Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-27-2018, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

X-Files Off Topic #43: enjoying the snow outdoors and chatting together indoors!

Old 02-27-2018, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread, Leanne!

Just about to go cook my dinner. It's been a fun day.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I'm glad you guys in Europe are getting snow days! What are you having for dinner? Did you guys go to a hill nearby to go sledding? Or make a snowman?

So Kia, are you still having to stay off from work?

Hi Kim, how you doing??

We had wet snow falling on my way to work. But we still have snow melting on the ground!
Old 02-27-2018, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I stayed in, but the rest of them went to the local sledging hill - it has a bomb crater from the war, and it makes for great sledging! No snowman, though, but this snow is very dry and doesn't stick together very well.

Still very cold, there, Leanne?

I'm having rice and curry tonight.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yum. I miss having "chicken curry over rice" for dinner! That's one of my favorites. If I had a kitchen, I'd attempt to make it!

Its pretty cold still here, but above freezing at least so there isn't really any forecast for heavy snow again so far!
Old 02-27-2018, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, I'm sorry your leg is bothering you. It's hard to not overdo it when you're feeling good. I'm glad you're having a good day.

Sounds like a wonderful time of sledding for them!

Leanne Hi! Thanks for the new thread. I'm glad your snow is melting. Snow is nice for a little while, but then I want it all gone.

What does curry taste like? What's in it? Sounds spicy, which I like. The only rice I eat is fried rice. I can't get near white rice.

It's warmed up some outside. I had to go out to the mailbox. It might just be because the sun is out, but I didn't need the jacket I wore.

Kim
Old 02-27-2018, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT!
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Even though its cold outside, when its sunny, I have been taking my jacket off when I get in my car to drive home!! I'm always better with cold, than hot weather.

You never had curry food? Yeah, its a bit spicy, you can adjust the strength of the spices though to your own taste! It is like a sauce with curry, chicken, sliced almonds. The kind I had was green colored sauce. So good! I like any kind of rice too. I eat almost anything!

(still have to try calamari, though)

Yeah, I don't want snow after the first day snowfall. That's the only time it looks pristine, clean and white. Then its just dirty snow in piles on the side of the road!
Old 02-27-2018, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's the way it seems to go, Kim. A good day will lead to a day when the muscle stiffens up, but it's all good. I haven't had to use the walking stick for days now.

Yes curry is spicy. The taste depends on the kind of curry, I like most of them. I always use wholemeal rice. White rice is too sticky.

Glad you got out to the mail box, Kim!

Stewie -

That sounds better weather, Leanne. Curry is so nice, and easy to do too.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

love the thread title! Quite apt for most of us!!

I didn't make much but i made a little snow owl in the garden Jon wants me to keep the snow so when he can come over, we can have a snowball fight I dont know if i'll have to work tomorrow, the road is clearer but i expect we'll get more tonight.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The temperature is dropping rapidly, too. My daughter is concentrating on her homework right now just in case she's into school tomorrow.

I was just checking traffic reports and there seem to be plenty of accidents and blocked roads around even now. Our bins were supposed to be emptied today, and I'm not sure when they will be able to do it, now. The joys of such weather!
Old 02-27-2018, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire it's awesome that you haven't needed the cane! I'm also glad you enjoyed your dinner. I'm with you-I hate all the disruptions snow creates.

Leanne, I'm better with cold, too, than heat. I will never be as adventurous with food as you are.

Stewie.

Theresa, that sounds like so much fun! Have fun if you have a snowball fight. Cool you made the snow owl.

Seems I'm the only one without snow at the moment. Please, y'all, keep your snow where it is.

Kim
Old 02-27-2018, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

dp

Kim
Old 02-27-2018, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've never had a girly dainty appetite!! I've been one of the boys when it comes to enjoying food.

Which is good, cause alot of people with ASD, some of their sensory sensitivities are food textures. I don't have that one. I also don't mind my food touching, sometimes I'll even mix everything all together! However, I don't like my salad dressing or gravy mixing with other food.

I'm bored at work! Not much happening over here!

Not sure if I'd like a snowball fight, I think I don't like things being thrown at me cause I wear glasses and don't want anything hitting my face!

But I do miss sledding, that was pretty fun... however now I don't think I have the energy for walking back up the hill for another round. I only like going downhill on things like bikes. Uphill isn't too fun
Old 02-27-2018, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've never liked snowball fights, either. I think it's nicer in playing in the snow if you don't have cold wet stuff down your neck! I always liked to build snowmen, though.

I'm not girly with that kind of thing either, something I was commenting on earlier today. Because my daughter's the same.

Hoping the snow keeps away from you, Kim! Yes, I need to move fairly often, sitting still too long isn't good for me, but I've got used to that over the past 4 weeks!