Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I am going to bed soon. I hope you had fun with your graphics, and enjoy your TV.

Enjoy your weekend with Jon. Night night.

Kim
Old 02-02-2018, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

After work, I stopped at a diner place for lunch, a tuna melt sandwich and Mexican tortilla soup, then visited this co-op grocery store I always drove by but never visited so I got groceries and now I’m home. I have the key to my parents condo so I’ll be there this weekend and some evenings to get away from the noises upstairs and plus more tv channels. And then next weekend is a 3 day long weekend I’ll go there to sleep and bring my cat probably while the family moves in.

Ugh, my cat just stank the litter box which leads into my main room

Glad your shoes came Kim! I know your birthday is on Sunday!
Old 02-03-2018, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought your birthday wasn't yesterday! You confused me on the Bunny thread!

I slept ok. No major improvements in my leg overnight. I'll have to be patient.

Sounds like your parents are helping you as much as they can, Leanne. It sounds good you get to get away at times.

I'm glad your new shows came and fit so well, Kim.

Enjoy doing your graphics, Theresa!
Old 02-03-2018, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No worries, Claire. The Bunny thread got me confused too, and it was all my doing.

Yeah, you've definitely got to be patient with your healing. Did you sleep okay though?

Leanne, sounds like incredible food. Smart staying away a while. Your parents' place should be an awesome escape. Will you go spend some time with your kitty?

My sugar went so low again last night. I had trouble getting it back up. I'm just going to have to use less insulin.

Slept a lot though.

Kim
Old 02-03-2018, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I slept very well last night too. Woke up, thought I had work and was so happy when I realised it was Saturday.

My dad's in a bit of a grumpy mood, snapping at us for very little things. I will leave in a bit, as I'm meeting Jon in town.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I love mornings like that-when you think you have to work, and the relief and joy when you remember it's your day off.

Glad you're getting out of the house from your dad's mood. It happens sometimes. Have a blast with Jon.

I'm watching the 2 hour finale of Hell's Kitchen, and I can't decide which chef I want to win. I like Team Girl the best, but I like both teams.

Kim
Old 02-03-2018, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, where did you run off to? Having some fun family time? I hope so.

Leanne, I know you're still sleeping, but good morning!

My girl won Hell's Kitchen! She gets a $250,000 dollar salary a year, being head chef at one of Gordon Ramsey's restaurants.

Oh my goodness. Just, crap. I don't know where my head is this weekend. I'm confusing everything. I'm sorry I double posted.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 02-03-2018 at 09:14 AM
Old 02-03-2018, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've double posted by accident before too, so don't worry!

We all went out this morning. My son is looking to redecorate his room so we were looking at paints. It was really funny as every time they set off they'd all be a distance away, before they realised I was struggling along behind them!

Later they were saying 'you walk over there now, and we'll catch you up'! Even so I think I'm quicker than yesterday.

I slept mostly ok. I woke early which is annoying at the weekend.

Have a good time Theresa!
Old 02-03-2018, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad to know I'm not the only one who's done it.

It's SO cool that you get your kids involved in what they want to redecorate with. Not being able to when I was a kid was probably why I started doing it so often once I was an adult. Don't get my wrong, my rooms were always pretty, I just wasn't involved.

I think that's really important, and treating them with a lot of respect and caring. I know I say if often, but wow, you never stop surprising me with how great you are with your kids.

That's funny. At least you got better at walking today. That means you're getting better. They were so funny.

I think waking early sucks any time, so I feel for you.

I'm watching SWAT now. I really love this show. I don't know if it's cause of the characters only, or what, but it's a cool show.

Gotta go do my exercises. I'll be back in about half an hour.

Kim
Old 02-03-2018, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sorry your parents never let you choose, Kim! We might give advice about that kind of thing, but I think it's really important kids learn to be able to choose for themselves. I personally found it really hard to make decisions as an adult, because my parents never let me make many decisions.

Your comments about my parenting skills are so sweet! Thank you! It's not easy to be sure. I agree respect is very important. My daughter is now noticing how her friends are different to her due to differing parenting styles, she can see the mistakes made, which is interesting.

Hope the exercises go well.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I woke up after 9 am so I needed so much sleep. I feel so sleepy lately and like I can sleep for 12 hours straight easily. another sign of February, winter still going, and I feel like hibernating through the tail end.

Yeah, my folks are on vacation and will be gone til Valentines Day, so their condo is basically mine til then. I'll only go on evenings the kids are here and during the weekends to take advantage of the tv and actual kitchen with an oven and stuff I'll bring my kitty over for the long weekend together.

I always could decorate my bedroom how I wanted as a kid.

It sounds like you enjoy changing the look of your home, Claire, you've been working on your home a lot!

Hi Kim I worry about your sugar levels going out of control and you won't know it.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's great you get to stay there for a bit, Leanne.

I've got more stuff to do downstairs. Decorating is something that needs doing every so often I suppose. My son was too young to choose the colours of his room before, and his sister has re-decorated recently so I guess that's why he wants to now. The kids are off for half term in a week, so that will the opportunity to do it.

What are your plans for today, Leanne?
Old 02-03-2018, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I need to do some laundry! I also need to go pick up the rest of my prescription that was backordered. I plan to go to the condo and watch tv and cook a pizza. I never have pizza cause I don't have my own oven and I rarely order pizza from a pizza place!

My plans aren't very big! This is the last weekend the kids won't be living here so it's quiet, I'm surprised no one came last night or today yet... next weekend they are moving in and then they will always be here and I'll have to always have my door closed cause the dog will awlays be here. I've lived here since 2008 and have never had to permently keep my door to the rest of the house always closed forever. I might feel claustrophobic a bit. And so will my cat, likely!
Old 02-03-2018, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, I SO wish I'd grown up with parents like you guys. I still have so much trouble making decisions, even easy ones. That is so need that your daughter has started noticing the effects of parenting on kids.

Timing is perfect to re-do his room.

Leanne, I'm with you on the hibernating. It's sunny here, but 19 degrees, and so I just want to stay in bed. Plus, like you, I'm so tired.

Cool that you're bringing your kitty for the weekends. It'll be like being on vacation almost.

Yeah, well, I will be using less insulin from here one out. It's just so exhausting when it goes that low, and, I can't risk not waking up, or not getting out of bed when it happens.

Exercises went well. I do them, and the walking, twice a day. It's making me want nap time though.

We're getting ice and maybe some snow, all morning tomorrow, then switching over to rain in the afternoon. Hoping the ice doesn't get too heavy, or the power lines may come down.

Okay, off for my nap. I'll be back in an hour or so.

Kim
Old 02-03-2018, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope you have a good rest, Kim. You're so sweet.

We still haven't had any snow...

Enjoy the quiet whilst you can then Leanne.

My husband cooked meatballs and pasta for dinner and it was delicious!