Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-31-2018, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That doesn't really surprise me, Leanne.

I was just going for a walk, and was crossing the road, when it seemed I needed to rush as a car was coming. So I rushed and felt a sharp pain in my leg, and it was suddenly very hard to move. I was very aware of still being in the road and I rushed as fast as I could over the road, then stood there in enormous pain! I think is severe cramp. But I tried to stretch it and it hurt so bad! I went into shock and started to retch and feel faint. So my husband went and got the car, and now I'm laid out on the sofa with a heat pack on, unable to move.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh no! Kim is getting more mobile and now you are on the couch, immobile!! That is weird that happened and unfortunate! Glad you could get out of the street, but that must feel horrible, pain and shock Wonder why your leg would cramp from nowhere??
Old 01-31-2018, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's my own fault, not stretching enough earlier. I'm paying for it now.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

do you walk fast? Or take long strides?

Awww, now we are both feeling uncomfortable physically today.

Hope the heat pack helps you.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've got two people telling me it's a torn muscle now. It's certainly painful enough.

I was hurrying across a road at the time, and going quite fast.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

for you all feeling so bad.

Claire, I'm really worried about you. That kind of pain is scary, and I am so glad you got out of the street, though with terrible results. Can you get to a Dr. tomorrow if you need to? I hope the heat pack helps. Just 's

Leanne, sorry you're still feeling bad. I I was hoping that feeling would pass for you.

I was exhausted and took a nap. I'm having canned lasagna over either tortilla chips, or my leftover mashed potatoes.

Kim
Old 01-31-2018, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ive never experienced something like that, but yeah a torn muscle sounds extremely painful!! Ouch!!! Wonder how you can heal that??

Sorry, wow, how things change in a day!
Old 01-31-2018, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just looked up self help for it apparently ice is the best treatment. I can't walk at the moment, Kim, but I will go to the doctor if it doesn't improve. So annoying, though!

When my husband comes back I'll ask him to get a ice pack.

Sorry you're not feeling good, Leanne.

That food sounds nice, Kim.

EDIT: The good news is it seems like cramp - there's no redness or swelling, and I'm even able to massage and stretch it a bit now.

Last edited by Meliana; 01-31-2018 at 02:25 PM
Old 01-31-2018, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So glad that it seems better Claire. It's a good sign that there is no redness or swelling.

Sleep well.

Canned ravioli actually isn't bad. Or, I'm just really hungry these days. It was so good over the potatoes, and I have some left for tomorrow night, even though I'll have bought groceries.

Things change reallllllly fast some days Leanne. I hope you're either free of your co-worker, or, you've managed to avoid her.

Kim
Old 01-31-2018, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope you can sleep ok, Claire!! Hope you have some painkillers!

Hey Kim! Yeah sometimes I ate canned ravioli and I liked sometimes to eat it weird like open the noodle sides with my teeth and then eat the little meat part on its own. Why? I don't know!!

Im not sure what to have for dinner tonight! Pho keeps popping in my head, but I have to actually go in to the place and pick it up to take home if I do that.

Tonight is new X-Files, Oh, Kim, maybe you will remember to try watching it??

I'm at my second location now. My co-worker was so happy I finished all these library cards in one morning that she asked if I do hugs and I kind of shrugged so she did a light hug, But then poured little pieces of chocolate into my work bag as a thanks! So I'm rolling in chocolate from my Monday's hoarding, and now this!!
Old 01-31-2018, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've never eaten ravioli that way. That's cool. I either eat them whole, or in half.

Aw, you can do it. It's going to be worth it if you go in and get it.

I might watch X-files tonight, or at least give it a shot, if I'm still up. Thanks for reminding me it was on.

Go chocolate!! Yay for you. I tend to hug people when it feels like they're going to hug me. Then it feels normal to me.

Kim
Old 01-31-2018, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cramp is painful Claire But its certainly easier to treat than torn muscles.

I *believe* my pain is almost gone now, but I also don't want to jinx it. I certainly jinxed it last night. But Jon was over, and spent a long time massaging my legs, I didnt even ask him to But it did wonders for me. I'm actually eager to get back to work.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Theresa. I'm glad you feel like you're feeling better. I hope that holds out, and you just keep getting healthier.

That was really sweet of Jon, and I am glad you feel better.

I am SO taking a Twitter break from politics for a couple of days. Let everyone on my Twitter feed know. It's just too insane, more keeps happening day after day. It's just insanity. I am too stressed.

Discussing football/the Superbowl, NASCAR, friendly stuff, and the great Superbowl special commercials on my Twitter feed instead.

Kim
Old 01-31-2018, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I tend to hug people too if they ask if they can first! I don't like people who approach and without warning just touch me In real life? the would scare me! One time when I was 12, I was on a beach and this boy came up from behind me, put his arms around my waist and swung me in a circle without warning and when I landed when he let go, I remember turning around and looking at him with my jaw wide open in shock! cause he touched me and picked me up without warning!!! Wasn't ready!!!

I don't know how you enjoy or go so much into politics. I already know that would get me mad and I can't afford to purposely raise my blood pressure! I use Twitter to follow fun things for amusement!

Glad you want to go back to work Theresa! Hopefully you can!!
Old 01-31-2018, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The politics must get to you sometimes Kim. I saw a video earlier of a man harassing an asian girl, saying horrid things like she was ugly, she wouldn't ever find a man and didn't belong in the US - that's Trump voters for you.

You should be like me,just discuss tennis Though we still have some tennis twitter fights

Its usually worse in the morning, so I'm going to be annoyed if it flares up again tomorrow.