New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2018, 01:34 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Sci-Fi/Fantasy

That's a good point.

Doesn't sound like a bad dream. Sleep well!
Old 01-29-2018, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Goodnight Leanne, and good morning Claire.

I was up till 8pm, but didn't see you back Leanne, so I went to sleep. I was watching Armageddon. I hope you sleep well.

Claire, It sucks having restless legs acting up, especially every night. I hope you find a way to get them to ease up, soon.

Oh, I watched A-Team, Battlestar Galactica, Space 1999, Dukes of Hazzard...oh, The Muppet Show, Love Boat, Fantasy Island. I blame y'all for my mind sifting through 70's shows now.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Sci-Fi/Fantasy

I had lots of plans for this morning, then spent the time in bed with a migraine! I took pills for it but it didn't stop it. I guess I'm a bit run down or something.

So the chores and food shopping will have to wait for another day. Never mind though, my husband will take care of me when he comes home, which is a plus.

I'm not sure how to stop the restless legs, hopefully it's just a phase.

Me too, Kim! I was trying to remember all the 70s shows I used to watch too.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh Claire! Feel better. Just rest, like you said. Have you tried shutting your blinds? Do whatever you have to for yourself. It's nice he'll do that.

Yeah, I hope your restless legs are just a phase. I am a kicker-I move most of the night, but restless legs are a whole different thing.

I know. All day we're going to be like "70's shows, hm..." I mostly remember what I watched with my Papa and Nana, cause I spent a lot of time here during those years.

Edited-UGH! Just realized my migraine prevention medicine isn't with my medicine they gave me back when I left the hospital/rehab. I don't count my bottles, so I didn't realize. Going to have to make sure I get that this week.

Last edited by ThereYoullBe; 01-29-2018 at 05:54 AM
Old 01-29-2018, 08:29 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Sci-Fi/Fantasy

That's annoying, Kim. At least you realised you don't have it though.

I shut the curtains but I also put an eye mask on to make it really dark. Still my body is clearly telling me I need to take it easy today.

It's just started raining and the kids aren't back yet, they'll be soaked when they get here.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The eye mask should really help, Claire. I feel awful that you're feeling so bad. Just rest, and maybe nap if you can.

Are this kids at school? Yikes on getting soaked. That's an icky feeling.

PT went really well. And, I forgot to tell y'all, my pain level is down to about a 2 out of 10, rather than a 6-8 out of 10, so I'm really excited.

I'm watching The Kitchen, and now I'm starving. I'm going to have green beans fried in bread crumbs for dinner, and a roast been sandwich, since I'll be craving meat, too.

Feel better.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:47 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

I'm at work feeling a little pissed off butnthere is still a bright side so far

I'm at work and my co-worker is not here and no replacement so far so it looks like classes won't be here which means I can have a quiet day doing things.... but I'm pissed cause of after waiting for weeks, the laminated covers I was looking forward to doing , my co worker trimmed some of them wrong! So first she started my job for me and then she didn't do it right! now I have to do super trimming around edges, grrrr. And she did my job instead of shelving so there is a crap load of books on th carts. She did my stuff while she lets the books pile up on the cart all week!

Ugh, plus the internet is down so I can't even do a book exchange and now a teacher came in still a way and suggested I read these kids a story. Haha,, not.

Leanne
Old 01-29-2018, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds like a very rough morning Leanne. I hope the day gets better. Definitely no time for story time.

I guess she hates her own job, so she leaves it, and starts yours, and doesn't even have the common sense to do it right.

PT went SO well today. My longer leg (the right one) got in the way in some of the new exercises though. Yep, I've always had one leg longer than the other.

Done for the day. Have my ride to the pharmacy and grocery store set up for Thursday at 11am, and all my prescriptions called in.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Yeah, well, I can understand she may hate her job here. I just don't want her doing the stuff I do and find fun!! I do the tech work, she does the teaching, back off on my book processing! And then all this shelving. And going around the room, she just leaves piles of books the students just leave and its all random like picture books in the non fiction area. I can't keep up with one day a week trying to organize it all how it should be so this is now the most disorganized library I work at. When I was on my own, it was nice even with my one day! Cause classes weren't here everyday before and I would think with her here everyday, it would be good, but its not cause she leaves right when the kids do!!

