Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2018, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Kim. It's really tightening up. I had to spend some time gently stretching it. I also had a hot bath which helped. I can really see the bruises coming up now.

I walked down to the town and did a bit of light shopping. I also got an over the counter strong topical gel to put on my leg after a discussion with the pharmacist. I also got a guide the TV courage of the Winter Olympics. I love watching that!

Other than that I've been resting today.

I'm hoping you will get your independence back.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Claire.

I'm glad it's feeling a bit better, that you got out for a while, and that you got something for it. Feel better soon.

I'm glad you got your guide to the Winter Olympics. Especially since you like them so much. I prefer the Summer games, but I actually do love skiing, and ice skating.

What's your favorite event during the Games?

The nurse said the surgeon might approve me to drive on Thursday. That would be amazing news.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Ugh, Claire, who knew one simple normal walk would end up with this ongoing pain and torn muscle!

Kia, I only plan to take my cat over to the condo for the 3 day long weekend... too much ordeal to get him into a carrying case just for a 2-3 hours condo stay. He would not appreciate that!!

Good morning, Kim! hope your final PT visit was good, although I know you have one tomorrow too. I remember driving after surgery... felt every bump possible that I never usually feel when driving on a road!
Old 02-06-2018, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

I like Olympics Summer or Winter. I like the skiing but there's so many types of that now. Ice skating and bobsleighing are good too. I don't know I'll watch and try to decide which is my favourite.

I hope you do get permission to drive, Kim!

Unfortunately I'd done a load of different exercise on the day I did it Leanne. I'm sure it's my own fault.

Hope your day is going well.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

Leanne, ah, two different things. I see. Thanks for clearing that up BTW I think for all the kitty talk we certainly don't have enough pics here!!!

Kim, yay, driving!

Claire, that sounds really painful! How did that happen?
Hope you will feel better soon!

And for me it's nerve inflammation. I am supposed to lay in bed and not move But meds are okay
Old 02-06-2018, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

I did it by doing a sudden movement whilst crossing the road. But I'd also been doing lots of other exercises during the day, which may be why it was in a position to be torn in the first place.

The only real treatment is to rest it.

That sounds painful, Kia! It must be frustrating to have to lay in bed.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, I think that's smart-only taking him for the long weekend. Don't want him thinking that's a new home. I'm sure he'll be fine at home.

Hopefully driving won't be any more jarring that riding in the cabs, and in the transports. The transports you can feel every bump.

Claire, I'm usually pretty interested in what I do see of either Olympics, but I tend not to keep up with what's on when.

Kia, sorry your nerves are involved. That makes pain so much worse. Try to take it easy, though I know it's hard.

The last PT appt of the day, she was an hour and a half late, and didn't even call. I had just fallen asleep when I heard the doorbell.

More than anything I just have to remember to pay attention to what I'm doing, and to not rush doing anything.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Well, that's kind of sucky that the last appointment, she slacked on you, Kim! Sounds like how the cable guys set a time to come and then come at 5 pm when you took some time off work to be there or whatever.

Kia, ouch, nerve inflammation sounds really painful. Nerve pain is so bad!! (I think I only really experienced that kind with toothaches and infections)

I prefer the sports in the Winter Olympics! I still remember when the winter olympics were taking place in Vancouver in 2010. I saw the torch go through my city and went into the big city among the ocean of people in the streets!! To do what really?? Who knows, I didn't see any actual events of sports,

I'm in a stimming mood, ugh. The kind that makes me feel worn out with the energy.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, lots of energy exhausts me. I can only imagine what you go through. I hope it lessens some.

I have such a migraine coming on. to the hospital for making my migraine prevention medicine disappear, and me taking so long to realize it. Bleh.

Yeah, waiting for any kind of service people who are constantly late, when you've taken time off to be there, suck.

And at the telemarketers who call when we're on the Do Not Call list.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Yeah, well I calmed down a bit cause I got into "tagging" alot of the threads here, which I realize I've never been doing as a moderator yet!!! So I just spent some time tagging all threads with some search tags. Hands busy typing, not stimming!!!

Lunch soon, going to get some soup, I think!

Oh no, Kim!!! You need that medicine, I hope you can make the migraine manageable. I hate to think of you suffering it out like that!
Old 02-06-2018, 12:03 PM
Elite Fan

I saw the 2012 Olympic flame Leanne, it was awesome! We had to get the kids up really early to go see it, so we had time to them back for school afterwards, but it was worth it to get to see it!

Sounds like a good housekeeping task for the board, Leanne. I've done a bit of that on my board too.

I'm sorry you're getting a migraine, Kim.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

yeah it was fun and that same day, my nephew was born too so it was quite the day!!!

Ok, so that didn't last long!!! I'm back to needing to jump or run a bit, but since I'm at work, I started stimming again really hard!! ... is what I feel like and I don't even know why!! Thank goodness its lunch break, time to get in my car and at least drive to get some soup!!! And then maybe shelve some books to walk around the room (and maybe jump, if no one is looking or out the window )
Old 02-06-2018, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh Leanne! I COMPLETELY forgot to mention you doing that about the flame! That is such an awesome thing to do! It doesn't matter if you didn't see any of the games or not-that's a part of history. Cool that your nephew was born that day, too.

Glad you got busy tagging some threads, and I hope getting out for lunch will help with your energy. What kind of soup?

Claire! You got to see the flame, too, and with your kids. That is such a cool experience.

Thanks you guys. I lay down for about half an hour, so that helped some. Hopefully eating will help, too.

The only things I really remember as a kid were the college football games, city parades which I did baton twirling in ( I still own my baton). and raft parades along the river every year. That's all my real things I saw as a kid, but were lots of fun.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:48 PM
Communications Team
Doing wrong things right

Hey guys

Kim - that's great if you can drive on Thursday! Where would you go?

Hey Claire and Leanne

So work was fine, but my meeting with my head was cancelled because get this, my head had to go home. Talk about irony!

Just three more days then a week off work. We have a works drink do on Friday. I cant stay long but I'll probably go as I haven't been going for a while.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Oh, so ironic, your head had to leave and cancel the meeting about others having to go off work!! Maybe that will help them see you're all not infallible human beings!!!

Whats that? A bar/pub happy hour??

Kim, I had some potato leek soup... I didn't know they had that kind at Tim Hortons but they did and it was soooo good for a fast food shop soup! It had chunks of potato and tasting really lovely!! Yum! I also got an apple fritter donut for mid afternoon snack!

It did help my energy overload to eat and then I did walk around shelving and I did do some... uh, jumping in a place hard to see for a few seconds!! It just helps, ok?

I did baton twirling for fun as a kid, but not a part of parades or anything!