Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-17-2018, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's their backwards, confined, thinking. Don't let them influence you looking out for yourself. You have to be the one to look out for yourself. Don't let anyone shame you, or guilt you, into not taking care of yourself. If your SIL can't follow your rules, start heading up there to cook yourself some real food, and to do your dishes. She probably still wouldn't figure out she's wrong and inconsiderate, but hey, it would be fun.

I guarantee she wouldn't behave like that if your parents were staying there/living there.

Yeah, Mom wouldn't let me go into the kitchen because she didn't feel in the mood to lock her cat up. So, I had to eat my Whopper Jr. cold. She said "You can go in there if you can use your cane". Yeah, if I didn't have to open the door with the other hand, avoid tripping on 2 cats who want nothing more than to get to each other to fight, or have to carry something too?? She *thinks* I should just be back to normal. I'll never be back to what I was before. She just doesn't care.

Okay, so I wasn't done complaining for the day, apparently. Typing it all into my journal wasn't enough today. Don't worry about responding to all of it-I just had to feel like someone heard me.

It was yummy Leanne-my lunch. What did you have for lunch and dinner?

We must take on our jobs. I constantly, still, get asked in the grocery stores (where I worked before my cleaning) "Do you know where such and such is?" I always tell people where stuff is. I'm surprised she didn't just ask you where a book or section was. People crack me up. You crack me up. You have such an amazing way of storytelling.

Kim
Old 03-17-2018, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, what is with her? yeah she doesn’t think that you’d have to use a cane, open the door, prevent two cats from contacting each other and the somehow carry food back in one hand, cane in the other and then somehow open and close your door? It must be so exhausting for her micromanaging your movements and Kevin’s house movements!

It helps to vent to real people sometimes, not just in journals!

I had some toquitos and coffee for lunch and I just had some butter chicken and rice for dinner after Claire and Kia talking about Indian food I’m so influential from other posters.

Yeah, I do like telling stories but I never know If they are written funny though, I have a silly sense of humour about stuff. but it was computer problems she was having so I couldn’t help with that. If she had asked where to find a book, I probsbly could have showed where on the shelves it would be since I know my Dewey classification
Old 03-17-2018, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you. Yeah, it is. I'm going to save for a small microwave. If she keeps it up, I'm going to get a full size fridge. I'll just cook my ramen noodles in the microwave.

It's definitely helped. Sometimes I just need to hear that I'm still sane.

Sounds like you ate well, too. Have you gotten any flavored coffee for your maker? Or, do you just prefer to buy out for yummy flavors that you can't buy from the grocery store? Oh, duh. You said you wanted a change of scenery and some quiet. I hate when things occur to me after I've sent a post.

You tell stories really well, and you're definitely funny. You do humor well. Hm, yeah...computer problems, no so easy. Finding books, for you, would probably just make sense to you-like, you could figure out how to find the right book, just looking at the way they had their books sorted.

Anything good on TV for you tonight? I was watching recorded shows. I guess I need to finish as many as I can-tomorrow is Without A Trace all day and night. And maybe the race.

Kim
Old 03-17-2018, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How is your living area set up? With getting a microwave with a fridge plus tv and stuff all plugged in, you have to make sure it’s ok for electricity or you could overload a circuit. I always have to turn off the tv or washer/dryer if I want to microwave something or the power will go out

I do like flavour in my coffee at home, I have a butter pecan creamer in my fridge but I’d also rather have natural stuff, like real cream, milk or sugar. but today I wante coffee made by an aero press, cause it is smooth and no bitterness when made that way.

I also like cold brew which I can’t make at home, when the weather is hot.

Nothing is on actual tv. It will be nice at the house sitting, cause they have so many more channels than me so I will have a lot more I could watch, but I might rent a movie cause I didn’t do that last night even tho I suggested it last night!
Old 03-17-2018, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have 2 bedrooms. This one has my TV, computer, etc. The other one is where I store things, where my closet is, and where my dresser and the little fridge are. There is also a kitchen size table in there (it used to be my desk-I have 2 tiny ones instead now in this bedroom, also, my bed is in here). The mini fridge is the only thing plugged in in there. I won't actually get a real fridge, unless I have it put in the garage

All of our plugs, circuit box, and electrical are just a couple of years old now.

I'm glad you can have coffee in or out now-that it's an actual choice for you, rather than having no choice but to go out.

How do you rent movies? Off of your cable? I have Fixer Upper on right now. Too lazy to start something, and end up going to bed part of the way through.

Kim
Old 03-17-2018, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Your bed is in the room with your tv?

I rent them either on my cable demand service, then the cost gets added to my monthly bill, they usually cost 6.00. Same for through iTunes on my Apple TV. But those rentals get put on my credit card.

