Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-24-2018, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

X-Files Off-Topic #50: This thread is all gold-like a 50th Anniversary gift

50th thread party!

Yes, the title is lame, so, change it if anyone has other ideas.

Kim

Last edited by reason to believe; 04-24-2018 at 07:41 PM
Old 04-24-2018, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason to believe (View Post)
Ugh, the coughing isn’t at all “lady-like” and makes my malaise feel even worse cause I cough so hard it uses non existent energy. I don’t know how I’ll cough demurely if I’m at work... or how I’ll do anything while there. I’m on my back and feel better but when I get up to walk, I feel lightheaded tired out.

Just watching House Hunters and reading and coughing

I’ve nothing else today either.
Hi Leanne.

So you're not calling in tomorrow? I was hoping your cough would be better. What will you do if you get there, and can't work? I'm glad you're laying down.

House Hunters is always good. I was watching it in the middle of the night when I got up to eat.

It's Chopped tonight. Well, at 10pm anyway.

I am going to start going stir crazy if we don't get our car back tomorrow. I haven't been out since Friday.

Kim
Old 04-24-2018, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

hey thanks for starting the 50th thread! I totally don’t get the title, gold is the 50th wedding anniversary thing to give?l 50th is the golden thread! Halfway to 100!

Actually, despite the coughing, at this moment I’m sitting up and I feel not too bad. I’m sure tomorrow will be another story, but I recently ate food so .... energy a bit in my head? Yeah I haven’t put in an absence for tomorrow so I’m gonna try to do it!

And I get ya on the stir crazy! That’s a long time and last time I went out in my car was Saturday for flu related stuff like honey! total hermit since then!

I’m just watching YouTube for now cause I have to catch up a bit on subscriptions!

If I go to work I’m not gonna go home, I’ll just take it easy sitting still and doing slow work. I’ll have to tell people I jusr had the flu and I still feel lightheaded as an after effect. That will probably scare them off though
Old 04-24-2018, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, 25th is silver, and 50th is gold.

Oh good! I'm glad you are feeling better enough to sit up. Oh on eating. I hope work goes well for you tomorrow.

Sometimes I like staying in-but only when it's a choice. Otherwise, I want to go out. It's good you stayed home since then.

I was watching Roswell earlier. I got through a few episodes I think. I paid for it a few months ago, so I should have been watching it.

Well, you do whatever you have to, to get through the day, and do your work.

I'm cleaning my bathroom again tomorrow. Getting that mop to clean the tub, and shower walls, was great for me. It's a pain cleaning that mop with all the strings though.

ETA 10 more posts. Not till tomorrow, I'm sure.

ETA again-can you change the title to 50th "Anniversary" gift, rather than "wedding"?

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 04-24-2018 at 07:39 PM
Old 04-24-2018, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I hate when I get a sudden itch in my throat and then I go into a coughing fit and doesn’t sound pretty! I really hope I don’t get those itches while at work!

I think I can manage to clean the cat box tonight soon, so that’s good, it’s urgently needed!

I got grossed out cause I went upstairs to use the microwave so I wouldn’t have to turn off my tv cause the family was out and I saw two big ants in the kitchen, one on the dishwasher, another on the wall and it makes me scared about what pests my SIL might bring into the house by not being as clean as my dad was. My bathroom ants are teeny tiny but those were big black ones and I don’t want them to spread downstairs!

We are having good warm sunny spring weather this week which makes it ironic for me to have a flu which belongs in the winter! The sun just went down and I still have my window open cause the air is still just slightly cool and nice! I love when I can keep my windows open in the evening and get the cool breeze and it’s light out til past 9 pm! I need to get my bike maintained so I can ride it around the neighborhood soon.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Take cough drops, or some kind of candy, with you. If you have any. Well, they may not help you. They help me though.

I'm sure your kitty will thank you, by promptly using it after you clean it.

Ugh! You're being invaded by our ants!

Did you change the thread title? I haven't checked yet to see if you changed it to Anniversary. ETA- you did! Thank you!