Ok, anyway, I took several sprays of Rescue Remedy and it did take a big of an edge off. Haven't had coffee yet though, not sure if will make the edge come back with the energy

You have one leg longer than the other? Do you limp a little?

Glad you are organized for your day, Kim!!

Leanne
Old 01-29-2018, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I say to this with her to wake her up, and get her attention, then tell her hands off your stuff.

What kind of Rescue Remedy? Is it like essential oils? Glad it helped a little. Sometimes, when you're coffee deprived, coffee can actually help calm you down, from what I've read.

Yeah, especially since my back problems, and now with the new hip. It wasn't as noticeable until then. It's not bad though-it's just when I'm exercising, one foot moves along the floor, rather that in the air.

I'm so freaking glad to be having hardly any pain. Just have to be very careful to not overdo anything. I'm terrible about that, so it's requiring a lot of effort,

Thanks Leanne.

Mom gave me a number to call to get a woman (very well known in town) to clean, and do some of my grocery shopping. We'll see. Depends on how much she costs.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Glad to hear your pain is improved today Kim. It's so distressing to be in pain. It would be good to have someone to help you if you can afford it...

All of that sounds very annoying Leanne. I really understand why you're fuming. Will you say something to the co-worker when you see her?

Glad you're trying to cam yourself down though.

I've been napping a lot, and took more pills, so I'm up again. My migraines aren't usually this bad. No running for me tonight! Anyway, I need to catch up online!
Old 01-29-2018, 11:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

I'm glad youre feeling good with not much pain for once! You can counterbalance your good mood with my cranky one til I'm also back to calmness!

I finally have some coffee now. Good thing I brought two pods too, I might need a second cup in the afternoon and a small headache was starting!

I think Rescue Remedy is a natural product brand and I found some in my local mall organic health store. The boxes are bright yellow. Maybe they are in a health store in your town. My spray is supposed to be twice on the tongue, but applied as often as needed throughout a day. Its "flower essences in a grape alcohol solution". The essences are "rock rose, impatiens, clematis, star of Bethlehem and Cherry-Plum".

Yeah, if you barely have any pain don't try to over extend things and see how that progresses! That would be nice to contact that woman!

IT was a good movie by the way. It was nightmarish, but I didn't even think about it before bed,

Leanne
Old 01-29-2018, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh my gosh, I had such a good hour and a half nap. I feel pretty relaxed now.

Yep, Leanne, our moods usually do a good job of balancing each other out.

Claire, I'm so glad you've been taking a lot of naps. Hopefully that is helping you. It's really bad when your migraines are worse than usual. Don't get upset though, that will make it worse, and I want you to get better.

Leanne, I'm happy you got your coffee. And extra. Oh those all sound like healthy things and scents, but ooh, no, nothing on my tongue, ever. It always makes me sick. I hope it's really helping you.

Cool. I'll have to watch IT when I get a chance. I'm hoping eventually it'll end up on Netflix. Glad it didn't cause you any nightmares.

Ooh, forgot to mention, I napped, cause it's Lucifer night!

Last edited by ThereYoullBe; 01-29-2018 at 01:30 PM
Old 01-29-2018, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

I'm feeling more normal now! I really hate feeling ragey, its too overwhelming on my body! I'm spending the afternoon slowly re-shelving. Slowly putting things in order will probably relax me more! Not very often I get a quiet day alone at this place to fix things up a bit!

There are other Rescue Remedy products you don't have to spray on the tongue though too.. like gum or whatever!

Glad you have time to catch up online Claire, glad your family helps you out when sick too sometimes its nice to just play around online!!

Oh and its the Good Doctor tonight, although I wrote a post on the thread for the show about how it just feels sad to me right now, the plot for Shaun!!

Leanne
Old 01-29-2018, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

What is the Good Doctor like? Is it drama?