazing you got to do that. Mine all survived, but I am still very disappointed that here in the US I never have gotten to see the new WWII Museum, and the Vietnam vets wall, and Soldier Field.

It's nowhere near the same as seeing where actual family is buried. You were so lucky, and fortunate, you got to do that.

I will forever wonder why those who wage war, are not the ones to fight the wars.

I think what always gets me is the music. It's funny, I always teased my mom about buying soundtracks with no words, because I said "They're too cheap to even buy words". Little did I know.

I like fried eggs on toast. Not scrambled, though. Scrambled eggs are too dry for me. I did used to melt cheese over scrambled eggs though. I'm a cheese addict.

Is The Middle on TV, or are you watching it elsewhere?

Did you decide on anything for dinner?

Kim
Old 06-26-2018, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it was on ABC but now it’s 9 pm and I have to see what else is on now!

Do you like eggs with the yolk runny? I think that’s my favourite version!

I had a chicken pesto steamer with broccoli and cauliflower in it, it was quite good and now I’m having a small chocolate banana granola bar.

Yeah, the war starters never actually go in the trenches themselves.

I like instrumental movie soundtracks, I like Jurassic Park, The Holiday, About a Boy, and Julie & Julia soundtracks. I notice music in movies and them if I like it I look up the songs online to download!

Yeah, I’m glad I got to be in person with my great uncle cause no family gets to visit his grave since it’s over an ocean away!
Old 06-26-2018, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep. That's how I like my eggs. I also love soft boiled eggs even more. No grease, but still the yumminess of the eggs, and the runny yolk.

Sounds like you really enjoyed your dinner.

Have you ever cried in the theater? I did in Empire Strikes Back (hey, I was 10) when Han Solo was frozen. But as an adult, Backdraft got me.

Any movies you regret not seeing in the theater? For me the only one is Saving Private Ryan. And wow, I sure like some tragic movies.

That is something most people will never, ever, get. I'm glad you did.

My dad is buried 2 hours away, and I still haven't gotten to go back there, so I can't imagine an ocean away.

Kim
Old 06-26-2018, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I miss eggs. Which is dumb cause I do have an induction burner and a frying pan, all I need to do is get some eggs! I’ve been hesitant to cook anything on the induction burner cause I don’t have a kitchen setting.

Maybe this summer I’ll do that since I have time.

I’m sure I must have teared up during a few movies in my life in the theatre but I can’t remember times. I do remember choking up at the end of Titanic in the theatre... the very end where she dies and reunited with Leo while it fades to heavenly white cause I’m a sap, I remember seeing other people crying in the theatre watching Titanic

I don’t usually watch tragic movies in the theatre, I go see action, comedy or scary movies!

I wish I got to watch “Back to the Future” in the theatre... would have been fun to see that in a large group of people all seeing it for the first time.

That’s a loaded question if I try to think about a lot of movies, I missed! I am glad I saw Jurassic Park when it came out in the theatre... everyone was screaming! Ok I remember I got choked up when they saw the dinosaur for the first time and theme music plays over it, made it all seem so majestic *big sap* haha
Old 06-26-2018, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitely try that out this summer. It'll give you time to perfect using it. Yeah, I'm the same. I never buy eggs.

Yeah, Titanic got me, too, and so did Pearl Harbor. I think the ship crashing down is what made me cry the first time. I'm really visual, so I imagined what it was like to be a person in each of those situations.

I don't remember much about Back to the Future. It's been since the 80's since I saw it. Yeah, my memory isn't what it used to be. The only real movie I remember seeing when I was young (that wasn't Disney) was Grease. Quite a scandal in those days to take kids to that kind of movie. I think I was 11 when I first saw it in the theater.

It's awesome though, that you cared about, and appreciated, the dinosaur.