Also, only 5 more posts for me now. I may get it tonight after all.

Kim
Old 04-24-2018, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hell yeah. You will make 5 posts tonight!

I don’t have much cough drops just the rescue remedy lozenges. And they say if you take too many it might have a laxative effect great!

I did change the title!

My cat always likes to jump in the box and use it right after a change!

I always have to remember to subscribe to the new threads ... and tag them
Old 04-24-2018, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

definitely don't want the Remedy lozenges then. That's what sugar free candy does. Blech.

I appreciate that. I couldn't think of the right words when I was typing in the title. For some reason I always panic that I'll mess up titles, like they can't be fixed.

Mine does, too.

Ooh, thanks for reminding me. I have to subscribe, and unsubscribe.

ETA-okay, I'm going to bed. I hope you sleep well, and feel better, with more energy in the morning. Love you!

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 04-24-2018 at 08:39 PM
Old 04-24-2018, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope you have a good sleep too and that you get the car back tomorrow!
That's weird it's taking so long to get a car serviced. I've never had my car fixed over a day in any shop

Thanks, I hope I'm on the improvement scale and can manage work tomorrow

Love you too goodnight
Old 04-24-2018, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Still up here. All by myself on

I tried to sleep, for a while.

Now I'm watching this cool movie (so far). It's horror, called "Unfriended". It's people only on their computers, 5 friends, using Skype to video chat...and, I'm guessing they get killed.

I'm at least going to find out about the killing. Ooh, Viewer Discretion Advised. They are also typing to each other when not talking, and it takes up the whole TV screen. It's pretty cool-like looking at your own computer.

ETA-okay, even if you don't like horror, so far, this movie is wicked cool. You're seeing what she's doing on the computer...searching, posting, messaging. I've never seen anything like this.

Yes, it's late at night, and I'm talking to myself, obsessed with the premise of a movie.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 04-24-2018 at 10:52 PM
Old 04-25-2018, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Morning. I'm sorry you're not sleeping Kim. Belt and braces (I think Americans call them suspenders, but that means something different here) are two ways of holding up your trousers: it means achieving something via two methods to make sure it has been done. Or if one fails the other is a back up method.

Thanks for the new thread!

I have such a headache today! I took a hayfever pill as it's my worst time for hayfever right now. The stuff I'm allergic to is planted right outside town.

I hope you're up to driving/working Leanne I'm worried you're still too sick.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope the movie turned out good, Kim! I have it on Netflix but haven't watched it.

Claire, you're right, I got up and thought I think I need just one more day, my cough isn't congested but I still feel a bit light headed and my lungs are crackly when breathing. And Thursday and Friday are shorter days and I should probably start work with the shorter end times this week.

Hope your headache is done but I'm sorry about your allergies

Last edited by reason to believe; 04-25-2018 at 07:40 AM
Old 04-25-2018, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys Hope everyone is doing well

TFTNT

Kim, that sounds like that one Modern Family episode which I adore. Well, the style of the eppie... of course no one gets killed in Modern Family - except by Phil's lame jokes of course

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 04-25-2018, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My headache's gone now thanks. That seems sensible Leanne.

I've not done much today, but I'm running later so that should make up for it.

I've enjoyed my new game.

My lazy brother has got my husband to get my birthday present, I just hope he pays him back.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, I'm glad you are feeling better with your hay fever. I'm glad you're going running later, and enjoying your game today. That makes for a fun day. Thanks for explaining what that makes-and now it makes sense to my brain. I hope he pays your husband back, too.

Leanne, I'm glad you stayed home. I had to record the rest of the movie-I was too tired to pay attention, but still stayed awake. I hope you're taking it easy today.

Kia, I've never seen Modern Family, but that made me laugh-"except by Phil's jokes". I hope you're having a good day.

My sinuses hurt-but I have to sleep with my window open, or it gets too hot. I finally fell asleep around 4:30am.

ETA on helping me reach 65,000 posts you guys!

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 04-25-2018 at 10:50 AM