Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2018, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah most births are in hospitals, though. It would have been nice to have done it at home. I could have the second time I suppose, but I was nervous about it happening again. (Which it didn't, and was actually a lot easier and quicker.)

I'm so happy you have such good news.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so glad I didn't have children. It's all so complicated, even before the growing up part. I'm seriously impressed with what you've been through, and done.

Thanks. At least I feel less overwhelmed now. Only one Dr's office, and the live in rehab to wait to hear from now. It's all a waiting game, for now.

It's a beautiful day again, so I think I'm going to get dressed and go outside. I spent less time in bed, but, even laying down hurts, so I'm having trouble getting physical things done. Might try sleeping in my desk chair tonight.

Kim
Old 06-05-2018, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't know England had midwife led pregnancy and births either! Both of my SIL's had home births for some of their kids.

(I'd rather go to the hospital in case of stuff happening and also epidurals, theoretically if I was gonna have a kid)

Nice, you got your excerise, Claire. Glad your son enjoyed the tutoring session too!

Libraries do copying and sometimes certain stores too, like computer, print stores like Staples.

Yeah, Kim, my people work is sort of done in the last part of June and gets quite technical with just inventory. But I'm gonna be doing 3 inventories instead of one or two like others are, so its going to be tiring and might be a bit of a struggle with my back not back to normal yet.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's also very rewarding.

Thanks! I'm excited about the tutoring, I hope it makes a difference.

I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable. I hope you get to go out though, I'm sure it must help.

I never wanted an epidural, as my husband's aunt had one for something and ended up with chronic back pain for the rest of her life, that and the fact epidurals slow down the labour and make it much more likely to have complications and assisted birth, even caesarean.

Last edited by Meliana; 06-05-2018 at 12:56 PM
Old 06-05-2018, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, I'm glad it has been.

I was in my teens when I knew for sure I'd never have children. Not after everything I'd been put through.

I've never heard of that happening with epidurals.

As soon as I finished getting dressed, it was already storming. I have like the worst time management ever.

Leanne, small town-remember? We don't have computer stores, or office stores like Staples. If we need anything like that, we go to Walmart, or online.

ETA or go an hour away.

Kim
Old 06-05-2018, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That would be a long way to travel to get a photocopy.

Another storm? It seems to never stop!

Yes that put me right off epidurals.

I feel really tired now.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Are you going to bed early, Claire?

Wow, another storm, so much for going outside, Kim!!

There is some kind of presentation in here for the preschoolers and kindergartens and my pet peeve is someone watching a baby and a toddler walking around, pulling out books, and the adult either putting the books back in the wrong place or leaving some stuff on the floor. Hey, not my job, cleaning up after your kid's mess!!

I don't feel like having my library messed up.

Yeah, glad I didn't get pregnant to have an epidural to get chronic back pain! I don't know, just the thought of another living thing living inside me and how that would feel, makes me think about the movie "Alien"
Old 06-05-2018, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well fortunately it's not like Alien!

The toddlers sometimes do that in my sessions but I've learnt to not worry about it!

I'll be going to bed soon I expect.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh that's good, although its hard to think how its not like Alien!! I mean, you can feel movement thats not yourself, inside you Thankfully, they don't burst out of your chest for giving birth.... although I can't testify a more than 6 pounds of anything coming out anywhere of my body to be pleasant.

Have a goodnight Claire. I hope I just didn't make you think of that Alien movie and then have nightmares about giving birth to an Alien!!!
Old 06-05-2018, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I doubt it!

To be honest Leanne, feeling the baby moving is by far the best thing about pregnancy.

Good night! I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

See you tomorrow, Kim!
Old 06-05-2018, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nope. Nothing living moving around inside of me. Just the thought of it makes me physically ready to vomit. Just...ewww.

Leanne, they made the mess, they can clean it up. If not, leave it.

Sleep well, Claire, and sweet dreams.

Almost every day we have storms in the Southeast. It's normal.

Kim
Old 06-05-2018, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm such a weird person. I think I'd like storms daily! I like rainy and overcast days more than sunny ones. Although pass on the ultra violent, just some rain, some thunder! No lightning or high wind!

Well, school's over. I still have 45 minutes left, this is the longest day ever for no reason, it just seems like its going soooo slowly!
Old 06-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, I don't mind those storms either. These storms are nothing like that.

you should be leaving right now.

I got a whopper jr., simply because my brother didn't want the extra one he ordered. They didn't even bother to order me a real meal. I only get offered food when she doesn't want anything left over. But, I need to eat, so I guess I should just be grateful.

I haven't eaten since Sunday, so, I'm hoping it goes well. Still not hungry.

ETA Have a good night.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 06-05-2018 at 04:54 PM
Old 06-05-2018, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You decided to go to bed early? Last night you were up really late!

Girl, you need to eat everyday maybe you should go see the doctor about lack of appetite I’m glad there was an extra whopper too!

I went and got food after work, but I may have bought too much food for me to eat before it gets yucky, we shall see!

I’m just relaxing tonight, working and grocery shopping, getting gas and then unpacking groceries and I’m ready to just lay down, so lazy

Old 06-05-2018, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't sure I was going to bed, I just left after you didn't come on.

I am heading to bed now though. I was still awake at 6am, and every time I lay on my right arm, it killed me, and woke me up. I don't know what's up.

It was a whopper Jr. Not really a meal, and no onions, or ketchup and mustard, or pickles. I know I should be grateful, but I'm not. I'm an afterthought.

Sounds like you got a lot done. Good.

Okay, sleep tight, and sweet dreams, and I'll see you tomorrow.

Good morning, Claire, when you get up.

Kim