Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2018, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I have no idea about it. We would get a lot of British programming when I was a kid. I remember Rainbow, Simon Drawings, Danger Mouse, stuff like that. But can’t remember Adrian Mole coming over here.

I’m just watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and had my first cup of coffee from my keurig, it was pretty good! Nice to just have one without having to go out for it. And if I wanted I could have as many cups in the day as I want!
Old 02-17-2018, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never could get into Curb Your Enthusiasm. I didn't like the main guy. I'm glad you are enjoying it. It's always good when we find a new show we really like.

Sorry I haven't been back around Leanne. I've just been SO cranky this evening. I had to take my 3rd anxiety pill just to calm myself down. I'm allowed to have 7 a day, but usually I just take one.

I decided, because of it, I'm not doing any dusting in the Living Room, and I'm not going to decorate it, or put my Barbies in there. I just don't care-it's not my room, and I'm not taking care of it. So, that's my drama for the day.

The race was good, my only escape. It was long though, it went into Overtime 5 times.

Just got up from a nap.

P.S also decided I'm going to Burger King tomorrow to get my birthday dinner from my cousin.

Kim
Old 02-17-2018, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

was wondering where you were all day! Sorry, your cranky! Just an off day?

Yeah, just pay attention to your own place, not the living room if it’s not yours why dust it?

That’s a lot of overtime, wow! I’d end up getting bored when something doesn’t end in a good time.

I’m sort of annoyed myself cause my SIL unlocked my door without warning to put something in the laundry cause a kid had an accident and I don’t like the idea that any time, she can just come in while I’m at home, emergency or not, I had no warning. I thought she’d do laundry when I’m at work, but not unlocking my door and entering while I’m at home, is that even privacy? I’m half annoyed but half, eh, no big deal! But yeah, not really a fan of someone unlocking my locked door to my place, I could have been doing anything in my own space, including being underdressed or whatever!

Yum, I hope you do go get your chicken burger and onion rings ... I think you said onion rings
Old 02-17-2018, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was just so fed up with my mother-like, she did a gazillion things today (only 4 really) that were just wrong, and are things I can't clean up. Like, she put 3 huge boxes with my old journals in them (that were in the bedroom she stole from me, on shelves, cause you know, she doesn't have 80% of the house for her stuff) and I can't do anything with the boxes. I also can't bend over and pick the books up to figure out if I want to keep each one. She also left a bag of trash in there, telling me it was too heavy, and that I needed to buy my own trash bags and split it up into 2 bags. If it's too heavy for her, how does she think, with my surgery and my back, that I could do anything with it. /rant over

Don't think you have to respond to all of that. I just had to say it to someone other than myself. Thanks for listening.

Luckily the overtimes were exciting (only 2 laps each, but they kept wrecking after 1 lap ) and every time it looked like a different car would win.

that is NOT privacy, and that is NOT okay. Not at any time when you're home is that okay. She has no business doing that. As you said, you may not have been fully dressed, or maybe you like strolling around your place naked for all she knows!!! (Yeah, I know that's an extreme example ) It's just...like I said, it's not okay. Not for any reason, unless it were an emergency. She, at the very least, needed to knock, and wait to see if you answered. What if you were sleeping and she just came in and woke you up? I think you're going to have to have a talk with her, and reach an agreement.

I'm getting my chicken sandwich (they're 100% white meat now) and my onion rings. Got to have those onion rings. With my own money I'll get chicken nuggets and the mustard sauce (to put in my fridge-I like them cold) and another chicken sandwich, or a whopper, to heat up for dinner.

I had Ramen noodles tonight. She went and got them Chinese food for dinner, and told me I could have some of the leftover spaghetti from last night. I didn't eat it on principal. Plus, she hates wasting leftovers, so I was punishing her.

P.S. I JUST read the title (I didn't see it before) and NOW I get the Three's Company reference.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 02-17-2018 at 07:58 PM
Old 02-17-2018, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha, that’s funny, you punishing her by not eating what she said you could eat. but she wouldn’t share the Chinese food? Mean! And yeah interesting how she can’t use logic about if it’s too heavy for her to pick up, it wouldn’t be possible for you! times like those, I could use a punching bag or something.

Yeahs I hate having to figure out a way to say it without being annoyed sounding because I am and it’s hard for me to hide my true feelings and find a way to not be blunt. I was almost crying cause of that combined with the kids jumping and being ridiculously loud not long ago and thinking how this is my life here... loud pounding kids and someone just unlocking my door when I’m here!

I have enough food for now I don’t need to get any fast food. But I like dipping chicken nuggets in the hot mustard sauce. And I’m a bit worried the place I get pho closed down. Twice, I’ve driven past and it was oddly closed... hoping it’s a temporary thing and not permanent.

Last edited by reason to believe; 02-17-2018 at 08:15 PM
Old 02-17-2018, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hm, I need a punching bag, too. At least the anxiety medicine helped. No, she wouldn't share Chinese food. The funny thing is, she didn't ask me if I had money and wanted anything.

I watched some Looney Tunes on DVD, and now I'm listening to some music on You Tube.

I had the same problem just in my room, and I understand wanting to cry. When I get angry, or frustrated I cry. It's a huge invasion of privacy. Maybe in a day or two you won't be so annoyed, and will be able to talk to her. I'm furious for you.

Oh no! I hope it's not closed, too. Have you tried looking for news online? It's strange that it's been closed twice, and that there wouldn't be any news.

I'm up really late. I guess a late nap will do that. I took my medicine a bit ago, so I'll probably get sleepy soon. Tomorrow is the first main race of the season, and I have to not be napping during the afternoon when it comes on.

