Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-29-2018, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't say I liked the characters either in Armageddon. I can't remember the special effects just that plot was crazy, the characters destructive and crazy, and the science laughable. Plus who takes an automatic weapon on a drilling mission? Just so someone can go nuts and shoot everyone. I'm glad you enjoy it though. As I say it's escapist. Liv Tyler was good in it.

I had a bad night, so I'm only just up. It's rained overnight which means the humidity has gone right up again, there's a likelihood of storms all day. The heat caused the worst restless leg I've had for a long time, and nothing I did got rid of it. I was up jumping around in the bedroom at one point.

I hope you had a nice evening, Leanne.

Hope everyone sleeps well!
Old 05-29-2018, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I had a good sleep, but then the knob to the hot water on my shower came off and I couldn't turn off the hot water, so its continually falling out of the spout. Of course its the hot water I can't turn off! and of course, my SIL was in the shower too when I tried to tell her before leaving so I have to leave a message with my nephew and hope he gets it through to her. And parents both work so I left an ichat message.

So I'm just worrying at work about the drain not constantly draining or the heat from the water causing humidity even though I left the bathroom window open.

We might run out of hot water or if we can't fix the knob, I'll have to take a shower upstairs in their bathroom!! I hope SIL can contact someone. I also got a little blister on my thumb from trying to tighten the screw and shut the water with my fingers. I have no tools.

So anyway, that's my stress. I already took a few sprays of Rescue Remedy in the car on the way to work. I don't like that I couldn't fix it before leaving and just leaving it there, water on!

Awww, sorry Claire!! Its like youd have to go out running to get the kinks out of your legs! That feeling is so annoying!!
Old 05-29-2018, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, I'm sorry you had such a crappy night.

I like most of the characters, and all of the actors. I take it you're not into destruction movies? Lots of insults in there, so I'm not sure if you don't like the whole genre of action movies. In my experience you have to completely suspend disbelief to enjoy any of them.

Leanne. I can't believe you left, and didn't leave someone in charge of it. No wonder you're worrying. Why didn't you call in late until you could speak to your SIL?

The hot water will be out in all the house-so going upstairs to shower won't help you.

I hope you've calmed down.

I got a call that one of my prescriptions had been recalled. I called back, and they couldn't tell me which one because the system was down. Turned out, eventually, it was by test strips for my sugar levels-that I put my blood onto. Mine weren't in the lot number though, so that's good.

Kim
Old 05-29-2018, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, I'm not good at functioning in a panicky "what to do" feeling!! I had to go to work so I left a message!! I also got on FB and left a message to her and my dad and a message on my dad's answering machine! I couldn't wait for however long SIL was taking a shower for!

Hopefully I'll hear back from her if she's done anything. I dont think either of us knows the where the water shut off is. I LOVE how this happens 6 months after the guy who knows how to deal with this moves out. Never happened in the 10 years I've lived there, til 5 months after they move!!
Old 05-29-2018, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't mean for that to come across as me saying you were wrong. I only meant I'm way too afraid of not knowing what I should do when things like that happen. Not that you did anything wrong. At the jobs I've had, being an hour late due to an emergency wasn't a bad thing.

We're already getting the effects of Alberto here, and mom's room is leaking. I think timing never works in anyone's favor, so don't feel alone.

Now that I've calmed down from my prescription scare, I've finished my bookshelves, and am going to turn on Hulu...see if any entertainment interests me today.

Kim
Old 05-29-2018, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks both of you. We've had constant thunderstorms all day. There is a serious flood on a neighbouring street. Fortunately too far away from us to be a worry.

I love action movies, but no I'm not fond of most disaster movies. I have too good an understanding of the science to enjoy them. With sci-fi and fantasy it doesn't have to make sense, but in disaster movies which are set in the real world, the OTT dramatics and bad science are just irksome. I'm sure I have seen good examples from the genre, though.

I'm sorry to hear that, Leanne. Do you not know a number of someone who can repair it for you, or switch the water off? I hope it gets sorted.

EDIT: I'm sorry you were worried about your medicine, Kim.

Last edited by Meliana; 05-29-2018 at 09:59 AM
Old 05-29-2018, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, I can't believe all three of us have some sort of water issues going on!

