Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-01-2018, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

How is your leg now Claire? Are you resting now? Elevate and keep icing it

Hi Kim, and Leanne. You guys chatted a bit last night.

I went into work today, I was fine for the most part but by 11 my head was pounding and my temperature had shot right up! I took some meds and carried on but I feel absolutely drained and feverish so I asked my head if I could leave at 3, instead of 4 because I honestly feel so exhausted - did I rush recovery too much?
Old 02-01-2018, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That doesn't sound good, Theresa. It does sound like you were still sick. You planning to work again tomorrow?

Yes. I'm doing that thanks. I'm limping around the house, but mostly resting it. I had a sort nap just now, as my sleep was disturbed last night. It was short though as there was too much going on in the house, the phone ringing, my husband wandering in the room and that kind of thing. Perhaps I'll nap a bit later, I still feel drained.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You all need rests,

Get your blankets and relax.

I'm just starting my day! But I'm pretty tired even though I slept ok.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good morning Leanne.

Yes. I think we all need recovery time right now!

Still I've made the dinner, it's in the oven which is set to turn on, so I can just relax for a bit.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We all need a duvet day right about now

I am home now, under my duvet, and my feet up. Im going to see how I feel tonight, Claire, and hopefully go in again tomorrow and try again It should be more chill, as it usually is on Friday and Jon will spend the weekend at mine from Saturday so i can take it easy. We did have lunch plans Sunday but its depending on how I feel.

I am making some chicken wings and sweet potato fries now, i think the food might lift my spirits.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm feeling off myself! Not sick, but I'm feeling tired even though I slept and I think I'm off a tad emotionally, could be cause my co-mod is officially gone now. Never got to say bye, she's just gone!

I'm glad I have fun processing stuff to do at work though!

I feel like I'd rather be in bed sleeping my morning away though

Not sure I'll be that hyper on for a while or today

Comfort food is needed when feeling ill or wounded!! I need to go shopping for some myself after work.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, I'm happy you got a few things done for yourself while still taking care of yourself. What's for dinner?

Theresa, yikes. you should definitely call in tomorrow if you still have a fever. I hope you enjoy your dinner.

Leanne, sorry about your co-mod. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling off, and not great today. I'm glad you have your good work to do today.

I got a chicken sandwich! The grocery store had one. So, I'm very excited. It will hopefully satisfy my craving.

I am SO exhausted. Might be napping in a while. Not sure yet.

Kim
Old 02-01-2018, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

hey Kim! Is that a Burger King chicken sandwich you craved or just in general one that you got? Did you eat it or saving it?

I'm about to have some chicken ramen soup, junky but needed for my mid morning break, I need self comfort which is weird. It's like my head/body feels like crying but I don't feel a need to myself. Just an off day but I'm hoping It improves with coffee and food later on too. So far, having a relaxing time doing my book processing.

What makes your chicken sandwich delicious?
Old 02-01-2018, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, I can't get to Burger King right now, but I really like this grocery store's chicken sandwiches. They are fried, and have pickles and mayo on them. It satisfied my craving.

I got 3 packs of Ramen noodles. I've never had it in soup though. I hope you like it more than you think you will.

I'm sorry you're sad. That makes me sad. I'm glad you're doing your book processing and seem to be distracted by it, and enjoying it.

Kim
Old 02-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sorry you're feeling low, Leanne. At least you're enjoying your work.

It's sad about your co-mod. I hope someone applies for the position.

I hope you're feeling better tomorrow, Theresa. It's not fun to have to work when you're not feeling well.

I had macaroni cheese with bacon, Kim. Easy to make and delicious! A family favourite too.
Did your trip make you so tired? I'm wondering if I should walk down the shops tomorrow. I would be very slow, though...
Old 02-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, yummy dinner. You always make such great food. I love bacon, on or in anything.

Yeah, from just doing those 2 stores, and I rested a lot of the time on benches. It really was exhausting, but I got through the whole store today-twice. Forgot bread though.

my stuffed puppy is coming today. And my shoes Saturday. I hope they got the color right. I got light gray, with light pink laces and trim.

Kim
Old 02-01-2018, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, I just take it especially easy when I feel weird like this. I'll be ok! I'm gonna go out of the building during lunch and get a free coffee that I got during the Christmas season. And I'm going to get some kind of pasta comfort dish for dinner tonight, diet be damned!

I hope your dog comes in the mail soon, Kim, the chicken sandwich sounds good, And I'm also imagining eating Claire's family dinner

Speaking of shoes, I noticed today my co-worker is wearing the exact same pair of shoes I own (but don't wear til spring!) like not even the same brand but even the same colour and design I'll have to try to remember to not wear them on Thursdays cause I don't want to be clothing or shoe twins with a co-worker all day! But that's funny, not even a different colour!

Grey and pink colour sounds nice!

Last edited by reason to believe; 02-01-2018 at 12:50 PM
Old 02-01-2018, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Kim I'm glad you like my culinary skills! You made me laugh, Leanne!

I feel so bored! It must be I'm not used to being stuck indoors all day. I wish I could go for a walk.

That stuffed puppy sounds so lovely!

I'm really not very observant about things like that, Leanne. Will you remember to not wear the shoes on that day? I'm sure I'd forget!
Old 02-01-2018, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, I hope getting outside in the fresh air and getting a coffee helps. Taking it easy, I think, is a good thing. that your co-worker has the same shoes. It's way too early to wear spring shoes.

I'd end up being a shoe twin, knowing my timing.

Claire, it always sounds so good. It sucks being mostly inactive, when you're used to the opposite. Hopefully you'll heal fast, and be able to get out and walk.

Did you decide about going to the shops tomorrow? I know it would be nice for you to get out, especially if you're careful.

I'm waiting for the mail to get here, and then I'm going to nap. I am so tired and hurting. Gotta get the bags of groceries off my bed though. My mom put my cold stuff in the freezer and fridge for me.

Kim
Old 02-01-2018, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't decided yet. I considered driving down there, but there's only one hour's free parking and I need to go to the bank, which doesn't open until 10.00 am. I might try and walk, I'll see how I feel. My friend asked me if I wanted to run with her tomorrow and I had to say I couldn't.

I hope you get to rest soon, Kim.