Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2018, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Thanks, Kim , I’m glad you had a nice birthday too.

Best game? That’s good to hear!

You used to do gymnastics as a kid? I was never that flexible or co-ordinated

I noticed it’s kind of noisy here periodically in a different way cause the kitchen is open to the living room so when the fridge is on, I can hear the mechanical sound of it, I can’t win but st least it turns off periodically I guess if you live in an open area, you will hear kitchen sounds like the dishwasher going and the fridge motor.

Sleep well, girlie! I’m gonna cook my pizza soon! goodnight no bad dreams!!

Leanne
Old 02-05-2018, 12:55 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Good morning! We have snow! A bit of a surprise when I opened the bedroom curtains! It's half melted already, but my husband's going to work late anyway. Our town is in a valley and if you go pretty much anywhere, you'll go to higher land where it'll be much thicker. So I'm not sure if I'll be trying to drive today or not! Still I could drive to the local supermarket if I don't feel like going to the one I like...

I don't think there is much point seeing a doctor. The symptoms perfectly reflect a ripped muscle, by the suddenness of it, and the fact it was a sudden movement which caused it. It's not easy getting a doctor's appointment, so I don't want to have to waste their time for a simple injury where they can only just give the advice I've already read on the NHS website.

I'm glad your birthday went well, Kim!

You sound like my dad, Leanne. He's really sensitive to noises like fridges humming. He has a gas fridge because he worries so much about it. How strange they don't use the bath!
Old 02-05-2018, 03:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

Another thread filled? You guys are amazing...
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's why I sleep with the TV on, Leanne. Otherwise I hear everything in the house, and outside. I hope the motors didn't distract you too much. I woke up with 2 minutes to go in the game, and the underdog team I was rooting for won, so I'm happy. Apparently their fans destroyed Philly last night though, so that's sad.

How was your pizza? I still had bad dreams, but I was more watching them, rather than involved in them, if that makes sense.

Claire, I'd definitely shop local, too. I hope you get out for a while, and are up to it. How is your leg feeling this morning?

Stewie.

PT will be here in a few minutes. I think that's all I have for the day, other than I have to get a transport to the store tomorrow, or Weds.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:55 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Hi Kim! My leg is on the mend, thanks. Each day I have a little more movement back. I managed to drive ok, and I got my shopping. All the snow is melted now.

I also went to the coffee shop this morning, and my husband drove me there, and a friend gave me a lift home, so I didn't have to walk.

I looked up the advice again and I can use heat packs now, and I need to seek help from minor injuries only if the swelling doesn't go down, or the pain gets worse, which hasn't happened. I only need to go to the doctor if I get feverish. I should be walking normally by two weeks, which is good to know. The bad news is it advises you to avoid running for 6 weeks.

Last edited by Meliana; 02-05-2018 at 10:11 AM
Old 02-05-2018, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire!

I'm glad you're healing in the time frame they've given. Sounds like you had a successful morning, got some driving and shopping in, and got to spend time with your friend. Sounds like you're having a really good day.

Sorry you won't be able to run for a while. I know how much you enjoy that.

PT went really well-she did all kinds of testing, rather than exercising. She said my balance and strength were better than she expected, and she said she expected a lot out of me. So, I'm getting there. Did a lot more walking with my cane, and walked normal steps, rather than hesitating every step. but it's good.

Wednesday will be her last visit. The surgeon may send me to outpatient PT, but unless he lets me drive, and JUST use a cane, I won't be able to get there and home.

I think we're both seriously on the mend. Now, we just have to be patient still, and cautious. That's the hard part.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:13 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Sounds good, I want and hope you guys feel improved day by day. Kim, that you can walk without a walker sounds quite free-ing and I'm sorry, running will take a while yet, Claire! All this waiting during what feels like a long boring winter time!

I have this annoying songin my head at work cause I heard the phrase "bag of weed" on the radio news and instantly that song from "Family Guy" entered my head which has that phrase in it. And I was starting to sing it out loud at work (which is a school ) hard to catch myself and it's so annoying. And it came up cause Canada is legalising it this year. So here is the song that stuck in my head

Leanne
Old 02-05-2018, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Sci-Fi/Fantasy

We are on the mend, Kim! This evening I'm walking carefully, rather than limping.

Well hopefully you'll get cleared to drive.

The kids have both been to the gym this afternoon! I'm impressed by them sometimes. They can only use things like the treadmill at their age.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

indeed Claire! We're getting there!

How cool your kids are doing that. I hate the treadmill more than ANY other exercise so I'm very impressed by them.

Leanne, good morning! It really is hugely freeing.

How's your morning going?

You KNOW I'm not going to listen to that song because all your stuck in your head songs get stuck in my head, too.

I'm going to the grocery store Wednesday morning, so I'll get caught up on my cold food.

Theresa says
Old 02-05-2018, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Oh, my morning is good so far, got the supplies delivered and some new books to catalog so I'm good.

Some kid freaked out (as per usual here) so I had to listen to that in the hall.

I always thought a spin class would be fun at the gym cause I like bike riding and stationary riding would be without actual hills!

Leanne
Old 02-05-2018, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Whoops! I didn't see your post, Leanne! Sorry about that. Still I was busy making dinner at the time... I hate when songs get stuck in your head.

I have a friend who does spin, and she wanted me to try it. I was a bit nervous of trying it, though... If you fancy it though, Leanne, perhaps you should!

I've done well today and been quite active, despite not being able to walk far, so I'm pleased with that.

Thanks Kim. They're good kids.

We need a new thread soon... Weren't there other title suggestions on the old one? I can't remember what they were, though...
Old 02-05-2018, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Title suggestions were about food and hugs!

Anything we've been discussing alot recently?

I had a nice piece of carrot cake during recess break!! anyone else like it?

I can't wait til work on Mondays are over just cause of the feral feel of this place!

I'm still having "bag of weed" stuck in my head throughout this morning, thanks, RADIO news!!!!

Leanne
Old 02-05-2018, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Sci-Fi/Fantasy

I thought there was more than one suggestion last time...

I LOVE carrot cake. It's one of my favourite types of cake for sure!

Title suggestion: Your friends are there for you, through the good times and the bad.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

New thread!!

X-Files Off Topic #41: because our friends are there through good times, bad times and times you need carrot cake!

Leanne
Closed Thread   Post New Thread