Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2018, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, is your neck feeling any better this evening? I'm sure your daughter will open up to you when she's ready. You've made that easy for her to do.

Glad you got your bookkeeping going.

Kia, ugh on that. I finally started asking for a fruit bowl instead of their food. Blech. How are you doing today?

I don't have the face for long hair, but, that didn't stop me from wearing my hair long, either.

Leanne, again with the "boy short". Did your mom cut your hair too short for you once when you were a kid, or something?

I hope they get the check straightened out right away for you.

At any rate, my hair isn't boy short, meaning, I don't look like a boy with it. I actually look more feminine.

A raccoon scaled a skyscraper in Minnesota! It was trapped, on different floor levels window ledges. Started back down, around the 24th floor, then turned around, and finally scaled up to the roof. You have no idea the millions of people who were watching, with major anxiety, and lots of hope. It finally made it to the roof, where they had food in cages, and it went into one to eat, and they caught it. She was checked out, to make sure she wasn't rabid, and released back into the wild this morning. It was so awesome when the video was shown that she was free, where it belonged. Hours and hours invested for people watching. We needed a hero, who didn't give up, right now.

Kim
Old 06-13-2018, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

blah, feeling gross again. After the ramen, my stomach felt sick so even though there was a staff luncheon, I went to my car to lie down and close my eyes. Then I came back and my co-worker made me a plate of a taco, even tho I have a low appetite. Maybe I'll eat it later, I do love tacos and never get to have them!

I still have to work til 4 pm.

thats how I describe really short hair, like a pixie cut. I'm sure yours isn't a pixie though, Kim. And when I was ages 2-4, my mom kept my hair short cause I hated getting it brushed or put in braids, etc, so in my early toddler years, I kind of look boy-ish

I haven't seen the raccoon story yet maybe it will be on the news!
Old 06-13-2018, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know what you meant. It is a pixie cut. All I know is I look more like a girl with it. I guess it depends on how you choose to see it.

I've only eaten one of bite of my other half of my sub. It's just kind of sitting here. Hope you feel better.

Kim
Old 06-13-2018, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw the raccoon mentioned on the BBC news website. I didn't read the article at the time though so thanks for that.

She couldn't talk to me face to face, so we ended up texting, after that I managed to talk face to face. However it's left me with a dilemma, as it sounds if her friend has a serious problem, and as a friend to her mother I feel honour bound to tell the mother, but also I don't want to break a confidence. It's a tricky situation.

It's a very difficult age for sure, Leanne.

I'm so glad your hair is cut, Kim, it must make you feel better.

Hopefully the money will all get sorted out then, Leanne.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always over explain cause I think you're serious when you ask me anything

I wish I could go to bed.

Yeah not sure if I'm sick cause of stress or just sick cause of lack of sleep.

I hope you can eat your sub, you can just take a bite or two every hour or so and eventually by the end of the day it's done. That's how I drink a can of soda. A sip or two every hour. Slowest drinker ever here!
Old 06-13-2018, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's my bedtime now Leanne!
Old 06-13-2018, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No, you didn't over explain Leanne. I do ask seriously.

You are the slowest drinker ever.

I think I just got easily offended, and that's why I was so over sensitive about what you call boy hair cuts. Because no woman I have ever known, considers herself looking like a boy because she has short hair.

Claire, I watched that racoon for HOURS. Terrified every second it was climbing that it would fall.

That is a tough decision. Just keep in mind-if you tell her mother, your daughter will probably never forget that, and may not trust you again. Unless she asks you to intervene any way.

Sleep tight.

Kim
Old 06-13-2018, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lucky you, Claire!!! Sleep double hard for me!!!!!

Its only 2 pm here!!! long haul!

Weird, but usual for this area. On my way to my second location, I go up a hill. At the bottom of the hill, a film crew was set up at a coffee shop... and when I arrived at top of the hill at the location of the first school I ever worked at which is closed now, was a second film crew set up with tons of cars parked and I could see in the field something that looked like an outdoor celebration.. and the filming code signs said "FSP" which I can't figure out. But I couldn't REALLY look hard cause I have to watch where I'm driving!

That is a tricky situation, Claire. If the girl is in danger, it can't really be kept a secret. Your friend could be upset you knew and didn't tell her

Ohh, now I see what the deal was with the racoon. Yikes, I wouldn't be able to watch it "live" I don't even know how it climbed up the wall!!
Old 06-13-2018, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I will Leanne.

Lucky raccoon for sure!

I don't think the girl is in immediate danger, I'm just worried about how things might develop. I also worry her mother will overreact and not deal with the situation very well. It would be better if the girl could be persuaded to tell someone, a counsellor perhaps.

I have been in this situation with another child before, and what I'd heard was more serious that time, and I did tell a senior teacher at the school that time, as the safety of the child had to come first over the confidence breaking issue.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, maybe have the child talk to someone more neutral to the relationships between everyone else! Good idea, Claire!!

Sorry, you were offended at my description of short hair on girls. I just grew up and surrounded by boys who never had long hair and I've always been jealous of boys with short hair cause it has to be less a hassle than my hair is. If I had the face shape for it, I'd go for it. Wouldn't work on me, but I'm sure you look like a girl, Kim!!
Old 06-14-2018, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, you absolutely have to do what your conscience feels you need to do. You will make the right decision. I know you, and I know you will.

Leanne, I know you don't think I look like a boy, Ignore my little defensive tantrum earlier. You said nothing wrong, at all. Did you see anything in the paper, on the news, what they were filming there?

I'm just dealing with some mood/emotional issues right now, so I'm kind of off in my own mind, and hiding under my covers, sleeping a lot. I'm working on it.

I will be back later today, probably later in the afternoon at the rate I'm going, still being back up. Anyway, I'll see y'all later today. I hope you both have a good day until then.

Kim
Old 06-14-2018, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Kim. I'm glad you're not upset.

My husband says leave it for now, but I do feel like I should tell someone.

I've got a wash in the machine already this morning, despite finding it hard to get out of bed!

I'm sorry you're not feeling too good, Kim. I hope counselling is helping.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, I forgot to say, your avie I love it.

Claire, I hope you are able to decide, and act/not act on it the way you're comfortable. How is your neck? I hope it's better. It's good you're comfy in your bed, again, and not on a floor in a hotel. Yay on getting the laundry in. You get started on stuff so early!

Thank you. I'm definitely not upset. I'm wondering if I'm having sort of PTSD from when I was in short live in PT rehab, where I was afraid to sleep at night. I always need an explanation for why I'm doing what I'm doing.

see you guys later.

ETA-after a catching up posting spree, I'm off to try bed. It's a little after 4am. I don't like sunrise when I'm on the wrong side of it, at "night" for me, rather than morning. so I'm going to try to be to sleep before it.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 06-14-2018 at 01:05 AM
Old 06-14-2018, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sorry about that, Kim. Finding a reason for it is a great first step.

I'm not doing so well, I'm so bored. I really need to go for a walk or something.

Sleep well, Kim.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I took a sleeping aid and slept like a bug in a rug! Having a latte at work, wondering what to do today.

Hope you can go for a run Claire!!

Thanks, Kim! Simpsons avies are usually quite entertaining with some classic quotes. I remember seeing that scene on air and I started rolling on the floor laughing literally from that whole "floating ants" in space thing!

Take it easy, Kim Get rest. I think its good to just rest the brain. I know how it takes it out of ya. I've been curled up in bed "out of commission" a few times. Its called a brain/body shutdown"!