New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2018, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

My favorite 1970’s show is Mary Tyler Moore show. I’d like to have her nice little apartment. I liked her bookshelf under the stair step and I actually have the letter “L” on my wall, like she had the letter “M” on her wall.

Weird you don’t get any chancel that plays the old shows.

I wonder how you dressed in the 80’s! My parents bought or made my clothes then, so I claim zero responsibility for anything I wore back then in photos!

Are you going now?
Old 01-28-2018, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's a little past your bedtime. Sleep well.

I may end up checking that out. I saw a too graphic birth in Jude, so I will probably be okay with the births. Thanks for letting me know.

Fell for a Lucifer avie, so I had to switch. Here I go on the avie-go-round again.

Leanne, MTM is the best. I loved everything about her, her place, Rhoda, and the entire show.

I wore mini skirts, neon colored tops and sweaters, and Bon Jovi type leather jacket with the hanging things of leather, leggings, my jeans rolled up. Lots of boots with block heels. That's all I can remember at the moment. Oh, and jean jacket with a leather collar, and the jacket went down to my ankles.

Yeah, I think I'll do them now that I'm done with my mini ravioli, otherwise I'll avoid doing the cards for days again.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

That's a lovely avie!

I'll be off to bed soon.

Not sure what my favourite 70s show would be, other than Doctor Who of course...
Old 01-28-2018, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

I hope you have a good sleep, Claire and no restless legs!

Ok, Kim, have fun doing your cards!

I’m gonna go brave the rain. Every weekend I get more and more tempted to get the tiniest Kuerig machine for my bedroom and some hot chocolate to cover up the coffee pods, in case of cleaning fairy snoops. I’d love to have a cuppa as soon as I wake up, not after noon!

Old 01-28-2018, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, there are too many things on my watch list
But actually I feel a lot worse about all the things on my reading list So many books, so little time!

I'm still hopeful about the midwife though. And I think Netflix has it which is a plus

My favourite TV show from the 70s is Charlie's Angels Loved them. I wasn't born yet then but there were like a million reruns in the 90s
Old 01-28-2018, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

I never saw Charlie’s Angels cause no channels had them on for reruns! Now I’m watching Different Strokes. But I think I want to watch the new movie “IT” cause it seems like a good spooky rainy day afternoon horror movie to watch!

Yea, Kia, I keep buying and borrowing all these books, non fiction and some horror fiction and they are all on my bookshelf but I’m so backlogged now for reading all the books I bought that I intend to read I need to not buy any more new books seriously!
Old 01-28-2018, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Last year was the first year I actually started using my tablet to read. There are still quite a lot of books I want to own (because I love good books and rereading good books and living with books in my flat ) but I love thrillers and crime stories and there is really no need for them to be on my shelves since I rarely read those twice.
I still have at least 50 books piling up wanting to be read

IT definitely sounds like the right choice

I'm going to bed now. Past midnight already
But I managed to get a huge chunk of work done
Old 01-28-2018, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, I also hope you have no restless legs. I fell in love with this avie as soon as I saw it. Got a few from that board.

Kia, I have movies like Trolls, and stuff like that cause I love kids stuff. I also have several shows. I'd like to re-watch Reign again, but OUAT is first.

Leanne, I hope you get to your books. And, I hope you have a good, and fairly dry, trip out. Who cares about the snoops. You deserve your coffee first thing in the morning. You're a grown up with her own mind, and choices. I know, easy for me to say.

I don't read any more, though I might with a tablet. Hm. I don't own anything other than my lap top. What channel is IT on???? I've checked, but can't find it.

I LOVED Charlie's Angels. I also liked Emergency cause even then I liked cute guys.

Good night Kia. Sweet dreams.

I'm so tired-did my recycling, which was pretty much too much for me. Getting stuff into the bag, and collecting it. That's going to have to be it for the night, no matter how much more I want to do.

I got my cards done, addressed, and stamps on them. Hopefully it'll be nice tomorrow, and I can make it out to the mailbox for my walking for the day. PT will be here at 9:30am.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Hi Kim! I’m watching the IT movie right now... so weird it’s taking place in summer of 1989 instead of the ‘50’s! I’m renting it on iTunes, it’s not free,

I’m gonna have a sandwich soon, not sure if I should eat while watching horror! It’s a good movie so far. One part already creeped me out

Yeah, not sure if I plug in a keurig, it might be too much plugged in my room after my brother’s drama in the family, I’m sure my coffee drinking is the least of any disappointment there could be now!
Old 01-28-2018, 11:48 PM
Elite Fan

I'm afraid I did get restless legs. I've it had every evening this week so far, and last had it in both legs! I was awake until after 11.00pm. I got it in the night too, but not so bad.

My friend has invited to have breakfast at a cafe this morning, but I don't think I can face a cooked breakfast. I'll have to just have a cup of tea.

I would have rebelled for sure Leanne, and got a coffee machine!

I didn't really watch Charlie's Angels, I was more into Batttlestar Galactica, Mission Impossible, and Knightrider.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Aww, sorry, Claire. You get restless legs a lot. I only get it very periodically!

Well, the thing is, all weekdays at work there is a keurig so it seems almost like why spend the money if I have accesss to a machine everyday except the weekend? except for holidays and non work days, it's nice to have it and not have to maintain it. I haven't even tried maintenance on my counter top dishwasher yet!

I was too young to actually watch shows during the 70's except preschooler shows. However, I watched so many shows during the 80's! I remember Knight Rider! Ok, I am weird cause I am pretty sure I had more of a crush on the car K.I.T.T than really noticing David Hasselhoff.... yeah a crush on a car that talked... but it had a good voice and smooth curves and could do stunts
I really wanted a car like K.I.T.T.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:03 AM
Elite Fan

I loved KITT too, but then I was about the same age as you! I did worry that it was a cylon from Battlestar though, as it had the moving light on the front like a cylon!

I don't normally get restless legs as bad as this, I'm not sure why it's gotten worse recently..
Old 01-29-2018, 12:10 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Wonder how to calm restless legs?

I'm surprised they played KnightRider in the UK during its actual run!

Anyway, I just looked up the car and ... yeah, I can see why a weird little girl like me would get a car crush on this vehicle! still kinda gets my blood pumping with the music, the voice lights going up and down, it would have been so exciting for me to be the owner and drive a car like that, plus it helped solved crime so it was smart AI, haha

EDIT: oh of course, the voice was with a British accent, that helped haha

Old 01-29-2018, 12:21 AM
Elite Fan

There were a lot of American shows. They also had them on endless repeats in the 80s too.

Thanks for the video. Lots of memories there!

I wouldn't have noticed the accent at the time for sure...
Old 01-29-2018, 12:26 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

yeah, he probably sounded like any voice to you

Wow, I watched that a few times before bed, now I'll probably have a dream about driving K.I.T.T. tonight... also this little info about me having a crush on a TV car doesn't leave this forum

I almost thought it's a disappointment that after all this time they still can't actually make cars like that... but then I realised it's kind of close with internet and built in GPS screens with a voice speaking directions in usually a female voice. I want my cars to be male, damnit! but I can see talking cars happening before my life is over!

Ok, I guess I better go to bed,