Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-28-2018, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm really looking forward to the new X-Files tonight, it looks kind of unique and fun to watch! I think there is not much dialogue in it, so it should be interesting!

My co-worker asked me to consider house sitting for her during Spring Break. She lives in the city over and if I did, I'd have to bring my cat. I'm not sure to accept the job or not cause I've never house sitted although it would be a place of my own during the break so I wouldn't be stuck in the house with the kids at my own place.

But I do like having my own stuff around me too.

Are you having good snow days??
Old 02-28-2018, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Leanne. Well maybe you can have a look at her place before you decide?

It's been a good day. The kids didn't go sledging again. The snow has melted a little, and more snow is less likely now until Thursday night and Friday, which should be a good break. My son is back to school tomorrow.

The milk arrived during the day, but I didn't know. A door to door saleman turned up, and pointed it out fortunately, so I'm now defrosting it.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

and Kia, Claire, Theresa, and Leanne!

I'm glad you guys are able to stay inside and enjoy the weather over there.

Claire, I'm glad you got the printer sorted out, despite no one being helpful at the help center. Icicles are SO pretty! JINX!! I'm glad your milk arrived. Will you have too much now?

Leanne, will she let you bring your cat? I'd think it would be nice being alone for the holiday (especially if the kids upstairs will be home) but I don't like being away from my stuff/space either.

I had a Dr's appointment this morning, then was sore and tired from the walking, so I napped for a bit, and just ate lunch.

Kim
Old 02-28-2018, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, the first thing I said was "I'm not sure I know how to house sit" and then "Well, I have a cat" She said it would be fine. But I'm paranoid he'd barf on their bed or something!

But it would be kind of nuts to pass up having my own "house" instead of going crazy in my small space with the kids also home. I mean, I did enjoy the condo during the long weekend. I'd probably have to see it, just to see if it isn't a hazardous place for a cat, like poisonous plants or whatever.

The thing is, if I did, I can't just go home cause its 45 minutes away drive back and forth if I wanted some of my own stuff. And lugging all my stuff I need and want plus cat stuff. Something to think about!

Glad you got the printer hooked up, Claire, that's kind of tense.

So far, I haven't done anything at work except sign in books. Still feeling weird about last night's "rumbling".
Old 02-28-2018, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Housesitting can be nice, getting away from it all, and to be somewhere else for a bit. I'd second going to have a look and seeing if you'd be ok there.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you can figure it all out, Leanne.

I'm pretty much left alone in my half of the house, with my cat, so, house sitting would just take me away from my space, and stuff.

Kim
Old 02-28-2018, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've never house-sitted so I'm clueless but it sounds like a nice idea

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-28-2018, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I used to be left alone in my place too.

I think I'd rather just go there periodically rather than stay overnight and full time.

You feeling ok, Kim?

Think you will have to go back to work tomorrow, Theresa?

I'm feeling weird today, I've hardly let go of my newly found fidget cube, even at work. I just found it on the floor last night after thinking I had actually lost it!
Old 02-28-2018, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I mostly house sat when I was babysitting for a weekend. I never felt safe in other's houses.

Eh, one of those days Leanne. It's raining again, and, I'm just blah.

I'm glad you found your fidget cube.

Kim
Old 02-28-2018, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We do have extra milk, but I put the extra in the freezer. I can always give to my mum in law if we don't use it.

Good idea to not rule it out, Leanne. You never know.

I hope your mood picks up soon, Kim.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, I have no idea if I will. The South (where I am) is supposed to get a lot tomorrow. I dont want to go in as its my birthday but it will affect all public transport so I probably won't get to see Jon, but I suppose we can do a belated birthday thing on Saturday.

Hey Kim, you ok?

LOL I ended up taking a 3 hour nap today. How can I be more tired when I am not at work?
Old 02-28-2018, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too, I didn't sleep well, and I feel like light headed weird, so I hope its just my short night sleep and not like getting a head cold or sickness approaching. Although I wouldn't be surprised if I just stress myself out into actual illness!

Oh, and of all days to have no ear plugs in my pocket or work bag is there is a Science Fair in the library this morning so constant chatter and action going on, although its "fun action". I'm just doing little things, trying to be in my own mental space at my desk and "tune out" the noise here!!

I'm sorry you feel blah, Kim! At least you can know you have a "blah twin" who understands this.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would have never thought of freezing milk. That's brilliant! A great way so you don't waste it.

Thanks Claire. How is your leg? How are you feeling this evening?

Theresa, I hope you get your birthday off, but at the same time I'm sorry you may not get to share it with Jon. I'm just not feeling great, mentally or physically, today, thanks.

Leanne, I'm sorry you're blah. It's good we have each other.

I just can't keep up with anything today online. Usually I can multitask, but, today I'm having a day where I have to focus on each little thing I'm doing online.

Kim
Old 02-28-2018, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Theresa, I hope you can get work off on your birthday! I think that would be a nice present to you and its still ok to extend the birthday into the weekend with John!!! Double score, if you ask me!! (I always have work off since my birthday lands during summer break!)

Kim. Got any favorite music or shows to focus on? A weird X-Files episode is happening tonight if you want to watch that! Looks very weird, I hear they don't even talk in this one so I'm curious!! Maybe you can nap or cuddle with April!

I'm just being very low key at work today. Too much action in the library today!! I didn't have a reminder or a warning it was gonna happen!

Claire, do you get milk in bags?? or jars?
Old 02-28-2018, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah thinking about it, i dont mind having a longer celebration into the weekend, i would prefer being at home than at work! he will probably still try to head to mine but i said if its dangerous to not risk it.

Kim im sorry to hear that, i did notice you werent on much if you have anything on your mind, im here if you want to vent!