Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2016, 08:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrellingTralk (View Post)
It seemed to me like a lot of viewers had nostalgic memories of The X-Files from the 90's, but hadn't properly watched it in years and weren't sure what to expect? I see a lot of attitudes like that after the third episode aired, many viewers were just shocked that the X-Files would air a comedy episode when it was a show that had always taken itself super seriously in their memories of it
Well...not always super seriously. The X Files always experimented with genre and they also had comedy episodes before. Remember "bad blood". I have to laugh only by thinking of it.
SannraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 01:37 AM
Elite Fan

That's what I meant, I think that some viewers just didn't have good memories of The X-Files as it actually was during the 90's, so they were really taken-aback at the third episode being 'silly' for example, but The X-Files always had funny episodes and they've never been afraid to laugh at themselves
Old 03-12-2016, 02:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That's what I meant, I think that some viewers just didn't have good memories of The X-Files as it actually was during the 90's, so they were really taken-aback at the third episode being 'silly' for example, but The X-Files always had funny episodes and they've never been afraid to laugh at themselves
Yes now I get your point...your right. The first two seasons had a more unique nature. Later on they experimented more and more with the different genres and I really loved it. The X Files had nearly everything: Scary movie elements, sci fi elements, horror elements, agent movie elements, thriller-and crime elements, comedy, satirical elements, romantic elements and so on and so forth. There aren't many series who can combine that so perfectly and IMO it had always been a great strength of the show.

But yes, maybe some people forgot that and it's always a question of perspective. I really liked "Babylon" for example and I can't really understand why others don't. But well, it's the way it is and I just see things in this other people don't see...
Old 03-12-2016, 09:00 AM
Master Fan

I came into S10 not really expecting anything in particular... maybe that played a part with me overall enjoying this past season.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
well that's the difference between viewers and fans.
GardenSirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi! I have a question concerning the English DVD prices:
I’m thinking about not buying the DVD in Germany because of the synchronization that hadn’t been that good this time. And I don’t want to pay Extra-Money for a synchronization I don’t really like, so…
I’ll be in Ireland this summer. Do you know if the prices there are much different than the prices in England? If the amazon.uk prices aren’t that much cheaper I guess I’d prefer to buy it there…
Old 03-16-2016, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm pretty sure it's the same price in Ireland as it would be in England. I live in the United States so can't say for sure, though.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenSirens (View Post)
I'm pretty sure it's the same price in Ireland as it would be in England. I live in the United States so can't say for sure, though.
Thanks. I'll be in Belfast as well as in the Republic, so I'll compare
Old 03-16-2016, 04:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for this thread! I have been without internet over the last ~3 weeks due to a move, so haven't even been able to watch the S10 finale yet. But the general feeling I have right now is that is simply was TOO SHORT!!! I dunno....it was weird. We waited for it for sooooo long, and then it was over within about a months or so. I am suffering from a major Anticlimax. Each episode for itself was great, especially the Weremonster (which I think rivals 'Bad Blood' and 'Jose Chung' - which means a LOT!!!). But maybe they should have focused on Mythology exclusively....what do you think? I am kinda feeling like there simply wasn't enough time for MotW episodes, in a 6-episode Season. Sigh. I still can't believe it's over, AGAIN!!! Hopefully this weekend I can watch the finale. Until then.....
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Little_Stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
Thanks for this thread! I have been without internet over the last ~3 weeks due to a move, so haven't even been able to watch the S10 finale yet. But the general feeling I have right now is that is simply was TOO SHORT!!! I dunno....it was weird. We waited for it for sooooo long, and then it was over within about a months or so. I am suffering from a major Anticlimax. Each episode for itself was great, especially the Weremonster (which I think rivals 'Bad Blood' and 'Jose Chung' - which means a LOT!!!). But maybe they should have focused on Mythology exclusively....what do you think? I am kinda feeling like there simply wasn't enough time for MotW episodes, in a 6-episode Season. Sigh. I still can't believe it's over, AGAIN!!! Hopefully this weekend I can watch the finale. Until then.....
Hi! Oh yes, a moves can be exhausting. Hold on!
It was short yes, but better than nothing. I can understand why they don't want to do an over-20-episode season again. I rewatch the series at the moment and I was suprised by how long the seasons were. Of course this is good for us, but I can totally understand their point to make it shorter with a high quality. 8 episodes would be perfect for me. 3 mytgology episodes to give this storyline more time and 5 MOTW episodes. I love the mixture of their styles that's why I need both MOTW and mythology
Old 03-17-2016, 02:41 AM
Elite Fan

Good to see you posting again, Stewie

I think that it would have been better to either have six MotW episodes, or six episodes focusing on the mythology and making more of a mini-series of it, it did feel a bit rushed to try and fit both in. I got the impression that they were so excited about doing the X-Files again that they wanted to try and fit in as much as possible, but weren't really prepared for what it meant to plan out a six episode season. That's why my wish for season 11 would be for them to wait for a time when they can film at least ten episodes

I did read somewhere that the original plan for season 10 was for seven episodes, but that in the end they didn't have another time to film one more episode
Old 03-17-2016, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SannraB (View Post)
Thanks. I'll be in Belfast as well as in the Republic, so I'll compare
yeah, let us know for sure. I'd be interested in knowing.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

7 - 10 episodes would be able to fit in mythology and MotW. If we do get a S11, I hope there would be a couple of more episodes than just 6, that way we could get the best of both worlds.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I firmly believe that if we get a season 11, fingers crossed, it'll be a fully loaded season.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

^ I think they might have other projects going on. But it would definitely be great if we could get as many episodes as possible!
Reply   Post New Thread