Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-14-2018, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Your SIL is just, forgive me, an imbecile. Why wouldn't she check the washer when she's done? I'm no expert on laundry, but I ALWAYS check the bottom of the washer.

So how many loads of laundry are you ending up doing this evening/tonight? I'm so happy the towels feel so great even without a wash. That's a good sign.

No. My back is really bothering me, and I limp. Well, I kind of tilt to the left when I'm walking. Feels like my hip is going to give out, though it's not. Plus, I was like a speed walker, always. Now, not so much.

Still, no matter what, it's good I can still do everything, with a little resourcefulness.

Kim
Old 03-14-2018, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have no idea, it looks like dried grass or something! and it’s a top loader washer and being five feet tall, I can barely reach down to pull stuff out on the bottom, I literally stand on a stool to reach down to get my laundry out so I can’t possibly reach to try to remove what’s actually flat on the bottom of the barrel! So I hope the water and rinse cleans it all out, I don’t want my ivory new towels touching whatever that is!

Well, two loads tonight. I will save my brown smaller towels tomorrow or something. The bath sheets are so huge, probably meant for a 6 foot man

Aww, I was hoping the new hip would let you walk better! glad you haven’t fallen!
Old 03-14-2018, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You really should make a list for her-you know, giving her the common sense she obviously has none of, about all of these things, otherwise you may forget something. Then you won't have to talk to her-just hand her the list, and tell her "These are some of the things we need to work on" or "work on an agreement to".

Ours is a top loader, too, though I have 7 inches on you. Really, it's not your responsibility to have to clean. If it's grass, it's probably going to stay in there a while, so be careful with your new towels.

Cool! The towels will completely envelope you. That will be especially good in winter.

Yeah, I'm glad I haven't fallen, too.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 03-14-2018 at 06:35 PM
Old 03-14-2018, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

dp

Okay, I'll use this post to say I've broken into my container of shrimp. It was still mostly frozen, so I had to run them under cold water to thaw them. But, yummy!

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 03-14-2018 at 06:36 PM
Old 03-14-2018, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, and then I opened the dryer to put my laundry in and discover sand in there. They went to the beach on the weekend so now she did the beach laundry just before I get my towels. I don’t want tiny sand particles in my new luxury towels! I sound like a luxury snob but I can’t even say in public how much I paid for these.

So I gathered as much sand as I could and hope the dryer filter will get the rest! *sigh*.

Adjustments!

One and half hours til X-Files and chips.

I might be able to wash my smaller brown towels before the night is done!

Did we just jinx? So you got to eat your shrimp by accident?
Old 03-14-2018, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You are not a luxury snob. You invest in the things that are important to yo, and that is a good thing.

I thought she was just low on common sense-it's obvious now she has zero common sense, and no sense of anyone but herself. Even though she's doing her kids' laundry, as well as her own, she is the one who should be responsible for that.

I hope you are able to get your smaller towels done, too.

yeah, we JINXED! I don't know about by accident, but, I opened the package. I guess I should have worded that clearly.

I'll probably be in bed in an hour and a half.

Kim
Old 03-14-2018, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

wow, my brain isn’t comprehending things today, so I mis-read two posts from you and Claire with wording today

I clued in later, you just wanted to enjoy them tonight, who can wait for the treatS. I’m still patiently waiting til 8 pm to open the chips and dip. There are only two more episodes left

Yeah, I do not spend a lot often and my towels I had I’ve used since 2004, so it’s not like I’m being wasteful or anything with investing. And I’ve only invested on my bedsheets and towels cause they are the comforting thing in the night and morning on my body for sensory comfort.

Ew, Big Brother is on my tv and my control is too far to reach so I have to get up and get it cause this show is annoying
Old 03-14-2018, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No problem. On a good day, when my brain is actually working, I misread and mistype a lot of things.

I don't know how you wait for treats! You have more self-discipline than I do.

I'm proud of you for investing in the things that feel best for you. Plus, good bedding and good towels will last so much longer. I buy fairly cheap bedding only because my mood changes so often. I did spend about $20 more on my sheets than ones I buy at Walmart, this time. It was worth it.

That's why I only leave monotone shows on. I can't stand most regular TV. Criminal Minds is on here, but I'm recording it. And Mom is recording Chicago PD, so I can watch that in the morning. I told her not to delete it until I've seen it, so she's good about that.

I'm already addicted to it. I fell in with the cast the very first time I watched, which, was just a few episodes before the Olympics.

I'm sorry you've only got 2 more episodes of X-files left.

Kim
Old 03-14-2018, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just don’t want to be full before my show is on to snack!

Is Chicago PD a new show? I’ve only heard of Chicago Fire. But I don’t really watch police/fire/criminal investigation shows often.

I bet you are enjoying those new sheets cause it’s always nice to change things up plus you got a good color for your room, so the sheets and pillow cases? Are purple, what colours are your walls?
Old 03-14-2018, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That makes sense. I watch all of my shows recorded, so I don't have to think about that.

I think Chicago PD was the first. They had a 2 part on last week-which ended on Chicago Fire, and I didn't care for that cast at all, but I wanted to see the end of the case.

My walls are purple-but a cheerful lavender color (a little darker shade though) with no gray tint to it. So, they go perfectly. It had 2 pillow cases. I had to order full size, rather than twin, so they would fit over my foam mattress.

Kim
Old 03-14-2018, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, you have a twin bed and get full sheets and I have a full bed and use queen size sheets

My living room and bedroom are painted blue and warm grey. My bathroom is a light blue with brown tile. And ivory towels!

Wow, you are up later than usual, missy!
Old 03-14-2018, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

always better to have sheets that are a bit big, rather than too tight.

Do you like the brown in the bathroom? Your place sounds very pretty.

Much later for me.

Enjoy X-files, and your chips and dip.

Love you, and I'll see you tomorrow! Sweet dreams.

Kim
Old 03-14-2018, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, these towels take forever to dry when it says dry in low heat! It’s 10:30 pm and I still have to to dry the brown towels! they are so plush!

I do like the brown tile cause it’s sort of tan brown and goes with the light blue walls. Feels like a cottage by the ocean beach sort of feel! Especially when I get the morning sun there during spring and summer! Very bright and refreshing in my bathroom

Love you, hope you sleep well, and Claire and Kia have a good morning waking up
Old 03-15-2018, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Morning! Everyone was very chatty last night!

It's pouring with rain here this morning. I just had breakfast and need to complete my paperwork and change my sheets today. I also want to hoover upstairs as my son was getting asthmatic yesterday.

My daughter's best friend gave me cut daffodils as a thank you for lending her the Harry Potter books, and they are all open now, very pretty.

I slept better, thanks Kim.

I hope the towels came out well in the end, Leanne.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys, sorry I disappeared last night. Just dozed off

And yes, lentils are a bit like peas and they come in many different colours, shapes and sizes I never really used them to cook before (because I only knew them from dishes with meat) so I am kinda excited about all the lovely recipes involving them.

Leanne, running into former inmates, that sounds a bit scary... it would freak me out quite a bit I mean they're not necessarily bad people but it would still give me a weird feeling.

Your place sounds really beautiful!

Claire, I love daffodils... I buy them every week at the moment. So pretty And how sweet of the girl to say thank you with flowers
Too bad it's raining. It's gorgeous here, but a lot colder again.

Take it slow with your hoovering and take breaks for your leg

avi by neel luvs tony