Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-29-2018, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi guys! Forgot to add a subscription to this thread so I forgot to check it!!

Kia - that sounds so nice! I bet you'll have a fab time.

Off work due to sickness, got some bad joint pains and flu, I was in a lot of pain just leaving Jon's yesterday, so I slept for a good three hours today and had a nice warm bath which seemed to help. I think it might have been stress related.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, I was just thinking about the 7 years I worked in libraries at school, and they still had card catalogs. I miss the smell and feel of those.

At least you were uninterrupted, and got a lot done.

Theresa, I used to have such joint pains I couldn't sleep from stress. Whatever it is, I hope you feel better soon. OOH! I absolutely adore your avie!!

Almost Lucifer time, then dreamland. She'll be here to wash my hair, and do some arm exercises, at 9am, and you know me-I never get up when I know I have to.

Kim
Old 01-29-2018, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

when I started my college education for Library, we still learned the old fashioned card catalog ways. I began right when they were transitioning to the internet and barcodes and computer MARC records so I’m really glad I started off when they moved on from the card catalogs. Using barcodes and computer programs are way more easier to me!

Yeah, the good thing about today was it was quiet and I had enough time for once to just put everything back without things being taken out at the same time... hard to organize when kids are constantly in the room too!

I’m on my back in my warm living room, gonna grab the good ol caterpillar and then have soup with crackers for dinner. My show doesn’t start til 10 pm so I have lots of time to read, or watch Netflix. And tomorrow is my best day at work!
Old 01-29-2018, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't like computers in libraries. I guess I'm old school. I'm glad you're getting the library the way you like, and that's easier for you.

I hope you had a good dinner, and night. Enjoy your show when it comes on.

Lucifer has me It's funny, and it catches me off guard with sweetness, laughs, and everything that happens. It doesn't matter that I missed the first 2 seasons. I'll see them later.

Okay, night night!

Kim
Old 01-29-2018, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Makes it so much easier to search things and do circulation and cataloguing and no typewriters!

Glad you like Lucifer, it sounds like a show about the Devils no?

Have a good sleep with nice dreams, Kimmie
Old 01-30-2018, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

All this talk about MARC records takes me down memory lane... But I won't bore you with that!

I told you about it before, Leanne. Lucifer is the devil but he's a good guy. I'm glad it was good, Kim. I'll see it today.

Not sure how I am today, but I'm considering not going to the library today. I have so much to do which I didn't get done yesterday, but also I still have a bit of a headache. On the plus side I slept well with no restless legs.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you slept well Leanne. Yeah, I understand about the library.

Also, like Claire said, Lucifer is a good guy. It surprises me and makes me smile every week.

Claire, did you call in to the library? I think it's a good idea if you did. I'm glad your legs behaved last night.

I slept pretty good, I think, but I'm tired. I had some restless dreams that woke me up, often.

Kim
Old 01-30-2018, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Kim. I got totally sidetracked by the accountant ringing me, and I ended up having to go through accounts and email him back, and then doing a load of filing. I wish I was a bit more organised at times.

Anyway all done, I managed to do all the shopping at least. There was quite a bit of ice on my car this morning. It doesn't usually get so much, as it's parked close to the house.

Hope you're having a good day, Kim.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire. I'm glad you got all of that taken care of with the accountant. I love filing-too bad I'm not there.

It must be really cold there! Yay on getting the shopping done. I go Thursday for that.

I'm too wrapped up in politics today. It's not helping my blood pressure, but he's on TV tonight, and I'm angry.

I just needed to vent, and get that last sentence out. No responses necessary.

Are you going to rest now, Claire? I might take a nap in a bit. Not sure though. My hair is still drying at the moment.

Kim
Old 01-30-2018, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know how you feel, Kim. I get really cross about the politics here, too.

No I'll probably not nap now, my husband's on his way home and the kids have just got in, the entire day has gone, whilst I was tackling all that paperwork. Well at least it's done now.

I think it was below freezing this morning for sure. It looked very pretty, though.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, I get upset reading about your politics, too. I completely understand.

Yep, day may be gone, but, you got a lot done. A lot.

Ice and snow are pretty, when you don't have to go out.

Have you seen Lucifer yet? I made an avie I want to use, but I want to wait until you've seen it. Not that it's a big deal, but just surprisingly funny.

Kim
Old 01-30-2018, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi 's.

I ended up not watching Good Doctor cause it was a rerun so I went into bed around 9:30 and took melatonin around 11:30 and then out like a light and didn't wake up til it was time to wake up! So I slept good! Got my coffee, a better start to my day than yesterday!!

I don't even pay attention to politics cause I already gear myself up in my own life to think about "that guy" and stuff!!
Old 01-30-2018, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Leanne! Hope you're having a good morning.

I haven't seen Lucifer yet, Kim. Hopefully we'll watch it this evening, though. My plans to catch up on stuff didn't work out today.

On the plus side my husband has insisted on cooking the dinner tonight.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish I lived with someone who could cook and we had a kitchen

I found out my SIL and kids and dog will be moving in next month... that's sooner than I expected! Really not happy about the new reality but it is what its going to be! I can't believe and never would have believed I'd ever be living WITH them!!!

I still don't get how the devil could be the good guy and even be the Devil!!
Old 01-30-2018, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You'd have to watch Lucifer to understand how he's a good guy. I thought he was bad, too, till I watched the first episode this season. He is just awesome.

Claire, let me know when you've seen it. No rush, I'm going to change to a different one, but not the spoilery one.

Oh that's so nice that your husband cooked dinner.

Leanne! How on EARTH can you be the one forced do deal with the consequences of your brothers awful behavior and decision?!!? That makes me so angry.

Glad your morning is going better today than yesterday.

I have no choice but to pay attention-most people outside the country don't have any idea how bad it really is here.

Kim