Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2018, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Out of my 3 brothers, that brother was particularly quiet, sensitive and shy. None of his kids seem like that

After typing that about my mom being lucky out of 5 kids, we were all generally behaved, I forgot she had me! I think I was the mystifying problem kid. A little girl tomboy who has Aspergers but no one knew so I was just a puzzle with my refusal of typical girl interests, my odd interests, anxiety, stubbornness, crankiness whenever I had to do something I didn’t like it was me, in my family I was the kid I feel sorry my mother had to deal with

Fun smilie with the sprinkler! The kids yesterday were helping wash cars in their bathing suits to cool off. Not sure if there was any actual sprinklers, when I was a kid, we had built in sprinklers and a slip and slide. Except I never went on that myself, did you have one of those?

How is it dark there already? It’s summer and should be still daylight, maybe the storm clouds made it dark.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Those are characteristics, not things that are inherited. They're taught, and learned.

Yeah, I wasn't ignorantly compliant either. I think we just wanted to be different than our mothers, whereas they just wanted to please our mothers.

Oh yeah, we always played with soaking each other with the hose, kiddie pools, sprinklers, and the slip n slide. In the South, it was necessary.

We also had the community pool, which we lived at, all day almost every day, in summer. Once I passed my swimming test, and could go alone as a kid, I was always on my bike on the way there.

Weather is why it's dark. This time I year it's light out till almost 9:30pm. Not bright daylight then, but still light.

I just made a beef and bean burrito, and melted American cheese on it. So much better with the cheese.

What are you up to?

I sent you a PM, but kept loading and loading, so I didn't know it sent, and sent you the same thing in an email. FF wouldn't let me back in to see if it sent, the last few minutes.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 07-06-2018 at 05:04 PM
Old 07-06-2018, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, I got the PM’s, Kim!

You’re lucky you had a community pool. Only for a brief time, did I have a pool in my backyard, but I didn’t get to go in it too often from what I remember, I was like ages 4-7 when we had that house, and it didn’t help my pool anxiety to have seen my dad fish out a cat that drowned in it one morning!

I did have two beaches in my town though so I got to cool off that way.

Yum, I miss Mexican food that’s sounds delicious! I’m not sure what to have for dinner here. I had some McDonalds for lunch. Such bad eating habits.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I slept really well. I just got up at 8am

I only remember using a paddling pool in the garden when I was a kid. But then I was only a confident swimmer from the age of 21 or so, so a large pool was terrifying for me!

Another hot sunny day. The weather is very stable, but boring too.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good morning, Claire! glad to hear you slept well!

I'm like you, for some reason as a kid, I wasn't the biggest fan of big swimming pools. I remember at swimming lessons I couldn't get past trying to put my face in the water. (This didn't bode well when I had to get full immersion baptized when I was 8!) but now I'm a pool/swimming fan. Best thing ever!

Well, glad your weather is boring, but not cause it's hot. Mine was exciting cause we got actual thunder and lightning tonight. But it scared my cat... however, he did get brave and didn't run for my bed during one thunder so I'm impressed by my cat's courage, cause he wasn't liking it.

I'm kinda stressed about my living situation again and family drama.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I only had lessons as school, and they weren't exactly friendly about it!

I only started putting my face in when my kids were learning, to help them do it. These days they're the ones teaching me how to put my feet on the bottom of the deep end and encouraging me to do it! I think the outside pools at my schools had far more powerful chemicals than a commercial pool, though.

My cat didn't come in when we had a thunderstorm the other day. Just sat waiting for someone to open the door. I think us having the door open all the time is making her lazy with using the cat flap!
Old 07-07-2018, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I have to admit I'm still sort of scared about the sucking drains in pools that have sometimes drowned people when their hair got pulled in or they sat on top of them!

I love the smell of chlorine though! Why do I love those weird smells like tires, rubber, gasoline and chlorine? I wonder if it's in the genes!

Well, my cat is definitely calmer and braver than my previous female cat. She was a true scaredy cat of everything! Haha, your cat just making you wait on it! My aunts dog won't feed out of bowl, she will only eat from their hands. Well, if they trained her to do that, they deserve to that for the next 10+ years of their lives daily!

Ok, tomorrow is SIL's laundry day so I have to try to sleep to get up before 11 am tomorrow. Hope I can do it.and not stay up again ruminating! Goodnight over here.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If that was my dog I'd put it in the bowl, and let them whine until they eat! I'm the same with children, so tough! I was near a lady with a toddler in full tantrum mode on Thursday, and she kept talking, trying to distract, swing them in her arms. The whole thing was going on for so long, I started muttering under my breath, 'ignore him', 'ignore him', 'stop talking to him'! A nice bit of ignoring, and the whole thing would have been over quite quickly! I find it hard to understand why people have such a problem with not giving attention to the behaviour you don't want.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, I have been tired, and trying to catch up. The problem with putting so much off, is never getting caught up, and doing errands, is not being able to get things done.

I am so out of it. Not sure what is up. Also not sure why my internet is being so slow.

Kim
Old 07-07-2018, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello!

Aww, not a good way to start the day, Kim! Just take your time to get things done, do you have a deadline? If not, just let yourself take time to recover from being it of it. Is it muggy or humid?

Claire, you sound similar to my mindset when I see similar things, I'd be like ignore the behaviour, don't be their willing audience. Kids thrive on attention from fit throwing. I think we are both no-nonsense types.

I'm trying to be calm and I'm still in bed. Kinda woke up with a sick anxiety feeling in my stomach but I'm sure that will taper off later one my day gets going.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sorry you're feeling so drained, Kim.

I guess we are, Leanne!

I saw a load of YouTube videos today showing Americans and Canadians impressions of this country. It's interesting what they think. Some of them are a little patronising though. (Such a surprise we have good food here!)

It's been so hot today, I've stayed in. I'd like to have a walk this evening though.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you're lounging Leanne. I'll get most of it done later, but some I had to gather up for our yard man to take to the dump.

It's almost chilly here, with the breeze, and darkish, and rainy.

Claire, I'm the opposite of some of those people-I always think way more of your country, and also that you have much better food.

at your kitty.

I wish I could get the fog in my head to clear up.

Kim
Old 07-07-2018, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, I guess you're used to it, but really, Britain's food is good! I find most food made in Europe is better and tastier than here. I'm not sure about Canada, but I've eaten enough American imports and been there, lived there to be unimpressed, but in England, I find a lot of dishes and groceries even to be better and a good selection. Anyway, better not go on and on about my craving for English food again.

Too bad you can't take any caffeine, Kim, that's my go to for clearing my head. I left you an email Kim, by the way.

I better shower and get up cause I have to let my SIL have her laundry day get started.

I might have some pho today to help me feel better.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, I answered your email.

I have caffeine-I'm addicted to my Diet Coke.

I hope you get your pho.

Kim
Old 07-07-2018, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I read it. I just hope my nephew doesn’t follow his wonderful parents examples they are showing him! She gets even more money than I do a month from the government alone, twice as much as me. And my brother does have a job and takes the kids, so it’s not like she has a welfare dude who moved out of state and never call his kids on the phone. She could be in a dingy rental apartment, not this nice house, newly renovated for cheap rent not matching the prices in the actual real estate market. And it’s my family helping out with giving her a place for them to live, not her family of several siblings and mother, I, just venting cause I’m not liking living around this drama.

Yeah, I am ready to go get it' I just wish they could do delivery so I don’t have to go all the way there and sit and wait and then carefully take it all home so it doesn’t spill., wish I could introduce you guys to it like have a lunch date and I could show you how to eat it.