I'm still waiting to see if anyone gets my messages. I was so flustered, I forgot to take my stomach pill too, so hopefully nothing will happen til I get home to take it! I don't know numbers, my SIL is the stay at home mom so hopefully she will take it seriously and get the water shut off at least!!! Not much I can do sitting at work about it now!!

Hmm, so what can your mom do about stopping the leak??

I'm glad the prescription panic wasn't one of the really needed ones!!! Do you have to poke yourself and draw blood daily or several times a day?

I love how hokey disaster movies are especially the ones made in the 1970's. They are nonsensical, but sometimes I like the special effects of the most disastrous situations that don't seem realistic!
Old 05-29-2018, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I keep losing internet connection too. I guess it's all the lightning. Our power is all good though.

That leak sounds scary, Kim.

It is weird we've all got water things going on at the same time. Law of averages I guess.

I hope someone gets back to you soon, Leanne. I'd be freaked out too.

I remember quite liking Towering Inferno. That one has fanciful elements, but it has a good build up and good characterisations.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked that earthquake disaster movie with The Rock in it a few summers ago!! It had everything, like end times level disasters!!!

Ok, my SIL got back to me and said she was able to stop the water at least temporarily!! So at least the water isn't still going on!

Not sure what the near future of where or how I'll take mornings showers will be!

Youre weather sounds nuts, Claire!!

Hey, Kim, they canceled Roseanne's show!! And I bet you can guess why!!!
Old 05-29-2018, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Roseanne opened her racist mouth this morning, and ABC cancelled her show (which had already been renewed) this afternoon. I'm so freaking happy.

Okay, now to actually post.

Claire, I hope the rain has gotten a little lighter there. Have your storms stopped this evening?

Leanne, I'm glad she got the water off. Shouldn't your dad be able to fix it this evening?

San Andreas. It's the same kind of action movie. No real stories, but I like the characters, actors, and effects. I love it.

Oh! Ha! I guess you said the same thing I did this afternoon. She called an African American woman from the Obama administration a cross between a Muslim terrorist, and an ape. (Just in case it's only a name here, when you call an African American person an ape, it's worse than the N word).

The handyman was here, and patched it. We've got heavy rainstorms in the forecast for the whole week, with the tropical system Alberto getting here, so, no telling if it will hold up.

Kim
Old 05-29-2018, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, that was a quick handyman response!! I don't think the plumber can fix our issue that quick!! I really don't relish having to go upstairs at 6:30 am to use the upstairs shower/bathroom!

too bad for the rest of the innocent cast and crew! Back to their regular lives again!!

Yeah, very bad taste, she doesn't think how that would not affect anything by saying something like that on social media? She will never live that down!! since it affect so many other people now!

I hope the creek doesn't overflow during that, Kim

I haven't seen alot of rain almost all of May. Its unusual!!
Old 05-29-2018, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad your SIL got back to you, Leanne.

I never saw San Andreas.

I agree Leanne, that leak was fixed quickly!

It's all quiet at the moment, Kim. The sky is still looking threatening though as it has all day.

That tropical storm sounds much worse than what I've got.

That was a stupid thing for Roseanne to say, then. I'm glad you're pleased about it. I wonder what ABC do now though.

Our May was very dry too, Leanne. I think in the last few days it's been trying to give us our month's worth of rain!
Old 05-29-2018, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, I'm sure ABC has many shows to fill the vacant time slot. Another one of their half hour comedies.

I'm glad it's at least quiet there now. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

Leanne, your dad doesn't do plumbing repairs. I didn't realize that. Still, what's to stop the water from coming back on, if it's only temporarily taken care of? I'm so confused.

Kim
Old 05-29-2018, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know the situation about the water. I am not sure if only my bathroom water was stopped? Or the whole house's water or just the hot water! I have to go home and see what's going after work!!! Don't know why this had to happen in the first place!! My dad does handiwork but I'm not sure what caused the knob to fall off.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe she used some sort of tool on the shower to shut the water off there? That's what I'd do in that situation.

Perhaps so, Kim. Having never watched ABC I have no idea of what they'd do.

Still quiet, and my husband is finally on his way home!