Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-26-2018, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good morning, Kim. Thanks for the new thread!

Good news about the desk. I hope moving everything won't be too taxing. I hope you're sleeping, sending you hugs this weekend!

I got up late as I took a while to get to sleep last night.

So those treats weren't that good then, Leanne. That's a shame.
Sleep well, Leanne!
Old 05-26-2018, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Claire! Love your icon.

Thank you. So far, so good, even if it's early in the weekend. Monday will be the hardest.

How has your day gone?

Kim
Old 05-26-2018, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello!

The yawning smilie is so cute, Kim! Are you going to watch the races! Glad you're off to a good start of your weekend are you moving stuff around for the desk too?

Claire, are you feeling after effects of hyperness today or what yeah, but it was a kids school bake sale, not a professional bakery level of goods, but hey, it wasn't me buying it, but my co worker, I said I had soup so I didn't really need anything but she bought 2 treats of 4 different items anyway.

I'm sad this morning but this is likely cause I'm in bed after waking up and haven't started my day yet and once I do that, I'll be ok.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess it's to be expected in that case, Leanne. I'm ok, just feeling the effects of going to bed late.

I've not been very active today, but I like doing that sometimes.

I'm glad you're doing ok so far Kim. I hope you continue to have a good day.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, did your family go somewhere and you have the time to yourself again?

Ugh, it seems every weekend morning, especially Saturday, my SIL screams at someone so I have to hear it, I'm still surprised no one is hitting anyone, as far as I can tell since I'm not seeing anything, just hearing. I swear, the kids aren't going to improve if she sounds like she's 11 yrs old herself. I'm starting to no longer blame my brother in any way for leaving this environment I'm now stuck living in.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She's lost control if she's screaming. I don't blame your brother for leaving, either. Although it would have been better if he'd helped her find another way of doing things.

Yes, Leanne I'm all alone for three days again. These events are always when there's a national holiday on the Monday. The next one they are going to is not until August, though.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Leanne! The Jr. race is on today, but I'm watching Buffy instead, at the moment. The 2 big races are on tomorrow. I'll probably only watch the Nascar one though.

I hope you feel not sad soon.

As far as your brother, he didn't help her change her behavior-he let her be just the way she is. He didn't raise the kids any better, if he didn't teach them to be any better. So, I hold him much more responsible. He bailed-he didn't do the work. He didn't help repair his family-he ran away like a child, himself.

Claire, quiet days can be really nice. We need them to keep going.

Thanks. I really appreciate the love, and support.

I'm SO glad you guys have the Buffy thread on your board. We're having a great conversation over there. The Angel/Buffy board used to be hostile. It may not be any more, but, I tend to like when I can just talk on one thread.

It's very pretty out right now. Well, except for the hot and humid part. I'm probably going to get dressed and go for a little walk, and sit by the creek, soon.

Kim
Old 05-26-2018, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I mean there is such a thing as people driving others away and now I'm starting to think that only me and my brother know this may be possible. Anyone who hasn't lived with her and the kids may have no clue cause if the images presented in public, not private!

And all this drama was over a licked muffin or something.

Well, I can most definitely say that for real, my mom and dad never yelled at me or my siblings growing up. I can now tell what yelling actually is and my parents never did it and we all ended up a very quiet group of people only two of my brothers married and both SIL's yell or scream at them or their kids. I guess my family was unusual!

Claire, what events did they go to that you don't like going to!

Wow, now it's dead quiet.... creepy.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't forget your brother did that pretending right along with her. He didn't take responsibility for his family, or for protecting the kids from her, and teaching the kids how to behave. They both raised them. She didn't do it alone. Anyway, just a view from the outside.

Okay just read the next sentence in your post-seriously though, your SIL's didn't stay that way on their own. Your brothers didn't stand up to them, so, they basically said "It's okay for you to behave that way, and raise our children that way." I get that it's your brothers, but they are equally responsible. That's all I'm going to say now.

Eww, a licked muffin would more than tick me off. That is a ruined muffin, that goes right to the trash.

At any rate, I'm leaving for a while. I have my own emotional stuff to deal with this weekend.

Kim
Old 05-26-2018, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, it's gross.

I know, failure on both sides.

I'm glad you're watching Buffy and there is a good discussion on it on the Scifi thread

sorry for venting. Take care of yourself
Old 05-26-2018, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They like doing Live Action Role Play or LARP, Leanne. The idea of dressing up and roleplaying whilst staying in a tent with nasty toilets nearby doesn't appeal to me. The kids love it, though.

I agree Kim, both parents should be thinking about the best way to raise their kids.

I'm sorry you need to deal with stuff this weekend, Kim.
I'm glad you like posting on the Buffy thread, that's so awesome!
Old 05-26-2018, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah, I could never do that sort of thing either... cosplay! I can't even be in a costume without feeling weird, let alone playing a role and improvising

I'd be like you, stay in a nice quiet home and play some video games
Old 05-26-2018, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I look forward to my quiet weekends so it works for me. I had plenty of weekends when the kids were little, where I was home with them for the time he was away at these events. Now it's awesome, that he takes them along instead.

I'm not not fond of costume wearing either. I did try one event, but I've never fancied going again.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Do you remember who you were playing as?

Did you meet your hubby cause of similar interests?

I even feel like a wedding dress is like a costume so if I do get married, I'm not sure I'll want to wear one cause I might feel like I'm playing a bride role
Old 05-26-2018, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You make up your own character. I was a part of a family group, all of whom were all friends of ours with kids like us.

No, I met him as we were on the same course at University. We do have a lot of similar opinions about things which is needed in a relationship I think, but I don't do many of the same hobbies as him.

Fair enough. My wedding dress was made for me by my husband's great-aunt, so it didn't feel like a costume.

Still quiet there?

I just went for a walk. I hadn't been out all day.