ETA HUGE news. The trump administration has been served with a temporary injunction. They are NOT allowed to separate any more families. Children under 5 must be reunited within the next 14 days, and the other children within 30 days. It's a start.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 06-26-2018 at 09:53 PM
Old 06-26-2018, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha, about the dinosaur. Also that was the first time, they used CGI like that so it looked like a very realistic dinosaur at that time! But it was mostly the music plus the characters seeing their passion right in front of their eyes!

Back to the Future was just funny and also rather exciting at the end cause of the time running out to get back to his time plus get his parents together!

My first movie I saw in the theatre was Fox and the Hound... which I don’t remember crying at, but now I can hardly watch that movie cause it’s really sad!

Yeah, it was really sad in Titanic cause you could see how awful it would be to experiencing that and people actually did! And the survivors who had to watch it and sit there listening to the drowning people scream to death.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember loving Back to the Future, I just never saw it a 2nd time.

I haven't seen any Disney movies a 2nd time. Not anything before The Little Mermaid. I don't think I ever saw The Fox and the Hound.

Yeah, Titanic was all too real for me. Though, I can't spend too much time actually watching the movie now because of all of the CGI. I try to just listen to most of it.

Did you see my edit in my post above, about the separated children. It's a start.

Kim
Old 06-26-2018, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I also remember that first dinosaur scene in Jurassic Park, it was more powerful cause not only was the CGI amazing at that time, but in the theatre the music was loud and in surround sound, and also when the dinosaur landed on its feet again, the booming sound actually shook the floor a bit so you could actually feel the power of the dinosaur... pretty smart sound effects!

Well, I wouldn’t recommend watching Fox and the Hound cause one scene the old lady has to leave her pet fox in the woods for his own safety, but on the way there’s she thinks of a song about goodbye may seem forever but in my hearts a memory and there you will always be, an then she leaves him crying and drives away while the fox looks so bewildered and abandoned! tearjerker for sure when you have pets!

Yeah, that’s great finally they have to reunite the families, that was a really stupid move they even originally made.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nothing better than a huge screen, loud sound, and even audience reaction, for movies. I have to drive 45 minutes to get to a real theater, with that stuff. CGI was awesome for Titanic, too. I just can't not see CGI effects now. I wish I could see any show or movie without seeing it.

Yikes, I definitely don't want to see that movie then. As horrible as it is, I'd rather see a person suffer than an animal, or a child, because they don't understand what is happening to them.

Well, the administration will no doubt fight it. He was in a great mood, because the courts approved his Muslim ban today. Tomorrow will be a different story. He doesn't like it when people stand up to him, and will fight it tooth and nail. Plus, they have no idea where some of the parents and children are.

On to Titanic now. I have lots of recorded shows I need to watch, since I didn't do much more than sleep since Friday.

Kim
Old 06-26-2018, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it’s sad when pets are sick and you can’t tell them what’s going on. They don’t know what’s happening to them or why!

I’m starting to get a bit tired now.

Remember you have to get up tomorrow for your forms and mail waiting!

I hope my co worker wasn’t expecting to give me a present on our last day cause my last day with her is actually really tomorrow, not Friday! I’m just assuming she’s gonna cause she always gives me things
Old 06-26-2018, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Does she know Friday isn't your last day now? And, I'm sure she will. Do you have any cards laying around (I keep a big supply of various cards-that's why I'm asking-to see if I'm strange ) so you could give her one?

Okay, I will let you go to sleep, and I will immediately get started on my last 2 forms. No more procrastinating.

Sleep tight, sweet dreams, and love you. I'm glad I got to see you tonight.

Claire and Kia, good morning, and I hope you both slept well, and wake up feeling better.

Kim
Old 06-26-2018, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Remember to check your email

I do t really have spare random cards. She’s just gonna be surprised to hear it cause I didn’t know it either TIL for sure today! Oh well, hope it wasn’t elaborate, how bad is it, she’s trained me to expect gifts from her

Ok, it was fun to finally see you again and all night. Love you, see you tomorrow, hopefully!

Goodnight