Kim
Old 02-17-2018, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hm, I need a punching bag, too. At least the anxiety medicine helped. No, she wouldn't share Chinese food. The funny thing is, she didn't ask me if I had money and wanted anything.

I watched some Looney Tunes on DVD, and now I'm listening to some music on You Tube.

I had the same problem just in my room, and I understand wanting to cry. When I get angry, or frustrated I cry. It's a huge invasion of privacy. Maybe in a day or two you won't be so annoyed, and will be able to talk to her. I'm furious for you.

Oh no! I hope it's not closed, too. Have you tried looking for news online? It's strange that it's been closed twice, and that there wouldn't be any news.

I'm up really late. I guess a late nap will do that. I took my medicine a bit ago, so I'll probably get sleepy soon. Tomorrow is the first main race of the season, and I have to not be napping during the afternoon when it comes on.

Kim
Old 02-17-2018, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I only had one cup of coffee today cause she came in and I didn’t want it to smell like coffee when she just came in without warning I sort of wanted another one but didn’t want to have one too late in the day.

Yeah, I had some tears come out of my eyes from frustration and I’ve kept the caterpillar close cause it’s hard to get too upset if I’m smelling something I like

I haven’t checked for news but I noticed a piece of paper on the door that says something but for me to read it I’ll have to park there and walk up to the door to read it. I’m just gonna give it more time. But I’ll be disappointed if they closed cause it was good for takeaway pho.

You are better than me cause if I was you, I’d be arguing with your mom continually... probably until she’d slap me cause I don’t shut up when extremely angry when someone is acting completely ridiculous and thinking you can just clean up and lift things easy peasy or not even asking if you’d like to buy something while ordering food. You are better than me, girl, just saying

Last edited by reason to believe; 02-17-2018 at 08:33 PM
Old 02-17-2018, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, thanks for saying I'm better than you, but I don't feel that way. I still feel angry, and again, now I'm going to punish her by leaving the stuff right where it is. And that she won't even share trash bags with me?

I don't think you should have to hide anything. It's your place, but I do understand why you want to, or feel like you have to.

Maybe they're family owned and on vacation? I'd stop and check the sign, but I'm persistent like that. And stubborn.

Definitely keep your caterpillar near.

Okay, my eyes are starting to blur, and I'm misspelling every word and having to back up and fix it.

So, I'm going to say goodnight. . It's been awesome to rant with each other tonight. Hopefully you feel a little better too.

See you tomorrow.

Kim
Old 02-17-2018, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Goodnight, Kim! Hope you sleep well!

I’m still trying to calm myself cause I get so disturbed about invasion of privacy for myself and how to explain it to her without sounding offensive. I don’t like I’m in this position either. So I’m gonna try to not dwelll on it but it’s hard to get over for me quickly.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne just be calm and work out what you're going to say first. Make sure you say it's not ok for her to walk into your room. Say that you expect her to knock first, and not come down unless before or after a certain time (you specify). And approach it by saying we need to make an agreement if we're going to live in this house together, or something like that.

Kim you need to be firm with your Mom too. Avoiding an argument isn't going to work, in this case. Point out that you got injured last time you had to lift heavy things, maybe.

My leg has really got stiff. I had a bath this morning, and tried to straighten it. I think I made some progress. I still have to be careful to not hurt myself as it's not fully healed, but I think gentle stretching whilst sitting is going to be needed. My main problem now is the fact I can't put my foot flat on the floor.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, I think you're right about your leg. Sitting and doing some exercises, carefully, will be something that will help you feel better. In the meantime, it makes me sad that you're hurting.

Pearl Harbor is on one of the movie channels. Every time I see it, and hear the them song, it makes me think about where I chose my username, and I can't believe it's been 16 years.

I can't believe I slept till 8am. It's been so long since I've done that.

Anyway, at least I feel better, and feel like doing a little more cleaning, and heading to Burger King around 11am. Some days I don't think I can handle going out, and avoid it. I have to prepare myself mentally on the days I have it planned.

Kim
Old 02-18-2018, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's ok, Kim. I'm using my cane to push and pull the muscle against whilst sitting, and I eventually could just get my foot flat to the floor when standing normally. That sort of exercise seems to be needed now.

My son is keen to start painting his room. They've got the shelves down and he's sorted through his books. He's worried about not sleeping in his own room for a few weeks, though. It's funny what he worries about. I'm hoping I'll be able to help when I'm a bit more recovered.

I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope things go better today.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad the exercises are helping, and that you're able to put your foot flat on the floor again. Yeah, it seems like exercise seems to be helping you. I hope your son does okay. Why can't he sleep in his room for weeks?

I had the best chicken sandwich ever from BK. It was a Western chicken sandwich-with mayo, barbecue sauce, cheese, bacon, and onion rings on it. I also got an order of onion rings, and one of fries.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 02-18-2018 at 12:07 PM
Old 02-18-2018, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Kim do you eat them at the BK or just go through the drive thru and enjoy at home? Sounds good, I haven't eaten yet but I stilll have two more pieces of chicken and another box of mashed potatoes. Hmmm, I'm starting to think I could be happy just eating these daily

Hi Claire how long have you been dealing with your muscle now! Seems like forever! But I'm glad you can put your leg flat and I'm glad you have a tub to help with baths for your leg. I don't have a tub to use so if I got an injury like yours, I would be screwed for that treatment!

The kids and SIL didn't go to church like I thought they would so it hasn't been a quiet Sunday morning of peace for me and I woke up at 7 am and haven't been able to sleep in at all. E.T.A - I spoke too soon, they left now apparently and the dog is now freaking out about them gone cause he's barking and howling why is my life so dumb at home now? First time I've heard the dog bark!

Last edited by reason to believe; 02-18-2018 at 11:43 AM