Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2018, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good luck tomorrow Leanne! It's good to see you, too. I hope the roads aren't that bad in the morning.

I'll check my emails.

I'm glad you didn't have pain last night, Claire. Recovery is hard.

It's been almost 2 months since my surgery, which is a great recovery for me, but it's still so hard. I keep expecting things to be normal, and they're just not. I'm afraid they never will be even near normal anymore.

I had quite a bit of pain sleeping, but was okay getting up out of bed.

My home health nurse will be here in a few hours to discharge me. I'm getting sleepy again though. I need to go back to bed for a few hours.

Kim
Old 02-14-2018, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sorry you're still in so much pain, Kim. I think there's plenty of improvement to come though.

Recovery is hard. I still don't know why I was recovering so well last week, and then ended up unable to walk at all for a bit. Still I'm being very cautious this time.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, I don't understand why you got so much better, and are now having a harder time again.

I know it's so hard to be patient, and cautious -especially when you're out around other people, but I know you can do that. I know you've already been very patient and careful, but try to keep going.

How are you feeling since you've been up a while?

I slept for a couple and a half hours of sleep, and hip feels better. I'm hoping it's just my leg muscles that are weak.

Kim
Old 02-14-2018, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good morning all!

I had a real scare today, Jon turned up at my house at 8am to surprise me with a bunch of flowers! He had booked Valentines off as a surprise so we could spend the day together! He also bought me a bottle of Archers as I have wanted one for a while. So sweet!
Old 02-14-2018, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I assume it was a good scare, then. Sounds lovely!
Old 02-14-2018, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, you didn't answer my post. How is your leg doing today, now that you've been up a while?

Theresa, .I'm so happy he surprised you, and that you'll have a lovely day together today.

I'm officially free, and completely discharged from home health care. She told me I just have to tell my Dr. if I need any of them back, and he'd take care of getting them for me.

I've got to start doing some of my cleaning and decorating here. Little by little.

Kim
Old 02-14-2018, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't see your post Kim! Either was being weird, or it's me, but I didn't see it at all.

My leg is feeling quite sore, but it usually does when I haven't used it very much. The muscle shortens up and gets painful, which is why it's so bad first thing in the morning.

I'm glad you're happy to be discharged.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-14-2018, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Valentine's day, Leanne.

My husband's bought me a chinese from the local supermarket for dinner tonight. (No MSG!)
Old 02-14-2018, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Claire. I was just really hoping you'd feel more better. I'm glad you're being patient, and that you understand why your leg is hurting more. Sending you feel better wishes. Oh Claire! That was awesome of him! And no MSG, great!

Leanne! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

It's nice celebrating with you guys. I used to even break up with boyfriends, temporarily, to avoid Valentine's day, It was too tough for me to think about. Of course, I'd do the same for Christmas, and my birthday.

Anyway, I hope you guys are having a good one.

Leanne, how's the weather, and your car?

Kim
Old 02-14-2018, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Theresa, that sounds like a cool surprise!!! Early though!!!

I'm glad you can still have MSG-free Chinese food, Claire, so you aren't deprived!!!

Kim, the snow wasn't too much, and the roads were thankfully clear, yet the traffic was super slow anyway. So I'm glad it looks snow pretty, yet not a scary stressful driving event on the roads! I got my new car battery just in time so it works well now when I turn it on!!

I don't usually do anything on V-day, kind of a non event!! But my co-worker surprised me with a chocolate heart candy and the school was having a pancake breakfast so I had a nice pancake plate at work this morning.. I mean, not too bad, eh?
Old 02-14-2018, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad that the roads weren't bad for you. And that you get to see the pretty snow.

Aw, how nice of your co-worker. And YAY for a pancake breatkfast.

I got a Valentine's card from my cousin, and then one from a friend who also sent me a $25 gift card from Walgreen's. That really surprised me.

ETA-I recorded Collateral Beauty the other day, to decide if I wanted to keep it recorded. It is an absolutely brilliantly written story, with awesome actors/actresses.

Kim
Old 02-14-2018, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oooh, nice surprise gift, Kim!!

I've never seen Collateral Beauty.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was.

If you ever get the chance, see it. I never saw the ending coming, and the whole story was beautiful. Sad, for sure, though. If you don't want to cry, don't see it.

How's your day going?

I answered your email.

Where did Claire go? It's almost time for her bedtime.

Kim
Old 02-14-2018, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi guys. It's hard to keep positive when it heals so slowly seemingly. But then you and I are in the same boat, Kim in having to be patient.

I'm sorry the roads were slow, Leanne. At least your car is working today.