My cat loves sitting and laying on tissue paper or any crinkly sounding paper right now he’s trying nap on the brown packing paper that came in the boxes of books I got delivered. my little weirdo!

Yeah, I tend to like coffee shop coffee more than Keurig made though.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep. Hence "I always sleep with my TV on." Yeah, my computer is in here, too. All of my electronics are.

I only have my debit card, so things are taken off the total right away. Doing that on a credit card would do me in, cause I'd never be able to keep up with it. I'm impressed you're good at that.

I think that's a natural amusement park for cats. Is he sleeping, or still trying to get comfortable? Will he sleep there all evening? April spends most of her time attacking the plastic bags. She's disappointed I bought cloth grocery bags that you use over and over.

It's good you have the choice though, and that you don't absolutely have to get dressed and go out.

I'm up late again.

Kim
Old 03-17-2018, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, is it cause you stopped with the sleeping meds?

My cat is sleeping now on the paper he can be there all evening if he sleeps. Oh now he’s awake, I guess he’s light sleeping and now he’s stretching in his back, still on the paper! he’s just loving it!

The kids have all gone out to a church thing so it’s nice and quiet right now. I’ll save the movie/tv watching for when they get back cause I can use my headphones. Since the house it’s empty, it’s a good time to enjoy pure quiet while online, except my cat’s paper scrunching noise!
Old 03-17-2018, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's because it's light out later, so it doesn't feel as late to me. I think I only took 2 evening naps last week.

haha it's great he's happy and enjoying it.

Definitely take the time to enjoy the peace and quiet. Don't you dare take that bag away from him. You probably love just enjoying his paper noise.

I'm still listening to HGTV. I rarely ever look at my TV

Kim
Old 03-17-2018, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I usually read online while watching tv, while listening to it! Multi-tasking. The only time I can’t do that is while reading a fiction book!

I just made my bed cause I washed my sheets and put my pillowcases on the new pillows. They kind of stink right now with the off-gassing, hope I can still sleep with that smell and it goes away later! Glad I already got the making my bed over with at 7:30 instead of 9:30 when I just want to get into bed!

Sometimes I just end up looking at my cat when he sleeps cause he’s just too adorable
Old 03-17-2018, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I only focus on what I'm reading online. Otherwise I miss a lot of what is being said/posted/tweeted. Plus. Twitter moves SO fast, so when I'm there, I have to pay attention.

I'm glad you got your bed made.

I love watching my kitty sleep. She's adorable, too, when sleeping. Especially when she's sleeping on my bed. She's finally decided my comforter and sheets are okay. She hates new bedding, because they smell funny, even when washed.

Okay, I'm heading to bed. Will probably get on the icon-go-round again tomorrow. I love this one, for the moment.

Sleep tight, and sweet dreams! See you tomorrow.

Kim
Old 03-17-2018, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

All of a sudden, I'm sort of despairing about how long I can live with them. I love my place and the rent and the colours and the lighting, but I don't think I'm gonna handle living long term with them. I'm starting to realise they are dysfunctional and can almost see why my brother can't/couldn't live with them.

I'm starting to think moving out would be better for me no matter what, if I even have to live with a roommate.

My cat is actually sleeping on my bed beside me, I'm surprised he I managing to cause all I'm doing is noticing the new pillow smell. I'm hoping it's not going to give me a headache, it I think I might already have a tiny one.

It's quiet here now, everyone is asleep although they were awake til 10 pm!

My cat makes sleep sounds and sometimes snores.

Your icon is too adorable, Kim
Old 03-18-2018, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My cat loves to lie on pieces of paper too. At the moment she's made a bed on the living room floor on my daughter's old school bag.

Yeah Leanne the living situation does sound impossible there. At least you're house sitting next week though.

Your mum would make me cross too, Kim. She did this before your operation too, expecting you to be completely able-bodied when you clearly aren't. I assume also she doesn't treat your brother like that either.

We had a little snow overnight but there's not much on the ground.

We're planning to go see Tomb Raider at the cinema later.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry guys, I fell asleep watching Jessica Jones... and woke up because someone called me a f ****** crackw**** in my dreams... guess these two could be connected
Mornning!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-18-2018, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, maybe getting out of there for a week or so will help you come to some decisions. I think it will help clear your head.

Claire, doesn't make any sense to me, either. The best I can do is blow her off, as much as possible. Enjoy your movie when your family goes.

Kia, definitely sounds like a dream cause by the movie. What are you up to today?

I was still in bed awake till about midnight. I got up about an hour ago. Looks like a gorgeous day again.

Kim