Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-28-2018, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, I'm just not interested enough to try anything to listen to or watch. Just have Law and Order-Criminal Intent on in the background. Thank you, for the idea though.

It sounds like you might want to start making demands on people-like notice at work, and your SIL.

Theresa, thanks. It's like thoughts aren't even forming in my mind, if that makes sense. Anyway, and extended birthday celebration is the best.

Ugh, Mom just came back here and told me the father next door...hospice is coming to take care of him (he has heart failure, and has gone downhill fast). Normally, that wouldn't be something I'd over, but Kevin and I grew up playing with his kids, and spent lots of time at their house, when we were kids. He was my grandfather's/Papa's best friend. They kept my Papa busy, and kept him company, after my Nana died.

Can I just go back to bed, and get up, and start this whole day over?

Kim
Old 02-28-2018, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

well, that's a bummer, downer, blah!!!

I give you permission to get into bed and tune out if you want, Kim! Sometimes, and I have, gone home from work and went right into bed and into a ball to be "hugged" by pillows and blankets over me, away from the world!! and noise!!!

Do-over day is demanded!!
Old 02-28-2018, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hopefully you have gone back to bed Kim to rest and chill, it should help. Or a warm bath, that should help!
Old 02-28-2018, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks you guys.

I'm heading back to bed, in just a minute.

Theresa, with my hip, and my back, I can't get in and out of the tub, so it's back to bed for me. Hopefully I'll wake up feeling better.

Kim
Old 02-28-2018, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sorry you have had some bad news, Kim! I hope you're feeling happier later on. My leg is a lot better. For the first time in four weeks I can walk one foot in front the other! Even down the stairs. It's still sore and tight, but it's great progress!

Supermarkets sell milk in plastic bottles, Leanne. So I can put them in the freezer, I've done it before. The milkman delivers them in glass bottles, so can't be frozen.

I hope your day goes well tomorrow, Theresa!
Old 02-28-2018, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Claire. I hope so too, I've always had to work my birthday so it would be nice to be off for it

Hopefully Kim pops on a bit later when she's feeling cheerier. And that's fab news Claire
Old 02-28-2018, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

glad you're on the mend, Claire. I'm still worried how that whole injury was caused and how it can not happen again after all this time of trying to heal!

Its now normal weather here, typical rain and warm enough temperature to not expect snow!

I have to get gas for my car after work, but the gas prices just went up really high and I have to guess which one will be cheapest to stop at cause they fluctuate from here to my city, progressively cheaper, but I just missed the lower prices by a day, so

I hope this evening, I get no interruptions to my place and the X-Files episode is fun tonight. Its my only hope to make this day decent!
Old 02-28-2018, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire that's awesome that you're walking on your own.

Theresa, I'm popping in to say hi.

Leanne, I hope you get to enjoy X-files. If not, put your foot down. She obviously can't take a hint.

Maybe put a list of "rules" taped to your door? Then you won't have to deal with confrontation. I don't know if that would work for you, I just know things can't go on like they are. It's not good for you, and your health.

I don't think I'm going to feel any better today, but, I'm still trying.

I had clam chowder for dinner, and toast. My stomach and taste buds couldn't take any real or spicy flavor.

Kim
Old 02-28-2018, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Kim!!

I think taping stuff to the door would seem rude. I think I need to tell her to meet with me after the kids are in bed to go over when I'm home so she knows not to come in. I hate to tell her something as nuts as its important that no one interrupts my down time and personal space after work for my mental health, but it is what it is!
I can't live with someone unlocking my door, its like some unannounced visitor coming and just entering my place, no matter what I may be doing!

I like clam chowder... I think I bought some too. But I need to eat my perishables first before canned meals!
Old 02-28-2018, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you popped in Kim

I've never had clam chowder, is it nice?

Leanne - Hopefully you get the chance to talk it out with her,explain clearly that coming in unannounced makes you feel uncomfortable so you'd appreciate her respecting that.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Theresa, yeah, it sounds so simple to do and say, doesn't it? That's why it seems that it causes such distress to me to figure out how to say it

Hmmm, it depends, I think you have to try clam chowder yourself to decide if its yummy! I first had it when I was invited for a dinner appointment and the host was making it and I said "well, I've never had this before but I'll try it" and so I was brave (cause the idea of clams kinda gross me out!) and tried it and to me, it tasted delicious!!! It's like potato soup with clams as the meat? and other things like carrots or whatever. Its very good comfort food for a cold day!!
Old 03-01-2018, 01:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne: I hope you managed to talk with her about it, it would help your anxiety levels if you get it sorted out.

I'm sorry you're feeling no better, Kim!.

We had no snow overnight, but as I got up it started snowing and it hasn't stopped. My son's school was due to be open, but has now closed for today and tomorrow due to concerns of health and safety. My daughter was worried about walking to school, so my husband is driving her there right now.

Thanks everyone about my leg. It was really feeling better yesterday in a lot of ways. It's good I'm keeping up my stretching exercises. I'm still being careful, as I can still reinjure it, and I still limp a lot of the time, but there's definite progress everyday.

Happy Birthday Theresa!
Old 03-01-2018, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you, so happy work was shut again, to get my birthday off is great

It started snowing again this morning, ice everywhere. My best friend told me she still has to go into work today.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's great! I hope you have a restful, awesome birthday!

I don't think we're likely to get much snow today here, but we're due to get more later and overnight. The temperatures for Saturday have been revised to much colder than originally forecast, so the snow may be with us until Sunday, too. My husband is due to meet a friend in London on Saturday, so hopefully the trains will be ok.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Birthday, Theresa!

Hope you are having a lovely day!

avi by neel luvs tony