Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2018, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So what now with the no net neutrality? So what's supposed to happen now since it "officially" ended.

And I'm seeing surreal images of Kim Jung On shaking hands with Trump. Too weird!

I have to take my sleeping pill soon to get my hours in. Still can't believe I took a day off, my attendance this year overall has been horrible in my opinion

I wonder how your net neutrality going will affect Canada.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They're saying the changes will start sneaking in-no access to social media unless you pay for it, and they get to control what is said, and what news is allowed on it. Then, we will have to pay a separate fee for each package (You Tube, Netflix, etc) (Google searches, etc) (emails packages) etc. They will get to decide what sites we're "allowed" to visit. The way this country is headed, it will soon be all propaganda sites and news only. We'll see. A lot of states are passing laws to prevent that (not mine, of course, we're in trump country). Time will tell.

Yeah, we're supposed to be proud of him for meeting with a murderous dictator, who starves his people. It's like an alternate universe. He's aligning himself with dictators, and has floated the idea there be no term limits for him as president. We're falling downward, so fast.

Well, you've been sick, etc. I don't know why you judge yourself so harshly. It's a job, not anything more important. You are dedicated to it, and proud of it, and you should be, no matter your missed days.

Oh, Canada is about to be swept up in the UE net neutrality loss of freedom. There is a couple of posts on the News Lite thread about it.

Are you going to sleep now?

Kim
Old 06-11-2018, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They're saying the changes will start sneaking in-no access to social media unless you pay for it, and they get to control what is said, and what news is allowed on it. Then, we will have to pay a separate fee for each package (You Tube, Netflix, etc) (Google searches, etc) (emails packages) etc. They will get to decide what sites we're "allowed" to visit. The way this country is headed, it will soon be all propaganda sites and news only. We'll see. A lot of states are passing laws to prevent that (not mine, of course, we're in trump country). Time will tell.

Yeah, we're supposed to be proud of him for meeting with a murderous dictator, who starves his people. It's like an alternate universe. He's aligning himself with dictators, and has floated the idea there be no term limits for him as president. We're falling downward, so fast.

Well, you've been sick, etc. I don't know why you judge yourself so harshly. It's a job, not anything more important. You are dedicated to it, and proud of it, and you should be, no matter your missed days.

Oh, Canada is about to be swept up in the EU (I think that's it) net neutrality loss of freedom. There is a couple of posts on the News Lite thread about it.

Are you going to sleep now?

Kim
Old 06-11-2018, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't even know why people who make those laws even want the internet to limited like that even to them! It's just idiocy! This world needs to end soon.

At least I can say, I enjoyed the internet in its free days for 20 years before it became useless. It seems like democracy around the world is shutting down bit by bit. Hopefully maybe I'll just die young and not bad here to see freedoms disappear.

Yep, that's my grim views

I don't want to lose my job though in case anyone checks and thinks I'm a slacker.

I'm gonna take my pill now
Old 06-11-2018, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

but not that we'll be in the old folks' homes saying "I remember the good old days, when the internet was free, and uncensored!"

That's ridiculous. Most places look at work performance anyway, not if you missed days legitimately. You seem to be the one who thinks you're a slacker, not anyone else. That's what I mean about you being too harsh with yourself. It's you coming down on you, no one else.

Good idea to take your pill so you will be tired by the time you crawl into bed. Are you stressed about something, and that's what kept you awake, even though you may not have been actually thinking about the stress?

I'm listening to Christmas songs on You Tube.

Kim
Old 06-11-2018, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Actually I can say that now cause I remember back in the earliest days the internet didn't have stalking ads, no FB spying, no pop ups.

However, I remember too, that we had to pay by the minutes we were on the internet! And if someone wanted to use the phone, the internet connection would get cut

I only think I'm bad with using less sick days. I think I'm good at my job!

I do have a sad anniversary coming up so I guess that countdown is making me stressed or upset when reminded. But also my sister's wedding... it's a good thing but also dread the length of being there. Also, doing three inventories in front of me, while my back hurts and I hope doing lower shelves won't kill my back.

Nice, it's funny how when it gets hot and sunny, I get in a mood to hear Christmas music and think about cooler weather with lights and special treats and all that!
Old 06-11-2018, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG, the days when someone would pick up the phone without warning, and cut the connection. Oh that was maddening.

Yeah-that would all turn into a mountain of stress. A freaking huge amount of stress. And, anniversaries, always bad. I just went through the trauma of my worst one with you guys, so you know we're here for you. I have faith in you for navigating your way through the wedding, and all the side things with it.

I think it's natural. We always want the opposite of what we have.

Kim
Old 06-11-2018, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG, the days when someone would pick up the phone without warning, and cut the connection. Oh that was maddening.

Yeah-that would all turn into a mountain of stress. A freaking huge amount of stress. And, anniversaries, always bad. I just went through the trauma of my worst one with you guys, so you know we're here for you. I have faith in you for navigating your way through the wedding, and all the side things with it.

I think it's natural. We always want the opposite of what we have.

Kim
Old 06-11-2018, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah except I can't talk about the anniversary thing out in the open. I just have to deal with the memories, blah!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to July 1st!

Yeah, love you guys

Also, I guess I should throw in I may have to or should find a new bathing suit before the end of the month cause I'm going with the family to a water indoor park in WA state so if I want to swim I need a suit. Although I plan to mostly use the spa part of the place. But who loves bathing suit shopping.. not me!
Old 06-11-2018, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kim
Old 06-11-2018, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You have PM's, you have email, and you have the choice to speak about whatever you want in public. If someone has a problem with that, that's their problem, not yours. You're only dealing with it on your own if you make the choice to do so. Again, it's all about the choices you make. That's your power to take, or not, choice.

Is that the date of your sisters wedding? I can't remember.

Ugh, bathing suit shopping is the worst. Especially when you only use it rarely. I always got 1 piece, so that was easier, I guess. But water park trip! I've only been to amusement parks-never a water park.

Kim
Old 06-11-2018, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Morning! Still awake?

I've done a few chores already this morning. Now having breakfast.

I haven't bought a swimming costume for a very long time.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey! It's past your bedtime!

I'm going to say goodnight, so you can get to bed.

Good morning Claire!

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 06-12-2018 at 12:42 AM
Old 06-11-2018, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Claire! Wow you've been a busy lady, and really early! I hope you're having a good breakfast.

Kim
Old 06-11-2018, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Claire, I hope you're breakfast is good!

I'm yawning so often so I should go to bed it's 11:30 pm!

Sister's wedding is June 30th. And last day of work is the day before that! So July 1st will mean it's time to relax after all the build up. And anniversary is June 28. so everything happens in 3 days!

I prefer wearing tankinis. It's a two piece type swim suit but not as small as a bikini.

Ok, well, wish my luck sleeping this second round!

Hope you have a good morning, Claire and a good sleep, Kim love you both