Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The town I grew up in as a kid had beaches on both side of town. There were massive lakes on both ends of the town, like the town was almost an island but was attached to land on the other ends. It was the Okanagan Valley, plenty of lakes, beaches and orchards everywhere.

I liked beaches til I was about 15

My cat started to stalk me so I had to spray him, now he’s on the floor.

No, I have a cable box for cable, Apple TV is a different box that can let me watch YouTube on my tv and Netflix and movies, music and tv shows I purchased from iTunes. I can also slideshow photos from my computer on the tv screen through it.

Haha, that looks like old school Simpsons! How many smilies have to collected now?
Old 06-02-2018, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Was is sandy beaches, or stones? Was it hot there? Pacific ocean? The one thing I hated about Whidbey Island (which obviously was surrounded ) was that it was all packed down sand, or rocks.

Stalk you to bite you? Mine doesn't bite unless she feels threatened. If she thinks I'm going to step on her, her claws come out though.

Cool. That's what my HDMI cable does. Gets everything on my tv. It's weird when I'm typing on here, though. It's so big on my TV.

1400 smilies, about. Some of them don't post here-so I have to figure out how to get them into my image hosting.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 06-02-2018 at 07:13 PM
Old 06-02-2018, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The beaches were nice sandy ones! with huge lakes. Only Vancouver and the coast has Pacific Ocean access.

Yeah, sometimes my cat goes into stalk mode and he will bite or attack me, that’s why I have to quickly get the water bottle to snap him out of it. When I first got him, he actually jumped onto my chest and face so it’s not a fake stalk. rarely he does it now, he’s usually affectionate and cuddly.

On apple tv, I can also mirror my iPad screen on the tv or play music from my device to the tv. So it’s kind of an integrated media tool! Right now I’m watching YouTube videos on tv, which is convenient cause then it’s automaticslly in HD and I can still use the whole screen of my iPad to read.

I have to think of dinner soon as I had the pho around 1:30 and it’s now past 7 pm.

And the kids are back now.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How does your TV turn non-HD You Tube videos into HD? Or, am I confused, and you're watching Official, or HD videos?

Did the ocean water get warm up there? The water around Whidbey was cold. Va. Beach was awesome. It was so hot, and the water was so nice to cool off. The only thing that sucked was the jellyfish. And the sharks-though there were usually only a few sharks captured near the shore.

I miss seeing the dolphins. And the ships.

What are you thinking about for dinner? I'm eating some packaged popcorn right now, and going through my DVD's. Guess what I found? Yep-those crazy killer clowns.

Kim
Old 06-02-2018, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

you should watch the Killer Klowns, it’s so 80’s and no one starring in it is recognizable and the kills are all clown activity related, plus it looks like a live action cartoon!

My tv and my apple tv are set to automatically play videos and tv at HD at 720p resolution. On my iPad, YouTube automatically plays videos are lower resolution which I have to change each time which is annoying.

I don’t know, But I should choose quick to use the microwave cause I still have to put laundry in the dryer and I can’t do both at the same time. I could have cheese and brocoli soup and crackers or a frozen chicken noodle steamer in the freezer. I also have blackberries and blueberries to eat.

Im not sure if the ocean here is cold cause I never swam in it. it never gets very hot here compared to the south or Vegas!
Old 06-02-2018, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've seen it dozens of times, just not recently. I found The Poseidon Adventure (the real one). I may watch that. Probably not till tomorrow though. And Grease 1 and 2. (2 is my fave).

Ooh, have you seen Ghost Ship? It's one of my favorites. Creepy.

Go for the broccoli soup and cheese. I love blackberries, but they mold too fast. Blueberries, blech.

You've never swum in the ocean?

ETA-I forgot to say I'm glad your cat has calmed down from when you got him. At least some.

Kim
Old 06-02-2018, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No, I’ve only swam in lakes!

Yeah, I should have some soup and crackers sounds comforting. I might have chocolate cherry milk again since I can sleep in if I want tomorrow.

I remember renting the DVD of Ghost Ship when there were still rental video stores and then chickened out cause I knew of the opening scene and it sounded too gruesome to watch stil haven’t really seen the whole movie in order!

I like the 70’s Poseidon Adventure too! Good old disaster movies of the 70’s!

Guess I better get my soup ready!
Old 06-02-2018, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lakes are so much colder, even in summer. I'm all about the ocean temps in summer, and the waves.

Yay for chocolate cherry milk. It sounds like it tastes great, too.

Oh my gosh! I thought I finished this post and sent it. I'm getting as bad as some people.

I only found one scene iffy, and it was gross, but fairly short. It's really creepy to me, and I liked the ending.

Yep! I forgot all about Poseidon Adv. when we were talking about 70's movies the other day.

Have you gotten your soup, and eaten?

I was on FB, messaging goodnight with my cousin, and also my friend in CA. That's how I got distracted. I'm a bad multi-tasker.

Kim
Old 06-02-2018, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I’m full now, I still have soup left which I put in the fridge and I had a few orange slices. So I’ll wait an hour and have more chocolate-cherry milk in a small tumbler later. And it is good, it tastes normal like it’s not at all spiked. (Which is not good really, )

Aww, you got distracted, you’re busy! I’m not, but I do have to start the dryer now. With my sore back, I dislike having to go on the step stool and reach way down and pick up wet clothing. Not easy to do like getting it out of a front loader!
Old 06-02-2018, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah, tasting not spiked is risky. I've never tasted any alcoholic drink that doesn't taste spiked. But, then, I never drank sweet drinks, either.

That's definitely rough on the back. At least my mother still does my laundry so I don't have to try to do that. We clothes are SO heavy.

I do have to bend over the tub and get wet towels off the bottom, to wring out, after my showers though. I have to have towels down so I don't slip.

ETA, okay, I have to lay down, and try to sleep. Stomach and head are not behaving tonight. I hope you get your stuff done, and also enjoy your drink.

See you tomorrow, sweet dreams, and love ya girl.

Kim
Old 06-02-2018, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok, I upped the Baileys amount this time and it tasted more spiked

But I’m still up and typing coherently so that’s good.

Yeah, you don’t want to slip in the shower. That’s sort of a fear of mine.

I hope your stomach and head feel better after sleeping for the night feel better, girlie!

Goodnight, love you too

Hope you had a good night, Claire.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not sure if it was any of my immediate neighbours making the noise last night, I couldn't see anything going on. In which case it was from further away, and must have been very loud! I was okay I use ear plugs at night anyway. I offered some to my daughter but she didn't use them.

My back really aches after the gardening, and I have period pains. Perhaps I should go back to bed!

It's another lovely sunny day here.

I hope you both sleep well.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

How's your back and cramps now, Claire? Ok that's the worst to gave both pains at the same time! Where would you place the water bottle??

I'm awake and getting used to being awake. My back hurts a bit more this morning than it has been... it's so back and forth, it makes me wonder if it will ever actually stop hurting or if it will always come and go at this point cause it feels like forever, I think I've now had it for more than a month.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It might be your back muscles are a bit weak and need some exercises to strengthen them Leanne. Now might be the time to look into that.

I still have cramps. My back seems fine though.

I haven't done much today though. I played Minecraft with my kids for a while. That's good fun.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats on your board winning the challenge... it did win, right?

Yeah I'm supposed to see the doctor soon so I'll have to tell her my back still hurts. Hope she'll believe me cause now I'm wary of her believing me.

I wonder how you exercise a back!

I've never played Minecraft. I think the old school look of it's blockiness throws me off of how to work it,