Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2018, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm happy to hear the bath has helped make the day bearable, Claire. That's a good, positive thing.

Thanks. I'm sure I'll be gone a while, it's an hour there and back, plus waiting an extra hour there for the cab to come back, so it may be around 3pm my time.

That was the one thing I love, and hated, about the hospital-not physically being able to get in and out of bed when I wanted. But, there was TV, and coloring lol.

What are you watching? Whatever it is, I hope you're enjoying it. When do you think your husband will be back?

Kim
Old 02-08-2018, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope everyone is feeling better

I know the feeling of being stuck. I have been forced to lay on the couch since Tuesday and it sure looks like it is going to be another week of just that since the nerves are not calming down.
Seems like we are all getting a lesson in patience

Claire, did you go to the doc again? Maybe he can help with the pain.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-08-2018, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kia Sorry you're stuck in place, and especially that you're suffering with the nerve pain. I hope you get to feeling better sooner rather than later.

I'm sitting here doing anything I can to avoid finishing getting ready. Ride will be here in 25 minutes though, so I guess I better. Bleh.

By the way, patience sucks.

Kim
Old 02-08-2018, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We all need a healthy dose of patience at the moment to be sure.

I've just made dinner and feeling really good. I bought a new telephone, because the upstairs handset died last week, the one in the kitchen stopped working some years ago, so I thought it was time to replace the whole thing. It arrived the post today so I've replaced the old one this afternoon. I've also been using the crutches.

My husband had to change his plans so he's not leaving until tomorrow. That's good news for me!

That sounds awful Kia. I really hope the rest is helping.

Hopefully chat to you later Kim. I really hope you don't get too tired.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't hear you were sick or you were going to outside PT, Kim, I guess I missed it!! I hope it goes well. At least you can get out of the house during the ride... sounds long!! Hope you aren't the carsick type!

They won't forget and leave you though, cause its their job and they have to do their job right in order to keep it!!

Still keeping in a chair, Claire? Or are you able to handle working with crutches?

Of course the cat vomits on any carpet he can find then the easy to clean floor Poor thing being sick though!!

I was pretty fine last night. I am sleeping so deep, I'm having realistic dreams and finding it hard to wake up even tho I'm fine in the day.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Some of the time Leanne. I've being moving around more today though. I was a little worried of the muscle shortening up due to inactivity, but I've been very careful to not make it worse. The whole thing is so bruised it's really sore.

My cat will run across the floor in order to be sick on the carpet, it's very annoying.

It's been a better day today though. I'm feeling happier despite feeling really tired and weepy this morning.

Sometimes it's the type of sleep we get rather than how much which can make you feel tired. Hopefully the dreams aren't because you're waking up a lot though. I find it interesting having a fitbit, because even on nights I feel like I was awake a lot, I was still getting plenty of sleep. It was just getting very disturbed so I feel quite tired from not getting enough of the deeper sleep.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys I must have missed a lot! Jon was at mine yesterday and I was pretty tired, the kids have been so badly behaved this week,its been very physically strenuous

One more day to go anyway, just parent teacher consultations to go
Old 02-08-2018, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't wait til spring break cause it's two weeks but mid March! Then again, I shouldn't imagine I'll be sleeping in or having a restful time cause of the kids now living above me making their noise cause I'm assuming they will be off school at the same time. in some ways I hate this new life before it even starts,,, and it starts Saturday when they start officially moving in. I wonder if I'll go nuts eventually, or if they will mellow out.

My cat will barf on the chair he's sitting on or the bed so I always keep my bedroom door closed when I'm not there now. He will not bother to move himself where he is apparently,

I'm working as slow as I can to draw out the work I'm doing cause I don't have all that much to do on Thursdays when in reality I can work fast and finish things so promptly it leaves too much time left
Old 02-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm home! I'm free! I'm free! The only thing he said is to do as much walking as I can, mostly with the cane! I can drive, and, instead of seeing me again in 4 weeks, he doesn't want to see me until the yearly check up. He was surprised that I was doing so well. He told me just take breaks and sit when my hip tells me to.

Also, the cab driver parked around the corner and waited for me. Long drive there and back, but I'm home.

Claire, I'm so glad you're using the crutches and they're helping. YAY on getting dinner made, and also getting your phone setup, and a whole new set.

I'm glad you're feeling mentally better. Being sad, and frustrated, makes things so much harder to handle. I'm just glad you're doing better now.

Leanne thanks! I just did too much yesterday. The outside PT, where I used to go, was just a possibility, but he said I could do my exercises at home.

How are you doing today? I'm having extremely vivid and realistic dreams, too. Maybe it's the season. It's a shame when we can't do our usual best at work, just so we don't finish hours early.

Theresa, Sorry the kids have been wearing you out. I hope Jon's visit went well. Parent consultations would stress me so much. Hopefully they're reasonable with you, and grateful.

Kim
Old 02-08-2018, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ive done parent consultations many times, but my colleague will be there with me, so its easier

All great news Kim! Im so happy for you

Hi Leanne Hopefully the kids arent so bad on you.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's so great Kim! I'm so glad your day went so well! I knew you were doing so well. I'm so happy for you!

Thanks. I also rang my mum. She is still in a load of pain with her back, and needs an operation. She has decided to go private so that she doesn't have to wait too long for the operation. My parents are able to afford that kind of thing fortunately.

Leanne I think your worry over this issue could be due to the fact you haven't got much to do at work. There's no point worrying about what is going to happen, or whether you will cope. Wait until the problems arrive, and deal with each as they come or you'll be miserable all the time anyway. Try some distraction techniques. And of course vent to us.

Sorry to hear it's been a stressful week Theresa. Tomorrow will be stress free at least.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Theresa, Oh I'm glad to hear your co-worker will be there with you. It helps to have someone else. True, I hadn't thought about you being used to doing them pretty regularly. Go you!

Thanks.

Claire! JINX! Well, at least your mom will be able to have the surgery, and soon. How are you feeling?

Thank you.

Leanne, yes! What Claire said!

Also, racing season starts on Saturday!! I can't wait to see the cars on the track, and the drivers-especially my drivers.

Kim
Old 02-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I missed a lot - how is your leg Claire?

Kim thanks, its not too big a deal. I am hoping to see my head tomorrow, she's twice rescheduled it, its such a pain
Old 02-08-2018, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're going to be an old lady by the time your head makes it to that meeting.

My birthday package from my RL best friend just got here. She got me a stuffed Peter Rabbit. She just knows me too well-I get obsessed when a new character like that comes out.

Kim
Old 02-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, Kim, sounds like you're having a great day and you're in a great mood. It makes me happy when I see how good a day you're having so glad you can drive again great news for you! Yes!!

Thanks, Claire, you are right, of course. It's true if I just worry about stuff before it even really is happening, I'm already miserable, so I have to assume better and distract with pleasant things.

Good luck with those parent interviews, Theresa. Are the parents of these kids usually thinking their kid is a special snowflake or do they acknowledge it's their kids with the problems and not the teachers being all mean to them?