Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-26-2018, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, it's nice you got out, got some fresh air, and got a walk in. 2 miles is a long distance to me. I'm just glad you're feeling better since it.

Me, I just want to crawl under my covers, and hide from the world, and stay there.

Kim
Old 04-26-2018, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish I could crawl under my covers and sleep, but I can’t when kids are home being their usual noisy selves. Turns out all the kids and a cousin/friend are not at school so I’m wondering if there is some two day pro-d days but my other nephew was home yesterday so I’m totally not getting it!

My lower back hurts a lot that I can’t really bend down to pick things up off the floor like my cat or lift too heavy things. I’m moving like an old lady just cause I had to cough so much lately.

I had a ramen noodle bowl but I used some pho broth instead of the spicy chicken flavouring. Yum, even tho I like rice noodles for pho broth soup.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's not good Leanne. You sound like you've pulled a muscle from coughing. I'll bet your ribs hurt too. Try to not pick up heavy things if it hurts, though.

I'm guessing they have days off for some reason.

I felt like that this morning, Kim. I hope you do get out though, it does help my mood for sure.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, it's too bad you can't learn to sleep with your TV and headphones on. I don't even hear the TV when I'm sleeping, it's just a comfortable sound for me.

Did you manage to get a nap at all?

I lay down for a little bit. Mom put the heat on, and it made me sleepy.

Still raining and chilly here.

Kim
Old 04-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I did sleep for less than half and hour. I got back in bed to ease my back and then drifted a bit! Then my mom texted me to say she was dropping off some dinner for me... a plate of beef stroganoff. That was nice of Her!

I haven’t eaten it yet! It’s still like summer here, we have the air conditioning on.

I tend to listen to whatever my ears can hear, and can’t sleep that way. I think I’m trying to learn how to get used to their noise and sleep through it... some mornings I do.

I took a back and muscle pain pill, good thing I still have those and am waiting to see if that helps any.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, your mom rocks!

I think the more their noise becomes a natural part of your environment (which sucks) you'll start to sleep through it. I hope so anyway.

We're going to be near 80 most of next week, so, I'll be way too hot. I'm too hot now.

I hope that helps your back.

You know, some people are too stupid to talk. (And no, you know I don't mean any of you ).

Kim
Old 04-26-2018, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, my mom is a good mother, that’s for sure!

Yeah it totally sucks that my new environment is sounds of running and jumping and yelling/screaming/swearing... certain kid keeps blowing his top, I think he needs anger management counseling or something. Such a relaxing living environment! I can just imagine what summer will be like when we all aren’t working or schooling for two months!

I bet, some people are and you usually find them on twitter and Facebook, am I right?

it’s fun talking with you and everyone on here, of course
Old 04-26-2018, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think you'll not notice the noise as much after a while. Which is a shame, but, hopefully that will be the case.

Also, hopefully they'll be outside a lot.

Usually, yes. Today, not so much.

Ditto.

Watching anything? Do you have new Young Sheldon tonight? Or, is that a different night?

I'm watching Armageddon. It keeps me amused, without having to pay attention.

Kim
Old 04-26-2018, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The only thing I don’t like when they are outside is I have to close my blinds unless I want them peeking into my windows behind the house cause they like to play there. Don’t like them looking at me in my habitat like I’m a zoo animal!

Yum, what a good dinner I’m having!

Local news is on and I’m waiting for th weather forecast cause the weather here is so hot! It’s like summer heatwave in late April, the a/c is on!

Yeah, Young Sheldon is new tonight, but it’s not on for two hours still so I gotta find something else to watch.

How did you like that Unfriended movie?
Old 04-26-2018, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If you get sheer blinds, they let the light in, you can see out through them, but you can't see in through them-unless you have the lights on behind you.

I'm glad you're enjoying your dinner.

Unfriended. Well, a couple of the deaths were unusual and also gross beyond words. The ending didn't make much sense. But, I liked it up until any of the deaths happened. Also, with the very first death-you'll have to let me know what happened, because I have no clue.

Plus, it was really hard for me to have to focus on the TV, and stare at it the whole time.

Kim
Old 04-26-2018, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that was like watching the tv show Sherlock, cause clues and word ideas would always appear onscreen and if I wasn’t watching the tv the whole time, I’d miss clues in the storyline so no multitasking was possible and I’m used to doing things while watching tv.

When is your car coming back? Why does it take forever to put a camera in it? It’s not good for a whole household to go days without a way to leave the house!

Tomorrow will be my only day at work this week. Weirdness! I also wonder if my coworker will have my weekly gift for me when I get there... or a get well gift since I’m sure she figured that out by now.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I can barely get through an hour program giving it full attention, and that's with being able to fast forward commercials. I kept having to rewind the movie to see what I missed.

We got the car back Weds. afternoon. It has to go back in on Monday, because they didn't put the camera in. I'm not sure what they did this week.

I only have $10 left for the month, and I have to use that to buy dry cat food and my prescriptions. I have my food allotment though, so I can buy some food with that. That's why I haven't been out.

Hopefully it'll be something fun and cheerful that she brings you.

I had to turn off Armageddon. I wasn't in the mood to even listen to it. I'm watching an interview show on the news now. Cartoons later. It's an "I need a cartoon" day.

I ate around 3pm. I should have made something a little earlier than now. Now it's too late to go cook.

Did you eat all of your dinner?

Kim
Old 04-26-2018, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I ate it all and there was a lot of large pieces of beef too. And yet I’m still now eating some more of a hazelnut chocolate bar I bought on Saturday!

And I’m watching Food Network shows on demand for now. Food shows are really good for casual tv viewing if you ask me.

And I keep coughing, but the back pain pill sort of eased the back pain, even tho it’s still there! Sooooo annoying like as soon as I think I’m on the tail end of flu recovery, I get hobbled by my pulled back muscle from necesssary coughing I had to do!

You sure have to watch your budget! I’m not good at being like that, even tho I hardly buy much a lot regularly other than rent and bills and good and gas and cat stuff. Glad you have your food allotment.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay for having an appetite! And dessert.

Gah! I forgot the new episode of Beat Bobby Flay was on tonight, speaking of Food Network.

being patient at recovering from an illness induced injury (do I get points for 3 words that start with an i in a row?) on top of an illness, stinks.

Yeah. Mom's going to have to wait till the end of each month for the extra money she's now asking of me. She's only getting it if I have it left over. Really the only extra things I spend money on are cheap, or Netflix and Amazon-which I'm not giving up since I'm stuck in the house so much. Last month I got my bedding, and even that was not that expensive, and needed, and I still wasn't this close.

Kim
Old 04-26-2018, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, finally eating meals again after having zero appetite and stuff! I really didn’t lose much weight either after that agony waste of illness!

Good for you on the the three “i” words in a row. Alliteration?

Hmmm, even though air conditioning makes it cold down here, it was blocking out the upstairs noise a lot and now they turned it off and I can hear them too well again. I have to remember to use my headphones to watch tv a bit more Often!

Why does you mom have to demand the rest of your money so you can never get ahead and maybe have some leftover to possibly save.?

I know, I just added more channels to pay for even tho I hate how much cable already costs cause being at home a lot other than work and such, I need certain options to watch, especially during my work breaks.