Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2018, 03:58 AM
Elite Fan

I drove to the shop to get milk but I shouldn't have gone. Still it's done now. My online shop is coming soon and we're going to the cinema this afternoon to see Black Panther.

Thanks Theresa.

The rain today is horrible.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Well, I got ready for work hoping the jump start would carry on, but my car won’t start again. At this point I don’t trust jumper cables to keep working and now I can’t drive to work! plus I will need to replace my battery but can’t move my car so pay for a tow truck! I hate life. I replaced the battery but didn’t think it would conk out this quick.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:42 AM
Communications Team
Doing wrong things right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
I drove to the shop to get milk but I shouldn't have gone. Still it's done now. My online shop is coming soon and we're going to the cinema this afternoon to see Black Panther.

Thanks Theresa.

The rain today is horrible.
Oh I want to see that! Let me know if its good, i think i'll watch it Friday.

Oh no Leanne, what are you going to do?
Old 02-13-2018, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

I’m really not in a good mood. I have to pay for a replacement battery now. I have to call a towing company to jump start my car or take it to the auto shop mall so I have to pay for that and then I’m missing work and today is supposed to be book exchanges all day for classes so I called a sub from the top of my head but it’s so last minute I doubt there will be a replacement and it makes me look unreliable and this couldn’t happen on the weekend but the day after a 3day weekend so that looks great. I hate taking off days off work and also not being able to move my car.

Of course my dad could come over and jump start it for free but he is gone til Thursday. Siblings are at work too, where I should be arriving right now.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

Either the battery has failed or the system for charging it has failed. A jump start will only work long term, if those systems are still working. We once got stuck on our way to a holiday, but all we needed was a new fan belt, and it was easily fixed. I hope you work out what is wrong with it quickly.

It was busy, Theresa, it being half term. I was a bit bored by it to be honest. There was a bit too much fighting and effects. And all the cliches seemed to be in there, and not much humour. Still nice set up for the Black Panther before the new Avengers film. I saw a trailer for that and it looks good!. There was a trailer for the new Deadpool film, too. I'm looking forward to that.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:53 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

I had to pay almost $60 for a jump start from a tow truck and then got my car to probably an expensive service shop for a battery replacement (at least, I hope it’s the battery, not sure if it’s anyting else causing it) so I’m waiting in the shop for it cause they claimed it wouldn’t take that long.

I’m still sort of nervous after this is done, if I stop my car at the mall or condo it will still not start, welcome to anxiety which is ridiculous. Logically, if the battery is replaced, the car will start. Just not cool when you do start the car and it won’t start without warning.

I’m glad you were able to get out and see a movie, Claire you don’t want to get cabin fever.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:44 AM
Communications Team
Doing wrong things right

Ah I see Claire I guess I'll still see it to see how it builds up Infinity war. Deadpool looks great yeah.

That's so irritating Leanne, and giving you additional anxiety
Old 02-13-2018, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

Well you may enjoy it more than I did, Theresa.

I hope the place you took it to knows their stuff and checked the car out, Leanne. If it's just the battery it shouldn't take long to replace.

Thanks Leanne. It is annoying being stuck indoors all the time. I feel very self-conscious when I'm out though, as I'm walking really slowly with a walking cane everywhere I go.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:28 PM
Communications Team
Doing wrong things right

I'll see what we think

I'm sure in time you'll recover Claire, don't feel so self conscious
Old 02-13-2018, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Theresa. I suppose if the injury was more obvious l wouldn't feel so self-conscious. But being the last one out after the film, and having all the cinema staff standing there holding the doors thinking everyone had left, was very strange.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:31 PM
Communications Team
Doing wrong things right

Aww bless you
Old 02-13-2018, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Yeah, I understand why you’d feel that way, Claire.

Had to replace my car battery, so my mind should be set at ease now. It cost me $200 to do that! Good thing I save my money regularly for surprises! Wish I didn’t have to miss work for that though!
Old 02-13-2018, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hiya! I've been in bed, mostly asleep, since I got home yesterday-both hurting and exhausted. Driving was awesome, and it was like I'd never been away from it.

I'm going to have to divide the grocery store into 2 trips a week. I didn't really get any meals. The handle of the grocery card it much higher than my walker arms, so my hip is way out of alignment. I never made it to Dollar General either. I'm really hobbling now.

Anyway, my nurse will be here to discharge me from care, in the morning.

Claire, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time worrying about being slow, and feeling like you're drawing attention to yourself.

Leanne, I really hate hearing about all the trouble with your car, but I'm happy it's taken care of now, despite the cost and missing work.

Theresa, I hope you like the movie when you see it. How was pancake day for you? I hope you are enjoying your time off this week.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

goodnight, Kim, I have to go to sleep, but glad to see you're alive!
Sorry, you're hurting, exhausted. I think soon enough you will be back in the swing of things, still healing! But driving already! Freedom

My anxiety is still a bit up there cause now it's decided to snow all night so I might have to drive in the snow tomorrow morning, always a scary kind of thing in my hilly area. they never close for snow days in the decade I've worked there except last year when we had that crazy unusual amount of snow. I'm glad I got my car battery replaced today tho instead of it conking out tomorrow morning and then driving a dead battery car through snow or depending on tow trucks to get to me if they are busy towing out cars in ditches on the highways!

I sent you an email too, girl!

Wish me luck with my snow commute tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:33 AM
Elite Fan

Good luck, Leanne! It's a good thing your car is all fixed. I don't know how much 200 Canadian Dollars is but it sounds a lot!

I'm sorry you're so sore Kim. I've no idea what kind of store Dollar General is either.

Thanks Theresa.

It's been two weeks since my injury, and it's still very disabling. On the plus side I had no pain during the night, which must be a good sign. I still need the crutches first thing though. Now is the time I need to make sure I don't overdo it. I think I need to rest it for at least another week.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread