Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2018, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

is running really slow for me-I had trouble getting it to load.

Theresa, that sounds like a good plan. I hope your meeting goes well tomorrow. I have a really hard time getting over people behaving towards me in that way.

Leanne, good for you for taking care of yourself. I'm glad you're warm, and in the quiet now.

Claire, will you be able to get up for bed? How awesome of your husband. I'm glad you got some. Yep, I like cake too.

Just eating dinner now. Or, just finished getting it ready.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:38 PM
Pirate Detective

That sounds for the best, Theresa. Hopefully it will blow over. I've had bad moments with my family from time to time, so I sympathise.

He is lovely to me!

is running really slow right now!

The cake was lovely, Leanne. Thanks for the concern, I think the muscle is tired. Apparently it should take two weeks to feel normal again.
That sounds a nicer place to work for sure!

Kim: I'll be able to get up with my walking stick, but if not I have a strong man here to help me.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Cake

Kim & Leanne, yes, the spa was incredibly relaxing.
Somehow managed to worsen my overall health situation though and the doctor made me stay home this week. :/ I hope my painkillers will do their magic

Theresa, sorry to hear about the drama

Claire, I feel like I am not up to date here. What is going on with your leg? Last I knew was restlessness but that sounds like a whole other issue now.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Yeah, I'm just lucky I'm doing things that I can relocate myself yet still get my work done.

I'm a bit worried for when I won't have this processing work and I'll have to do the circulation again here with this nuts environment and when after I get home on Mondays, the kids at home will be just as noisy and I can't remove myself from my own home.

Anyway, yeah, feeling better now being in the staff room. So peaceful!
Old 02-05-2018, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

That sounds good, Leanne

And I am sure your strategies to get some peace and quite will keep on adapting
Old 02-05-2018, 02:10 PM
Communications Team

Kim I have a hard time too. My dad never ever apologises, so Im finding that hard to accept.

Hey Kia, Leanne, Claire

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
no importa cuán mala sea tu vida, al menos no eres ella.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

I just cheered myself up totally cause I remembered next Monday is Family Day which means I don't have to come back here for two weeks after this day is over!

I'm sorry to hear, youre sick that you have to stay home all week, Kia!

Old 02-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks, Leanne!

And yay, Family Holiday!

Theresa

The meds are making me tired...
Old 02-05-2018, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so sorry to hear you're hurting Kia. Sending you feeling better thoughts and energy, and I hope you get to feeling better soon. Yeah, pain medicines will do that.

Theresa, I've dealt with a step-father like that. I have zero patience for it around me, now. I know you're strong, and you'll get past it. I also know you won't forget it, and I think that's normal. I just want you to feel better.

Leanne, for not having to go back for two weeks. How's your evening going?

I just finished watching Lucifer, and am watching Antiques Roadshow right now. Lucifer was much better last week in the comedy part, but this week moved the story along. It's just an amazing cast-and I like every single character, a lot.

I went to sleep, after dinner, and set my alarm to get up to watch it.

Tomorrow morning I have the nurse, who will discharge me from care. Also the other help I have will discharge me after her. My last at home PT is Weds.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Kim, is it ok for you to be discharged now? You feel ok with that?

I just had the rest of my pizza at the condo and will finish off the asparagus a bit later. I love being here instead of the noisy house, but I do feel guilty for leaving my cat alone after I was already gone all day at work. Is this cat-mother guilt?
Old 02-05-2018, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason to believe (View Post)

Kim, is it ok for you to be discharged now? You feel ok with that?

I just had the rest of my pizza at the condo and will finish off the asparagus a bit later. I love being here instead of the noisy house, but I do feel guilty for leaving my cat alone after I was already gone all day at work. Is this cat-mother guilt?
Leanne, I don't have a choice. Insurance. But truthfully, I'll be glad to be done. They hardly spend any time here any more, because I'm pretty much doing everything myself, and my heath is the same every time they each (all 3 check my vitals every time they come) are really better than they ever have been.

As for my PT exercises, and walking with the cane, I do all of that twice a day. I do not want outpatient PT, cause I do the same exercises there as I do at home.

I'll just be glad to get on with my life.

I think it's a combo of cat mom guilt, and the fact that they're helpless, and we wonder if they're scared, or lonely, etc. He was good the time you were on vacation, so I'm sure he's fine. Probably just getting used to the noise. Yeah, absolutely cat mom guilt.

Enjoy yourself there. I'm glad you liked your pizza so much, and are enjoying the quiet. Gotta take quiet where, and when, you can get it.

Okay, was just popping in to say hi before bed, cause I missed you. Also, wanted you to know why I disappeared, cause I was sleeping.

Sleep tight, and have sweet dreams.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Thanks for popping in, Kim, I miss you too in the evening but that’s a fact of the time zones!

It was just sad for my cat cause he was all over me when I stopped by to get the key for here so I let him cuddle with me for a bit and then when he was in the laundry room, I opened my door to leave and I saw his face looking out the door at me like “where you going??” I’m sure he is sleeping on his blanket anyway right now.

Have a good night and sleep
Old 02-05-2018, 11:55 PM
Elite Fan

Leanne, wasn't the original plan to take him along? I feel like I keep on missing important chunks of conversation

Kim, so glad you are feeling better!!!! You rock!
Old 02-06-2018, 12:04 AM
Pirate Detective

I'm sure your cat will be fine Leanne, but you're bound to worry. Worrying is natural, but the main thing is you don't let it change your behaviour, and I'm proud of you doing that.

I'm glad you're doing so much better now, Kim. I hope you will be able to drive and do everything you used to soon.

Kia - Last Wednesday night I tore my right calf muscle. It's extremely painful! I hope you are feeling better soon, too.

Hi Theresa.

In lots of pain this morning. The muscle keeps cramping up again, and gently stretching it so I can walk, is so painful! I shan't be going to the library today. That means even more time off as it's half term next week and the thing I help with, is only at term time these days. I may walk to the shops though, just to keep it moving and stop it from shortening up.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you slept well Leanne.

Yep, Kia, much better. Thank you. Are you feeling any better today?

Claire, we'll see if he will allow me to drive again, Thursday. I'm trying not to get my hopes up.
I'm so sorry your leg is hurting, and so awful, this morning.